II

Mr. Possessive
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The hallways were empty this morning. Employees don’t get to work at least half an hour before their usual working hours. Yoona was the only one present at the company, besides the cleaners she met while making her way to the elevator. She was still rearranging the things in her office just so she could have inner peace of a tidy work station. She glanced at the clock on the wall. 

8:30AM.

She figured it was a good time to enter Taecyeon’s office and prepare his morning tea. Grabbing her clipboard and pen with her, she made her way down the hall and pushed one door open. The coffee table had packets of tea neatly stacked in a row and two small tea cups and plates beside it. It was quite odd for her to know that he wasn’t a coffee person. Normally, people depended on their cups of coffee in the morning. Perhaps he was different.

Looking around the room, she got up and paced forward over to the glass windows while waiting for the ceramic tea pot to boil. The height where she was standing at almost made her giddy. A clear view of the city landscape right before her eyes. She went back on making the tea at the sound of the whistling pot. 

8:45AM.

The tea cup was placed on a small white plate and she brought it over to his desk. There wasn’t much stuff on his table besides a few folders, pens, a desk lamp, the telephone, and his name plate at the corner. Her work was done here so she turned around ready to leave. 

“Good morning Miss Im.”

She was almost close from letting out a high-pitched scream of surprise. Her boss was standing metres away from her, all dressed up in his navy blue suit and tie. 

“Oh my god,” she placed a hand over her chest, holding back her gasp. She caught him smiling at her to his amusement. 

“Did I frighten you?”

“No, no,” she shook her head vigorously. “My apologies Mr. Ok for checking around your desk. I was about to leave.” 

“No worries Miss Im.” Taecyeon walked to his desk and dropped his briefcase on the surface. “I could tell you were just curious.”

Yoona bit her lip, clasping onto her clipboard. Great. It was her first day and she assumed he was thinking if she was someone who invaded privacy.

“I would like to know about my schedule for this morning please.”

“Yes,” she read out the list on her sheet. “You have a meeting in the conference room at 10, and the global marketing sector have brought up their proposals which you have asked for. That’s all Mr. Ok. Is there anything else you’d like me to add?”

They shared another long gaze. He was the first one to break away by clearing his throat. 

“No thank you Miss Im. You may leave,” he gestured at the door before pulling his phone out to make a call. 

“Yes sir.”

Yoona marched out of the room, letting out a breath. She found Jessica in her office searching for something. “Are you looking for anything?”

“Oh hey! I was just looking for a couple of documents to review. Did you just come back from his office?”

“Yeah he just wanted to know his schedule.”

“Okay I better get going. I’ll see you later for lunch?”

“Sure!” 


Yoona strolled around the lobby to look for the company’s restaurant. Jessica texted her to meet her there for lunch. She found the place and was ushered by the waiter at the front. 

“Sorry for keeping you waiting, I did a follow-up on Mr. Ok’s appointments.” 

“No worries, I just got here as well. Call him Taecyeon when it’s just us. I might confuse him with his dad.”

They shared a laugh before moving on to their orders. Their server took their orders and cut their waiting time short by chatting. 

“Hello ladies.”

They turned to the man who approached their table. He was handsome as well who had the looks of a foreigner rather than a local. “Mind if I join you for today?”

“Go ahead Khun,” Jessica smirked. “Yoona, this is Nichkhun. Nichkhun meet Yoona, also known as Taecyeon’s new assistant.” 

“Oh is it?” Nichkhun offered his hand. “It’s a pleasure to meet you Yoona. I’m Nichkhun Horvejkul, a shareholder and head of the financial department.” 

“It’s nice to meet you too Mr. Horvejkul. Are you from here?”

“Please call me Nichkhun, and no I was born in Thailand. I came to Korea a few years after elementary school.” 

“Khun here is also the CEO’s best friend. So if you want to know more about the boss, you can ask him.” 

“I guess that would be helpful.” Yoona said smiling. 

“Well I’m glad now that I have met such a beautiful woman. Right Jess?” Nichkhun winked at Yoona’s direction.

Jessica rolled her eyes in response. “Oh please Khun, make the girl feel welcome first before seizing the chance to flirt would you?” 

“Wouldn’t hurt to try t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter