Chapter 16

Cure
Please log in to read the full chapter

Jimin had told them everything about his condition. He was relieved that Jungkook’s mother was an acquainted to his mother so the explanation was easier. It was only when the door was slammed hard that he remembered about Jungkook. He averted his eyes towards the door, wanted to chase Jungkook but Jungkook’s mother held his hand and shook his head signing no.

“It’s ok. Don’t worry. Jungkook just wanted to take some fresh air and sort his mind, that’s all.” Jungkook’s mother gave an assuring smile to Jimin. Jimin unexpectedly calmed down a bit. After a few minute of comfortable silent, Jungkook’s mother got up and went to the kitchen. Jimin followed her behind out of instinct.

Jungkook’s mother rolled her sleeves up till her elbow. Then she started took out some stuff out from the groceries bag. There were meats, veggies, fruit and a lot of milk. He watched from behind the counter, wondering whether he wanted to help or not. He wanted to help but he didn’t know kitchen chores at all. All he knew was boiling water for ramyun. Could boiling a water included in the cooking categorized? Well, Jimin didn’t know. So he settled with staring at Jungkook’s mother featured.

‘She has the same doe eyes as Jungkook. The way they sparkle also the same but Jungkook sparkle more. Maybe because he was younger. Her nose not big like Jungkook. It was small, pointy but not too much. Perfectly placed in the center of her face, not twisted or crooked. -cute. Does she have the bunny teeth like Jungkook? Oh, I can’t see it. Pl-’

“I don’t have a bunny teeth like my son. See?” Jungkook’s mother showed her teeth to Jimin or rather grinned at him. Jimin blatantly looked at her teeth and nodded in acknowledgement. When the reality hit him hard he looked once more at Jungkook’s mother face and flushed red.

“I’m sorry,ma’am. Umm I’m just- How did you know?” Jimin asked her a question while hiding his face behind his hand. Jungkook’s mother barked a really loud laugh.

“Guess. Can you help me here? I can’t find the pan.” Jimin hurriedly went to the third cabinet took out the pan and put it on the stove. Then Jungkook’s mother told him to cut onion and other vegetables. He walked slowly towards where Jungkook’s mother placed the knife and other stuff for him to cut things. He held the knife awkwardly, tried to cut the onion. Fortunately, Jungkook’s mother noticed the struggle early before he cut himself. Jimin smiled sheepishly, moved a bit to give her some space. She taught him how to cut all of the ingredient that she told him to cut. Jimin tried to cut them carefully but clumsily.

“It’s ok Jimin-ah. This is good for a starter.” Jungkook’s mother encouraged him more. Then she told him to wash the vegetables and put it on the table. They chatted while cooking.

“Who’s in-charge for cooking if you can’t cook Jimin-ah?” Jungkook’s mother suddenly asked Jimin.

“Jungkook. He volunteered to cook when I moved here. He even cook for me even though I avoided him.” Jimin played with the chilli that was beside the stove, feeling guilty.

 

“You avoided him? Why?”

 

“I was jealous.” Jimin whispered it but still audible to hear.

 

“Jealous? What did Jungkook do? Ah! Is it because Jungkook is too popular and everyone was ogling at him?” Jungkook’s mother asked him more.

 

“That too. But it’s not the main reason that I avoided him.”

 

“Hahaha! You are so possessive Jiminie. If it not the reason that you avoided him then what is the reason?” Jungkook’s mother looked at Jimin for a brief. He looked so conflicted whether to tell or not. “It’s ok Jiminie. Your secret is safe with me.” She pursued him to tell her.

 

Jimin looked at the floor tried to cover his red face when remember the reason. “I was jealous at Jungkook and you, aunty.” She laughed wholeheartedly when she heard it.

 

“So what Taehyung said to me is true. Hahaha! Sorry for laughing but it’s so funny.” Jimin pouted at her. Jungkook’s mother saw it and tried to ceased her laugh.

 

“Ok I’ll stop. Hahaha! Wait, my stomach. Hahaha! Uhuk uhuk!” Jungkook’s mother coughed from laughing too loud. Jimin poured a drink and gave it to her. He also patted her back to reduce the cough.

 

------------------------------------------

 

Jungkook walked to where his feet brought him. He still didn’t belie

Please log in to read the full chapter