Nine

Take My Heart

--Flashback--

The next day was sports day. All students at school had to gather at the huge track field since there were going to be a lot of competitions such as running track, soccer, basketball and all the sporty stuff. Each class had to choose representatives for the competitions in a group and individually. Jaebum was chosen to be one of his class candidates for soccer since he was so good at it and everybody knew that as a fact. 

The students headed out of the classes immediately and went towards the field after the break time was over. Dahyun was the only one left inside her classroom since she was still trying to quickly finish her 20 pages assignment. She even skipped lunch just to do it. She had done her assignment a week ago but after the locker incident, she wasn't able to find her assignment that was originally inside her locker and Dahyun had just noticed that her paperworks were gone that morning. It meant she had to redo all of her works in 3 hours and made sure she handed those papers before the competitions started. 

"Aishhh! That girl is pure evil." Dahyun groaned in pure frustration. She had mixed feelings about Seulgi. She just didn't know what to do to make her stop. 

On the other hand, someone had been watching her from a far. The person had a smirk plastered on her lips as she quickly tiptoed towards Dahyun's locker.

'

'

Jinyoung jogged along the hallway as he quicken his pace. He was in Jaebum's team and he was pretty late considering his team had already gathered on the field and he just literally went out of the changing room. He actually wasn't in the main team but he was still needed to be there. 

Jinyoung stopped on his tracks when he saw a figure carefully opening her locker. The figure was somewhat suspicious since she was there alone in the hallway and was glancing around as she opened it up and stuffed something into her bag. Jinyeong walked approaching her as he immediately found out that she was none other than the famous queenka of the school. 

"Seulgi-ah!" he called out.

It made her instantly spun around and widened her eyes.

"Oh-! Jinyoung oppa!~" Seulgi stuttered a bit as she closed the locker behind her and walked towards him. 

"What are you doing here alone?" Jinyoung asked her as he looked around in confusion.

"Hmm I'm just.. I forgot to put my waterbottle here." she smiled trying to look cute as she patted her bag. Seulgi forced out a grin as in reality, her heart was beating rapidly. He nearly caught her. 

"Ah I see. Let's just go now. Everyone's there already." Jinyoung spoke as he walked away with her.

'

'

Dahyun huffed and puffed as she sprinted towards the teacher's lounge. She knocked on the office's door as a tall men came out. 

"Mr. Shin- he-here's my assignment." Dahyun spoke as she tried to catch her breath. She just literally sprinted to the 3rd floor as fast as she can. 

"Oh okay great. You should do your assignments earlier Dahyun-ssi. I've informed the students about this since probably a month ago and you should've prepared it better." Mr. Shin spoke in a dissapointed tone. Dahyun was one of the top students and it was pretty surprising for her to complete an assignment in that way. 

"I-I've done it a week ago but as I told you before someone broke-"

"And you shouldn't start making excuses. You're one of the best here. I don't want you to start taking things lightly." he cut off her sentence sternly. 

Dahyun sighed deeply as she forced herself to nod in reply. Ofcourse no one would believe if she said someone broke into her locker and stole her assignment. Especially if that someone was Kim Seulgi. But in reality it was all true.

"I apologize. I won't do that again next time." she bowed slightly towards Mr. Shin as she had her gaze down. 

"Okay. You should go now. The students are all gathered already." he spoke and turned around. 

Dahyun sighed deeply as she scoffed slightly. "This is unbelievable." she mumbled in frustration. 

The girl quickly went downstairs and approached her locker. The hallway was empty and Dahyun was there alone as she could hear the crowds cheering as a sign the competition had started. She pursed her lips into a thin line as she started to twist the combination lock and opened it up.

Her eyes widened immediately when she found out her gym clothes wasn't inside.

"H-huh?" Dahyun started to panic as she shuffled the inside of her locker. 

There was no chance of her forgetting about her gym clothes since she had always put them inside after bringing it home for a wash. Dahyun was sure she had put it inside and the last time she checked, she knew she had seen it inside. 

"No no no this isn't possible." she bit her lower lip as anxiety started to wash over her.

Dahyun was doomed if she didn't bring her gym clothes since the P.E teacher was known as the strictest teacher at school. Mr. Kim was known to have the students who didn't do what he said or didn't bring anything related to his class to run 5 laps in the huge basketball court. Her stomach churned as she heaved a deep sigh and started to walk towards the track field.

 

He scoffed at Dahyun as he spoke sternly. "You know you gotta find another good excuse. I've heard about that one a thousand times already." 

Dahyun pressed her lips into a thin line as she kept shut. She knew it was coming at her.

"You know the consequences. Hurry up." Mr. Kim said to her sternly. 

Dahyun sighed as she started to jog surrounding the court. It was located across the track field and it was an outdoor one. Just after a lap she already could feel her legs hurting and sweat started to form on her forehead. The sun was up high in the sky and Dahyun could felt the sting of it on her skin. The fact that she was running around with her school uniform didn't make things easier for her. Dahyun kept huffing and puffing as she tried to keep up her pace since Mr. Kim was watching her from afar. 

Suddenly she remembered something and her eyes widened immediately. "Could it be..?" 

Dahyun recalled she actually left her locker unlatched back after she tried to find her assignment. She was too panic when she found out that it was missing and the fact that she had to redo it. Now in that case, Seulgi was the only one who would do such things to her. She might be the one who stole her gym clothes after seeing Dahyun's unlocked locker. 

Dahyun felt throbbing pain all over her body after she had ran 5 laps. She walked inside the hallway as she tried to catch her breath. She was red cheeked and dripping in sweat. Her stomach suddenly swirled as she felt nauseous. Her vision started to get blurry and Dahyun was starting to stumble down the hall. She felt weak and disoriented as her face became pale. Dahyun suddenly remembered she hadn't had her lunch yet.

"Dahyun?" a familliar voice called out. 

She looked up as she tried to clear her blurry vision. "J-jinyoung oppa?" 

Jinyoung had ran back towards his locker during his team's game to pick up his drink when suddenly he saw Dahyun about to collapse. Luckily it wasn't his turn to play and he was instead there. 

"Y-ya Dahyun-ah!" Jinyoung panicly approached the girl who suddenly fell onto his arms unconsciously. He scooped up Dahyun and immediately carried her into the nursery room.