VIII

Mr. Possessive
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There was nothing better to start the day with a cup of a coffee to get her up and running for work. Yoona held the hot beverage in one hand while she strolled her way down the hall and turned to a corner where her office was at. She let out a yawn and placed her purse on the desk, switching the desktop on.

She reviewed her boss’s important files, answered phone calls and then transfering them to Taecyeon’s line, as well as replying to several emails for him. She didn’t see her boss yet, which was pretty weird since he would always stop by her office before lunch.

“Hey Yoona!” she lifted her head as she spotted Nichkhun’s figure standing by the door. “Are you almost done? We should get lunch together. You know, just to make up for bailing on you last Friday.”

“Oh right,” she smiled. “It’s totally fine Nichkhun, I understand that duty calls sometimes. But okay sure! Let me just get my purse.”

Nichkhun and Yoona walked down the hall together, catching up with each other on what they did during the weekend. He took her to a nearby sushi place which, according to himself, served the best sushi in town. They shortly took their orders and got themselves two hot cups of green tea.

“So how’s it going so far? Is it getting busy as Taecyeon’s assistant?”

Yoona let out a long sigh. “Well, it’s…manageable for me I guess?”

He chuckled at her response. “Wow, it’s that much work huh?”

“Tell me about it.”

Nichkhun crossed his arms on the table as he leaned forward. “You’re really beautiful Yoona,” he mumbled. 

“Um,” she tucked a strand of hair behind her ear shyly. “Thanks Nichkhun, I’m still getting used to such compliments.”

“Please Yoona, start calling me Khun,” he winked. “So, do you have a boyfriend or any special someone?”

“No I don’t. I just want to focus on my job right now.”

“I see,” he nodded. “But I still think it’s my lucky day,” Nichkhun didn’t even hide the smile on his face as he watched Yoona’s cheeks blush red.

“And why is it your lucky day?”

“Well,” he shrugged his shoulders, acting clueless. “I might take you out on dates more often, just to see if I’m lucky enough to become your special someone.”

Yoona was quite surprised by how subtle and cheeky Nichkhun was. She didn’t know what to feel about him taking her out on dates which would eventually lead to something beyond the friend status.

Should she give him a chance?

 

Yoona was back in her office, only to find a stack of folders sealed and arranged for her to deliver to her boss. She placed them into a box to make it easier for her to carry them. She marched down the hall and knocked on the door before entering the office.

“Mr. Ok?” she called out, seeing him standing by tall glass windows that had the full view of the city landscape. “These documents are awaiting your approval.”

Taecyeon stood still for a few seconds before turning around to look at his assistant. She was confused when she noticed that he had a noticeable frown on his face. Was he upset about something? Did she disturb him?

“Who were you out with during lunch?” he demanded all of a sudden.

She was caught off-guard by the tone in his voice, but she answered promptly, “I was with Nichkhun.”

“What were you doing with him?”

“Um…” she blinked, clearing . “We just ate during lunch that’s all.”

“Are you sure?” he took a few steps forward. “Because I’m thinking you just had a lunch date with him.”

“Excuse me?” Yoona was just simply confused by his random accusations. “What are you talking about Mr. Ok?”

Taecyeon looked like he was about to curse a few words from his mouth, but he tried to keep his cool. “Why are you going out with him Yoona?”

“Because he asked me to Taecyeon,” she replied, placing the stack of folders on his desk. “If you have no further questions, I believe I’m done here Mr. Ok,” she reminded, bowing her head a little.

She felt a hand on her arm and pulled her back in surprise. She looked up to see Taecyeon’s face inches away from hers. For a full minute, she was stunned at how handsome he looked up close. But she got rid of the image as soon as he scowled at her. “Don’t go out with Nichkhun,” he stated in a low but deep voice.

Yoona shook off his hand from her arm. “What’s your problem Taecyeon? You can’t just tell me what to do! It’s my choice whether or not I go out with him.”

“You have no reason to!” he snapped. “He’s just a waste of your time.”

She connected the dots in her head and came to one idea of why he was fuming. “Are you jealous Mr. Ok?”

“I’m not,” he denied. “I’m just saying that you shouldn’t go out with him Yoona. You’re my assistant so you have to follow my orders.”

“That’s very shallow of you Taec, because I recall that I don’t belong to you,” she retorted. “I have no business with you Mr. Ok. I’m just your assistant at work, not my personal life,” she made her sentence crystal clear before walking out of his office.

Taec

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter