Day 11 to 20

My 100 Days With You

Day 11

Jong Kook oppa decided to take a day off so he can keep an eye on me twenty-four hours. I guess after the argument with Kai, he was concerned about my physical condition and worried if his little brother came back just to get even with me. As an outsider, I felt guilty for causing the tension between the brothers, especially when Kai didn't return home last night once he left the apartment. But Jong Kook oppa told me not to worry about his dear brother as it wasn't the first time that 'the kid' went missing for days. Still, I'm worried if Kai refused to come home as long as I'm here and that will lead to a cold war between the brothers. God.. what have I done to this family? What can I do to bring them back together? I wish I have all the answers.

 

Then later in the afternoon, Jong Kook oppa took me for a quick medical check up although it wasn't my time yet to 'visit' the hospital. Since I came with him, all of my expenses were put under his account. I was contemplating to accept his kindness since he has done more than he should just to help me as a friend, but he insisted by saying that it was part of his duty as my new 'employer'. I felt like crying when he said that. While everybody else shutting their door on me, Jong Kook came and saved me from falling. He truly is my saviour. He gave me a reason to survive. I was so glad that throughout the process, Jong Kook was always there for me. Sometimes I was confused if he came as my doctor or a friend, but one thing for sure - I like to have him around.

 

Day 13

Again I was left alone in the apartment. Because Jong Kook oppa took a day off previously, he had to work double shifts for today. That means he won't be home till tomorrow. I felt lonely - which is weird to me. I have been living all by myself for the last 23 years, but now I couldn't stand a minute without someone to talk to. Though every four hours Jong Kook oppa would ring the house phone to check on me, we couldn't talk much as he was always on call to attend to another patients. What a busy life he has. No wonder he was still single at his age (wait a minute.. what am I saying? Stop it, Ji Hyo!).

 

I spent most of my time rolling on the bed as I was easily tired after I did a bit of cleaning up, then took my medicine just as prescribed by my doctor - the sweet Kim Jong Kook. But suddenly my mind flashed back to my first meeting with Kai, and now I found myself worrying about that young man. Though I felt that it's wrong to go through his personal stuff, I couldn't help from wanting to know more about the youngest son of the Kims. On his table, I saw a stack of papers with handwritten notes and was amazed to discover that the rascal was actually a talented lyricist. Not just that, he was a good artist too! He drawn pictures of girls (hold on.. are these his girlfriends?) and I secretly wished that he will draw my face too before.. my last breath.

 

Day 15

I was excited when Jong Kook came home not alone - but with his brother, Kai. I wondered where he found him (or maybe that rascal went to his hyung), nevertheless I'm so happy to see them back together. Kai glared at me as I greeted him and asked if he would like to join me for dinner, then stormed into his room after ignoring me and his own brother who was extremely disappointed with his rebellious behaviour. I held back Jong Kook oppa to stop him from confronting Kai out of anger, and told him that he needed to make the young man feels safe to come home without anyone blaming him twenty-four seven.

 

Though Jong Kook oppa was reluctant to agree, I managed to convince him that I should try to talk to Kai and make the young man accept my presence here. As expected, Kai refused to open his door for me, so I decided to have a chat with him from the 'other side' of the wall. I start by talking about myself and how I grew up without a family since I was young, then told him how lucky he is cause he still has someone to call as 'hyung'. I also made up stories about the 'great things' that Jong Kook oppa shared with me with regard to his little brother (I had to since Jong Kook oppa wouldn't say anything nice about Kai to me!), which caught the young man's attention when he finally let me in.

 

Day 17

Today I woke up early just to make special breakfast for the men, despite getting scolded by Jong Kook oppa for 'trying too hard'. Kai began to doubt why his brother wouldn't allowed me to do my job as a 'housekeeper' whenever he's around, and sometimes he questioned my intention for working there when all these years his Jong Kook hyung doesn't need anyone to look after his place. There were times when he assumed that I'm his brother's secret girlfriend, which made me burst into laughter as I found it ridiculous to begin with. I mean.. Jong Kook knew that I won't be around for that long. So why would he even consider me as his.. should I say, girlfriend? (jinjja.. I feel weird to say that too!)

 

After sending my angel to the door (he needs to work for a living), I was left alone with Kai who was very suspicious of me in every way. I swear it drove me crazy when his stare kept following me around, and lately he always stood just a few inches away from me whenever we were alone in the apartment. When I asked him if he needed anything, he just smiled in a weird way and kept saying "I'm watching you!" - which I think it's creepy and annoying at the same time. Suddenly I wished that he would go back to his old habit of staying out with his friends when Jong Kook wasn't around, but I can't send him away from this place because.. I'm just an outsider and this apartment belongs to his brother.

 

Day 20

After breakfast (which slowly became my routine job to prepare it in the morning), I was ready to leave the apartment with Jong Kook oppa as I've been scheduled to have my treatment at 9am. But there's a little problem. We were interrogated by 'inspector Kai' who was curious to know why I need to follow his brother to the hospital when my 'workplace' is at the apartment, so we had to come out with a lame excuse to justify our action of 'going out together'. We told him that Jong Kook oppa was planning to take me for groceries shopping during his break, but unfortunately Kai offered himself to take me out instead. As there's no point to argue with him, Jong Kook oppa used his 'veto power' as the eldest brother to stop the young man from interrupting with our plan. Poor Kai!

 

While in the car, I just had to ask Jong Kook oppa the reason he was so attentive to my needs. Obviously he doesn't have any obligation to help his patient to this extreme, as our relationship was purely between a doctor and a client. Jong Kook just kept silence for a long minute, which made me worried if I had offended him with my blunt query. So I immediately apologized to him, but I went blank when he told me "Because I want to see your smile." Those were the only words that I could remember, and the rest of the day became blurry to me.