Eight

Take My Heart

--Flashback--

The hallway was filled with students chit chatting with each other since classes hadn't started yet. Two students who had just arrived strolled down the hallway and they suddenly turned their directions to them and started to whisper in each other's ear. They were the famous siblings Im Jaebum and Im Dahyun. Their father owned a company which wasn't as big as HYUNDAI or the other company but it was big enough considering there were only a few chaebol's kids in school. Some of the students who were girls began to squeal as the Jaebum walked pass them. He's known for his looks yet he's quite cold to the other people and firm with his rejection. Meanwhile Dahyun was just known as Jaebum's sister and she's actually being picked on since she's close to him.

Jaebum walked as he glanced towards his sister who was pretty much looking down since she was so uncomfortable of the other students' gaze.

"Ya you should keep your head up." he said calmly and nudged her. 

"Huh?" Dahyun immediately looked at him and sighed. "Mm. But they're so intimidating though." she trailed off.

Jaebum exhaled deeply at his sister's reply as he suddenly put his arm around Dahyun's shoulder and smiled. The other students who saw them quickly widened their eyes and the girls started to whine out of jealousy. Jaebum was just so hot in their eyes and Dahyun was too lucky to be his sister.

Dahyun flinched a little in surprise as she quickly turned to look at Jaebum. "Y-ya they're gonna kill me." she spoke to him as she tried to take his arm off her shoulder.

"Tch." Jaebum scoffed as he tightened his arm around her. "That's not going to happen. Lighten up dongsaeng-ah." a smirk plastered on his lips as they both finally reached Dahyun's locker. 

"You should probably go now oppa. I'm going to class." Dahyun said to him as she started to unlock the metal thing. 

"It's okay. I'll take you to class." Jaebum replied nonchalantly as he leaned onto the locker next to hers.

"What the-" Dahyun's eyes widened instantly as she opened the locker door. Her locker was a mess. It looked like someone had opened it and dumped the inside of a trashcan into her locker. There were scrunched papers inside and the wall was full of red markers. Some of her books were also scrunched on the sides.

"Ya what happened?" Jaebum quickly glanced at her when he saw Dahyun's surprised face. He scoffed in disbelief as he looked onto her messed up locker. "Who the hell did this?" he gritted his teeth. 

Dahyun bit her lower lip as she took out the scrunched papers inside her locker and crumpled those into a paperball. She sighed deeply when she took her notebooks out of it and tried to straighten the edges of her books.

"It happens again.." she mumbled under her breath. 

Dahyun had been experiencing alot of stuff like that lately and it was getting so much worst than she thought. She would find her books go missing and found them inside a trashcan the next morning. She had found her bag wet on the inside after she went to the cafteria on the breaktime. And she knew all of those things were done by a single person who hated her the most; Kim Seulgi. She was the famous queenka of the school who was overflowed with beauty and money but she was a rotten person deep down. Seulgi had been seeing her whenever Jaebum wasn't around and she liked to pick on her so much. She was so jealous at the fact that she was his sister and she was the only person at school whom he seemed to care so much. Dahyun wasn't even dare to tell Jaebum about it since she was so scared of her and all the things she did to her, Jaebum literally had no idea.

On the other hand, he was burning in anger that time. He was pissed. Who dared to do such things to his sister? He eyed the other students in the hallway coldly with his fists clenched. 

Dahyun snapped out of her thoughts and quickly noticed Jaebum's change of expression as she knew she was going to snap. She took a deep breath and forced a smile on her face.

"Thankfully my books are fine." she lied as she tried to sound lightened up. "Are you going to take me to class or not oppa?"  Dahyun asked as she closed her locker.

"But-"

"I'm gonna be late. Let's go." Dahyun cut his sentence off as she took his hand. 

Jaebum quickly softened as he felt the touch of Dahyun's hand on him. He sighed deeply as he glanced at her. "Ya I'm going to find the person who did this to you." he spoke sternly. "And that person will get what she or he deserves." Jaebum continued.

Dahyun pursed her lips as she felt her heart beating rapidly. There was no way she'll survive if Jaebum knew that Seulgi was the one who had been doing all those nasty things to her. 

"C-calm down oppa. I don't-"

"Jaebum-ah!~" suddenly a high pitched voice called from behind them and made them glanced back quickly. 

It was none other than Kim Seulgi. She had an 'innocent' smile plastered on her face as she looked towards Jaebum. Dahyun sighed deeply as she saw her approaching them. 

"Here we go again." she mumbled under her breath. 

"Oh Dahyun-ah annyeong!" Seulgi chirped happily as her gaze met hers. A slight smirk actually curved on her lips as she looked at her.

Dahyun was pretty much sick of her fakeness but she had to bear with it until who knew when. Seulgi was so popular and any other guys would stand in line to go with her. There was no chance of Dahyun winning against her. 

"I have two tickets of a musical on Saturday. Let's come together Jaebum-ah." Seulgi linked arm with him as she showed him her puppy eyes. 

Seulgi's eyes went towards Dahyun as they both exchanged a loaded glance.

Jaebum eyed her coldly as he shrugged her arm off him.

"I can't. Sorry." he said sternly and started walking away with Dahyun. 

"Y-ya Jaebum-ah-" Seulgi was left in the dust when Jaebum just literally ignored her and walk away with his sister. She scoffed in disbelief at what just happened to her. 

"You're going to be mine Im Jaebum. No matter what." 

--Flashback--