One

Take My Heart

"Morning." Jaebum gretted as the boy walked towards the dining table. He was already wearing his school uniform. 

"Good morning oppa." he earned a reply from the younger girl sitting next to his mother. She was smiling widely while chewing on her finger sandwhich cutely. 

It brought a smile to Jaebum's lips when he saw Dahyun's smile. 

"Here, have some sandwhiches." Dahyun handed some of the food and put it on his plate. 

"Mm thanks." he replied with a slight smile. 

"Jaebum-ah, do you have any courses after school?" suddenly their mother asked. 

He shook his head in reply. 

"That's great. You can visit appa in his office later. He wants to see you." she said.

Jaebum's eyes immediately fell to Dahyun. 

"Since Dahyun has courses after school she can't go with you." their mother continued as she stood up from her seat. 

The younger girl nodded as she pouted. 

"Okay." Jaebum replied as he sighed slightly. So that meant he wasn't going to be able to go home with Dahyun and made sure she wasn't being picked on by the playboy at school. 

Everyone knew Jaebum was always protecting Dahyun. He was the most popular guy at school and every guy despised him because of his popularity among girls. Yet he was always cold towards the other girls except for Dahyun. They all thought it was because of she was his younger sister but it was actually because he loved her.

Meanwhile Dahyun was decorated with perfect features and she was a really sweet girl. It made her got picked on a few times by the kingkas especially the ones who despised her brother. And one guy in particular whom she had to get away from was Kim Taehyung. He was with the BTS boys, a popular gang in the school. He had been flirting with Dahyun and got into fights with Jaebum because of it. 

"You guys should get going now. It's 10 minutes before school starts." their mother suddenly said. 

"Mm." Jaebum nodded and stood up.

"I'm going now omma!" Dahyun bid goodbye as she waved to her mother in excitement. 

The two sibling walked into the car and it drove away within a minute. Dahyun was actually an orphan since her parents died when she was 10 in a car accident. Since the Ims were close to her parents, they decided to take care of Dahyun and they made Jaebum and Dahyun siblings. Even though she was adopted at a young age, it was actually fast for her to adapt to her new family. They took care of Dahyun lovingly. Especially for Jaebum, it made him changed his personality to 180 degrees. 

The car stopped infront of the school and they both got out of the vehicle. 

"Ya, don't forget to eat lunch with me." Jaebum suddenly said as he looked at the girl next to him. It was an ordinary thing for them to be seen together around in school. Jaebum was enjoying the 'quality time' they had eversince she entered high school.

"Mm." Dahyun grinned. "See you later oppa!" she waved as she ran towards her friend who was already waiting for her infront of her locker. 

Jaebum smiled as he looked at the cheerful figure. She was perfect. 

"Hey man." suddenly someone nudged Jaebum as he turned to look at the person. "Quit starring at her like that. She might notice your real feelings." he said to him. 

"Tsk. Yeah whatever. Sooner or later I'm going to confess either." Jaebum replied to Jinyeong. "Let's go."

Jinyeong was the only person who knew about his feelings towards Dahyun. At first Jaebum was denying his suspicion but then it grew more visible and immediately Jinyeong knew something was totally up. 

'

'

"Dahyun-ah can you help me with this?" her friend scooted next to her as she showed her her notes. The teacher was absent and she was in charge of helping the other students.

"Mm sure." she smiled. "Ah- this you should just divide it." Dahyun explained. She was a clever girl and she was good at maths. 

"Ahh got it!" her friend exclaimed. "Gumawo Dahyun-ah!~"

She grinned in reply as she continued scribbling things on her book. Suddenly the class door opened and a shadow hovered above her and made her look up.

"Dahyun-ah can you help me?" a deep voice boomed. The whole class starred onto her direction in a second. 

Dahyun sighed in disbelief. "Kim Taehyung you're not supposed to be in this class." she said to the guy. He was smirking and totally up on something. And plus, he wasn't alone and he was with his friend Park Jimin.

"I couldn't find any people at my class that can help me with this." Taehyung fakely pouted and showed her his notebook.

"Oh come on, please." she sighed. "I'm telling you, you should go now." Dahyun said. It was an ordinary excuse Taehyung made just to see her and she was sick of it. He kept on bugging her and flirting with her. 

Taehyung was pissed now. "I just want you to explain this to me." he slammed on Dahyun's table hardly and made her wince.

"Hey man don't go too far." Jimin who was taken aback said. 

A smirk appeared on Taehyun's lips as he saw her scared facial expression. 

"Don't be scared little kitty. I was just kidding." he leaned into her face as he whispered. Dahyun's heart was beating extremely fast.

The students in the class were dead silent as they watched the scene. No one dared to talk to Taehyung since everyone knew if they got into a fight with one of the BTS boys, the were going to end up in a freaking hospital. 

The bell suddenly rang signaling it was break time and it made Taehyung and Jimin left the class. "See you later Dahyun-ah." Taehyung raised his brows. 

Dahyun frozed as she tried to recall what just happened 2 minutes ago. Did Taehyung just called her little kitty?

The students ran out of the class and immediately went to the cafeteria. Dahyun snapped out of her thoughts as she quickly got up and got out of the class. She headed towards Jaebum's class when suddenly someone patted her shoulder. Dahyun turned around only to find her brother was there.

"A-ah oppa!" Dahyun exclaimed. "Let's go to the cafeteria." she stuttered. 

"Why were you so surprised?" Jaebum looked at her in confusion as he giggled. "Okay come on." 

The cafteria building was packed with students queuing up for food. Jaebum and Dahyun were sitting across each other while eating their lunch. 

Jaebum noticed something was off since Dahyun was always talking while they're eating but now she wasn't. "Ya tell me what happened." he said looking at her.

"H-huh? Tell you what?" she looked back. 

"Come on I know something's up." the older brother said. 

"Nothing happened." Dahyun replied covering the thing that just happened. She knew Jaebum would go nuts if he found out about Taehyung. 

"Ya I'm serious." Jaebum said. Now looking sternly at her. 

"I am serious too." Dahyun looked at him trying to act like everything was fine. She continued to eat her lunch when suddenly Jaebum scoffed.

"Is it that brat again?"

Dahyun instantly looked up at him. "H-huh? Ofcourse not." she stuttered.

"Yeah right. What did that bastard do this time?" he stopped eating and looked at Dahyun in seriousness. 

"Oppa-"

"Don't cover things up for him." Jaebum scoffed. 

"I-i didn't mean to cover things up for him. I just dont want you to get into a fight with him." Dahyun spoke. She knew his brother would snap if he knew that Taehyung was in her class.

"You already know that will happen if he get in contact with you." he replied. 

"Oppa please I swear he was just.. he got into my class." Dahyun sighed. Jaebum scoffed as he suddenly stood up. "Please- just don't do it this time. I'm begging you." she stood up trying to stop his anger to wash over him. He'd go nuts when he reached that point. 

Dahyun held his hand as Jaebum's heart suddenly softened abit. "Please.." she begged.

The guy gritted his teeth and scoffed. "Fine. But I swear this is the last time. I'm going to kill that bastard the next time he tries to even get near you." 

"Mm." Dahyun nodded trying to assure Jaebum.

Jaebum's knuckles turned into bone white as he swore he was going to punch Taehyung. "He's dead." he mumbled.