Eleven

Take My Heart

--Flashback--

Dahyun headed down the hallway as she starred down blankly. A bigger part of her was sure it was Seulgi who had broke into her locker and took her papers and gym clothes but at the same time Dahyun didn't have proof even though she had been picking on her ever since. Seulgi was so mean to her and Dahyun was fed up. Dahyun felt like confronting her just because she was tired of her game and wanted everything to stop. It started small but then it grew bigger and bigger until yesterday Seulgi was really crossing the line. 

She looked up as she walked towards her locker when suddenly her eyes caught a familiar figure. There she was. Looking perfect with her perfect facial features, slim figure yet a rotten personality. Seulgi was flirting with the other boys as she was passing by them. Dahyun let out a bitter scoff as she turned around, wanting to avoid her at all. 

But suddenly she stopped on her tracks when she realized; it was her chance. That was her chance to talk to her. Dahyun knew if she did that Seulgi would came up with something worse than what she had been doing to her but she had no other choice. Dahyun had to step up for herself for once.

She turned around as she took a deep breath. Dahyun clenched her sweaty palms as anxiety washed over her. Her heart started to beat rapidly and she felt her stomach churned as she stepped forward approaching her. 

"Kim Seulgi." Dahyun called out softly. 

That's it. 

There was no turning back.

The ulzzang like girl turned her head towards Dahyun as a mocking scoff escaped her lips when she faced her. 

"Oh look it's Dahyunnie!~" Seulgi said in a high pitched tone, acting as if she was excited to see her. 

Dahyun was definitely annoyed at her fakeness but she tried to brush it off and went straight to the topic. 

"Please stop." Dahyun said, her voice was stern as she didn't take her eyes off Seulgi. She seemed brave and cold but she was actually really scared inside and was tring to hold on for dear life. 

"Hmm?" Seulgi let out a scoff as she slightly chuckled. "Stop what?" she asked as she put off a confused expression.

Dahyun sighed deeply at her response. "Stop bugging me. Stop screwing up my stuff. Please just.. just leave me alone." she looked up at Seulgi weakly. 

Seulgi had a smirk plastered on her lips the entire time and she finally spoke up.

"I don't know what you're talking about." she replied nonchalantly. 

Dahyun breathed out as her gaze went down. "Do you really need me to remind you what you did?" she questioned.

Seulgi stood infront of her as she crossed her arms. "Remind me of what? I didn't do anything." she said as she tilted her head. Seulgi actually knew what she was talking about from the beginning but she was just playing her.

Dahyun eyed her in disbelief. "Do you remember dumping trash into my locker, stealing my books and throwing away my assignments?" she spoke. "And my gym-"

"Mm." Seulgi tapped her chin with her finger as she smirked. "I do." she replied and let out a chuckle. 

"Just.. why?" Dahyun looked at her. She wasn't sure how long she could bear with her. "Why are you doing this to me?" 

Seulgi let out a bitter laugh as she smirked at the girl infront of her. "Because you're on my way." 

Dahyun frowned in confusion as she looked at her. "What?" 

"Tch." the girl scoffed. "Do you really want me to stop?" she asked.

Dahyun just stood there on her spot as she didn't know what she's talking about. 

"Get out of my way. Stay away from him. Move the hell out of this school. Make your brother love me and make him hate you in return." Seulgi said as a smirk grew on her lips. "It's that simple." 

Dahyun stiffened in disbelief as she looked down blankly.

All the things she had done to her, it was because of Jaebum. 

"Until then, I'm sorry but I can't let you live peacefully." she spoke. "Oh and your gym clothes? I threw it to the dumpster. It's probably gone now." Seulgi chuckled slightly.

Dahyun bit her bottom lip as she wasn't even able to react to what she just stated.

So it's true.

She did it. 

"And your assignments too. I did it so that you won't be able to watch him play." Seulgi added while smirking. 

Dahyun just stiffened with her gaze lowered to the ground. She was so frustrated and before she knew it tears started to well up in the corner of her eyes.

"I didn't know you were so rotten inside." suddenly a voice boomed behind them as they instantly turned around. 

"J-jinyoung oppa?" Seulgi suddenly clasped as she backed off a step. 

She was pretty much busted.

Dahyun froze there as her eyes widened slightly. She didn't even know what to speak or what to react. It could mean good that someone actually knew the popular, pretty, ulzzang-like Kim Seulgi was bullying the heck out of her but on the other side, it'd be extremely dangerous when Jaebum knew it and even worse, Seulgi's going to step up on her game. 

Jinyoung had actually been eavesdropping ever since they started talking. He was heading towards his class when he saw them and decided to find out more. He was actually burning in anger. How can someone be so mean towards Dahyun? It wasn't like he was in love with her but he felt like it was his duty to protect his friend's sister.

"I thought you were a really good person." Jinyoung scoffed as he stepped next to Dahyun protectively with his hands inside his pockets. "I didn't know you were that low just because you really like Jaebum." he continued sternly as he was actually stepping forward towards her.  

Seulgi had her eyes widened as she tried to regain her composure. "Jinyoung oppa I-i just-" 

"You should be ashamed of yourself." Jinyoung cut her off as he spoke coldly. 

Seulgi was speechless. She had her gaze on the ground and she felt extremely embarassed. When jinyoung found out, there's a big chance for Jaebum to likely know about it too. 

Jinyoung scoffed as he eyed her from head to toe as he suddenly grabbed Dahyun's wrist and walked away, leaving Seulgi standing there alone.

"You're so dead Im Dahyun." Seulgi scoffed as her wrists clenched. "Just wait for it." she muttered under her breath. 

'

'

The school's rooftop was in fact a beautiful place. It exposed Seoul's beautiful landscape and it was a nice quick getaway for students who wanted an alone time.

Jinyoung sat on the edge of the bench which was facing the landscape as he sighed deeply. Dahyun was actually sitting next to him with shut. She was still shocked by Jinyoung's sudden appearance and what she had just been through a while ago.

The awkward atmosphere quickly became thick as none of them speak. Dahyun had her gaze blank towards the view and Jinyoung immediately glanced at the girl next to her. 

"Ya." he started. 

"Mm?" she quickly snapped out of her thoughts as she looked at Jinyoung weakly. 

"Why didn't you tell anyone that she's been doing all that stuff to you?" he asked sternly. His voice was showing on how frustrated he actually was. "I bet Jaebum doesn't even know about this at all right?" Jinyoung continued as he eyed her. 

Dahyun just bit her lower lip as she kept silent. 

"Why did you keep it by yourself all this time?" Jinyoung scoffed as his voice raised. Frustrated by her silence, he stood up. "You know what I'm going to talk to him now."

Jinyoung was about to walk away when Dahyun grabbed his arm abruptly.

"N-no don't!" she stuttered as she stopped him. 

Jinyoung looked at her as he let out a sigh. "Tell me everything." he spoke and sat back. Jinyoung knew it was actually a signal that something bad would happen if Jaebum knew. 

"I just don't want him to know." Dahyun said as she sighed.

"What? Why?" Jinyoung looked at her. "He's your own brother. And he'd definitely do something about it if he knew you've been suffering because of her." he continued. 

Jinyoung actually knew for a fact that Jaebum would go nuts if he knew about it since he actually had real feelings towards her sister since he's one protective guy who wouldn't even let a mosquito on Dahyun's blood.

"It's just.. I'm afraid on what she'll do next if I tell anyone about it. Especially if Jaebum oppa knows." she began. "And I thought things would've gone worse if I tell Jaebum oppa." Dahyun's voice weakened.

A scoff escaped Jinyoung's lips as he looked at her. Dahyun was pretty much being too nice to her. He knew Jaebum would find a way to get rid of her and by the 'way' meant that he'd get rid of her and likely humiliate her. But Seulgi actually deserved all of that considering the things she had been doing to Dahyun. 

"If you had told your brother or me all this time, we could've protected you." Jinyoung started. His voice sounded disappointed. He was actually frustrated by the fact that he couldn't protect Dahyun from things like that."Jaebum hyung will eventually know though." he continued.

Dahyun breathed in deeply and nodded. "I know that."

"And Seulgi's going to pay for everything she had done to you." Jinyoung muttered as he straightened up. 

Just before the awkward atmosphere started to form, Dahyun managed to speak up.

"By the way, thankyou for carrying me to the nursery room that day oppa." she let out a warm smile at him. 

"Mm." Jinyoung nodded and smiled. "You should be careful next time Dahyun-ah." he spoke as he ruffled her hair. "Jaebum hyung wouldn't want something like that happen to you again." Jinyoung said to himself.