Three

Take My Heart

It was pouring rain and the clock was still ticking. The hallways were empty, classes were dismissed and Dahyun was alone. She inhaled deeply as she rocked back and forth on her shoes. She had no choice than to run in the rain then find an umbrella or better yet, a cellphone to call his brother. 

"Alright.. here goes nothing." Dahyun muttered under her breath as she stepped out of the hallway. She was about to sprint as fast as she can when suddenly something hovered above her head and she felt no water pouring on her. She stopped on her track abruptly and immediately glanced toward her right side.

There Taehyung was. Holding an umbrella over them with a smile on his lips. 

"H-huh?" Dahyun's eyes widened slightly as she looked at the guy infront of her. That was unexpected. "How come you're still-"

"Lucky you I'm still here. It's almost 6 pm already." he spoke as he pretended to check on his watch. "Do you want to go home or what? My car's waiting over there." he said as he started to walk. 

Dahyun who was still in surprise snapped out of her thoughts as she followed the boy. "S-sorry but can I just borrow your phone? I can ask my brother to pick me up." she spoke. 

Taehyung scoffed as he let out a chuckle. "No." he said sternly. 

Dahyun bit her lip as she exhaled deeply. He was being nice though. It was a little bit strange why Taehyung was still in school at 6 pm since Dahyun was pretty sure he had came home earlier because he had no extra courses. And the fact that Taehyung was about to drive her home and not picking on her made her feel a little bit suspicious. 

A sedan was waiting on the parking lot and they went inside the vehicle and it drove away.

"You know you should feel proud. The hottest guy in school's driving you home." Taehyung said with a smirk on his face. "But don't tell anyone. They're gonna be so jealous." he said in satisfaction. 

Dahyun scoffed in disbelief at what she just heard from him. "You're so over confident." she muttered quitely. 

"What did you say?" Taehyung asked as he glanced at her. He heard her for sure.

"N-nothing." she replied and looked out of the window. Dahyun felt the uneasiness rising up as she started to think the chances of Jaebum knowing that THE Kim Taehyung literally drove her home. She wasn't sure why she had to feel that way since Taehyung wasn't doing anything bad and infact was helping her.

On the other hand, Taehyung was looking at the girl beside him while smirking. He finally succeeded on one thing atleast. Im Dahyun was inside his car and sitting right next to him. That was an accomplishment. Taehyung was known as the ultimate playboy at school and he's been chasing after Dahyun for probably a year. He dumped girls after a week or so usually but this time he didn't know why he was feeling like he just had to have Dahyun. It may be because of the thing going on between him and Jaebum and that he wanted to take revenge on him by dumping Dahyun.

The vehicle finally stopped infront of a pretty big house on the neighborhood. "So this is where you live."  Taehyung glanced at the building as he smirked. 

Dahyun just nodded in reply since she didn't know what to react to what he just said. "Thankyou for driving me home Kim Taehyung-ssi." she spoke as she bowed slightly. She was about to step out of the car when Taehyung grabbed her arm and made her sat back. 

"Ya do you think I drove you home just for that?" he looked at Dahyun. He slipped out his phone from his pocket and swiped his finger across the screen then handed it to her.

"H-huh?" 

"Go type your number there. You owe me something." Taehyung replied as he smirked. 

Dahyun sighed in disbelief as she pressed her lips into a thin line. She knew something was strange and he was planning on doing something to her. There was no way Kim Taehyung do things without asking something in return. Dahyun pressed her fingers onto the screen as she typed on her number. "Here." she handed it back to him. 

Taehyung smiled in satisfaction as he saved her number. "Great. Now you can go." he gestured her.

Dahyun sighed and walked out of the car. "Thanks." she said once again. 

"Oh wait." Taehyung suddenly said. "I think this is yours." he smirked as he handed out what seemed to be an umbrella.

 

And it wasn't just a random umbrella.

 

It was her umbrella. 

 

Dahyun's eyes widened as she took it from him. "Wait that's-"

"You should always lock your locker next time." Taehyung smirked widely as he wiggled his eyebrows and drove away. 

Dahyun scoffed in disbelief as she remembered something. That time when Minji said that she had to submit her assignment and she had to hurrily run upstairs, her locker was open and she hadn't locked it before she went to submit the paper. 

"Aishhhhhh!" Dahyun whined as she stomped on her feet. "This is unbelievable." she sighed deeply.

That's why her umbrella was missing. She was sure she didn't take it out or anything and it turned out Taehyung actually stole it from her opened locker. That guy actually took advantage on her by stealing her umbrella then acted like he was there luckily and drove her home. It was all a trap and he only wanted to know her house and her phone number. She was being fooled by him and her instict was right. It was strange of Taehyung beind all nice to her. Now she had to deal with the chances of Taehyung blowing up her phone everyday.

"I'm home~" Dahyun spoke as she entered the house.

"Oh- Dahyun-ah!" a voice called out. 

She looked towards the living room and found her mother sitting on the couch, reading some magazines. 

"Omma." she smiled and approached her. "Is Jaebum oppa and appa home?" she asked.

"Not yet." her mother replied. "Your father wanted to see him after school. But he hasn't came back yet." she continued. 

"Ah.. I see. Well I'm just going to-"

Suddenly the front door opened as a boy walked in. "I'm back." he said sternly as he closed the door with a bang. 

"-Oh there he is." their mother said as both of them turned to look at the boy. "Jaebum-ah where's appa? I thought you're coming home with him." 

"He's still in the office." he replied back coldly as he walked towards the stairs. 

"What's wrong with him?" their mother mumbled as both of their eyes followed his movement. She signaled Dahyun to talk to him since she noticed something was up with him and the girl immediately approached her older brother. 

"Oppa wait up!" Dahyun exclaimed as she scooted next to Jaebum. "Are you okay?" she asked softly. 

Jaebum glanced at her slightly. "Mm." he nodded.

Dahyun looked at him as she sighed. "Come on spill the beans." she nudged him. 

"I'm fine." he replied sternly. 

"Oh come on. Just tell-" 

"I said I'm fine!" Jaebum suddenly raised his voice and made Dahyun flinched in surprise. 

"I-i'm sorry.." she startled as she looked down, trying to avoid any eye contact with him. "I was just trying to-"

"I need some time alone." he spoke as he quickly went inside his bedroom, leaving Dahyun standing there. 

Jaebum closed the door behind him and leaned against it. He sighed in frustration as he looked towards a photo on the desk beside his bed. It was a picture of Dahyun and him when they first met. She was smiling brightly next to him as they held hands innocently.