VII

Mr. Possessive
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Finally found your office!” 

Yoona looked up from her computer to find Nichkhun leaning against the door with a smile on his face. “Nichkhun!” she closed the tab on the screen for a moment, gesturing him to sit down on the chair next to her desk. “I didn’t expect you here.”

He laid back against the armchair comfortably. “I asked Jessica where your office was. You know, just wanted say hi,” he waved his hand. “Were you alright after Taec took you home last weekend?”

She suddenly felt herself blushing at the reminder. It had been a while since that night happened. “Yes!” she answered rather quickly. “I was fine, thank you.”

“Good. He was right though, I was pretty drunk already and I’m glad Taec took you home back safe and sound.” 

“Oh yeah,” she nodded though she knew she didn’t actually go back to her apartment. “I had a good night’s sleep,” she bit her lip when she remembered Taecyeon sleeping right next to her when she woke up. “How’s your day so far?” It was safe to steer the topic away now that she was getting distracted.

“Not too bad,” he shrugged. “It’s been busy with all the promotions and stuff. Good thing we’re halfway through the week.”

“Me too. I kept reviewing like a hundred files since Monday.” 

Nichkhun placed his arm on the edge of the desk. “Must be tough huh?” 

Yoona stood up from her swivel chair, putting away another file into the drawer. “It’s okay. I’m still up and running.”

“So uh,” he shifted his position, sitting up straighter. “I was wondering if you’re free this Friday? Maybe we could go get dinner.”

“Oh,” she paused, blinking at his statement. “This Friday night?”

“Yes.”

“Hm,” she twirled a pen in her hand then checking the planner to see her schedule. “Sure, I’ll think about it and get back to you soon enough.” 

Nichkhun closed his hand into a fist, grinning from ear to ear. “Alright then! I should get back to work and leave you in peace Miss Im,” he did a proper bow before turning back to the door.

Yoona shook her head at his silly gesture. “See you later Nichkhun!” 


Taecyeon walked down the hallway, pausing when he heard Jessica and Yoona’s voices by her office. His ears perked up at the mention of someone going on a date. Who exactly was that?

Jessica held the clipboard against her chest. “Girl, you should have fun with Khun! I know that he’s a good guy to go out with.”

Nichkhun? What were they talking about? Taecyeon leaned back against the wall as he waited for their conversation to continue. 

Yoona sighed. “I don’t know, I have a lot to catch up on this weekend. I’m actually planning to spend some time with the girls.”

“Oh really? So you’re going to turn down Nichkhun’s offer?”

“Not yet since I’m still thinking about it.”

Taecyeon furrowed his brows, his jaw clenching at the thought of his best friend going out with the girl who was special to him. He continued to march down the hallway in silence. His appetite was eventually lost when he pictured Yoona having a good time with Nichkhun. He couldn’t let this happen, he had to think of something. 


Friday came as sooner as she thought and Yoona tidied up her desk before preparing to leave in fifteen minutes. She jumped at the sound of someone knocking on her door. 

“Oh hey Nichkhun! What’s up?”

“Yoona! I’m really sorry but I can’t have dinner with you tonight,” Nichkhun said with disappointment in his voice. “There’s a meeting I have to attend to and we’re probably going to have to take quite some time discussing our project.” 

She was disappointed too because she was actually looking forward to having dinner with him. “That’s unfortunate timing. But it’s okay Nichkhun maybe we can go next time. Okay?”

He nodded. “Yeah sure! Anyway I gotta go, I’ll see you soon and have a good weekend!”

“You too!” 

Yoona answered the incoming call as she brought the phone to her ear. “Mr. Ok’s office, how may I help you?”

“Come into my office Miss Im,” her boss ordered.

She rose one of her eyebrows. “Yes sir…” her voice trailed off before ending the call and made her way to her boss’s office. 

Yoona noticed Taecyeon sitting on the leathered couch by the long coffee table. He was arranging documents on his lap, his brows furrowed appearing frustrated with the task he’s doing. He lifted his gaze up, seeing his assistant stand near the door timidly. “Finally you’re here,” he exhaled. 

“Is there something wrong sir?” 

“Yes, I need to you to arrange these files for me according to date,” he pointed at the stack on the table. “It’s due by Monday morning and I want it done by tonight.” 

Yoona didn’t like the idea of spending her Friday night sorting out papers. She was looking forward to spending a good amount of time on a book she wanted to read. Maybe she could conv

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter