08 Coincidence

In Your Dreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“How do you think you did?” Min was clinging to my arm as we walked out of the classroom for lunch.

I shrugged indifferently. “I’m sure I passed.” To be honest my score wasn’t the one I was most concerned about.

Yoongi trailed behind us holding his head with a grimace on her his face. “I think my brain is about to explode.”

He received a punch in the arm from Min. “Well, maybe if you actually paid attention when we were studying you wouldn’t have struggled so much!”

With a frown on his face he rubbed the area she hit. “I did pay attention! That’s why my brain feels like it’s going to explode. It feels like there’s so much information stored up there that my head is going to burst any second now.”

She laughed at him. “Well, it’s not my fault that this is the most you have used your brain in your entire life.”

“How can you say that?” He pouted his lips and tried to act cute to her biting his lip and everything. Min was definitely the only person he would try this on.

I groaned pulling my arm away from Min. “Come on guys not in front of me.”

“What are we doing?” She looked to me confused, but Yoongi on the other hand regained his composure, a light blush setting in over his pale skin. He knew exactly what I was talking about.

I shook my head. Whatever was between them was for them to deal with I already had enough on my plate. “Nothing, just pretend I didn’t say anything.”

My avoidance of the subject clearly did not please her because she then proceeded to run ahead of me so then she could stop me in my tracks. “Alright Lee Rian you have been acting extremely stressed out for the last three weeks now! And all of us have been worrying about you!”

Her bluntness made me slide my eyes in the other direction. I really hated it whenever I was put on the spot like this. “I’m sorry.”

That was all I could manage for the moment. I had no other idea to appease her. In desperation I looked to Yoongi, but he clearly was going to be of no help. He was still too busy probably thinking over in his head whether he and Min were acting like a couple a few moments ago.

“Sorry is not going to cut it. I want the normal Lee Rian back. So we are all going to go for karaoke tonight to celebrate the end of exams.” She had folded her arms across her chest in triumph.

A light laugh managed to leave me from her over confidence. “And, when exactly did you decide this?”

She smiled back at me. “Just now.”

Yoongi finally came out of his circle of thoughts. “With what money exactly are we going to go?” Leave it to him to come back to our conversation when money came up.

“I’ll pay for it.” The voice came from behind us, but it was all too familiar to me. My face twisted as I turned to see Jeon Jungkook standing beside Yoongi now.

Min gasped her eyes glossing over instantly at the sight of Jungkook. “Oh! How nice of you! You really don’t have to though!”

On the other hand Yoongi rolled his eyes. He sneered at the sight of Jungkook. “He really doesn’t have to. No one even invited him.”

I jumped in as well. The events from the night before still repeating in my memory. “Yeah, actually I hate to break it to you Jungkook this is kind of more for our group of friends. We haven’t really hung out with each other for a while so-”

“What are you guys saying?! Of course you’re invited Jungkook! We’ll all meet up after school at the front gate!” Min was quick to interrupt me.

Yoongi and I both looked to her with desperate faces. Both of us with different intentions, but trying to convey the same message. We did not want Jeon Jungkook joining us.

Jungkook clasped his hands together. “Great! And, I will stay pay for it since I technically self-invited myself.”

He walked past us, but made sure to brush by me closely so then we just barely grazed each other. “I’ll see you guys after school then!” His eyes turned back to us, but they landed directly on me.

This was definitely connected to our conversation from the night before. It repeated in my mind like a broken record.

The cool night was blowing by and even though I had a nice warm cup of ramen in front of me I sat there unable to do anything. “I’m sorry could you please explain what you mean by ‘more’?”

Jungkook stared back at me as a smile broke out on his face. “I told you I want our relationship to be more than business.”

I nodded quickly still trying to process his words. “Yes, I got that. But, then what do you want our relationship to be?”

He pursed his lips in thought. Almost as if he were considering that himself too. “Well, I told you already that I want you to like me because I hate it when people dislike me.”

“Yes, you’ve mentioned that before.” He waved his hands around us. “Alright then how do you feel about me right now?”

The sense of abruptness in his question caught me off guard. “I mean you annoy the hell out of me, but I don’t hate you.”

He snapped his fingers then proceeded to point his index finger at me as if I had discovered the cure to cancer or something. “Exactly! You don’t hate me anymore, but you still find me annoying. And, the reason is because this is a business relationship.”

After peeling open his ramen again he took a bite of his now properly cooled off noodles. “Business is annoying. So I want you to genuinely like me.”

His words were making no sense to me. “So you want me to like you then. Like have a crush on you? Don’t you think that’s a bit narcissistic of you?”

He nearly choked on his noodles, and had to pat his mouth with a napkin before looking at me with amused eyes. “Crush? I never said anything about that. Do you really think I like you like that? Don’t make me laugh.”

Wow, only I could be rejected twice in the same night.

“I never thought that! You just with the way you talk!” Pissed off I looked to his nice black motorcycle. I wondered if he would still be smiling if I just took one of my pens and drew some nice lines along the body of his bike.

This was exactly why he annoyed me so much.

He raised his hands. “Well, since we have that out of the way then I have a proposition for you.”

I scoffed. “I thought you said you wanted to end our deal because you didn’t want our relationship to be business-like. Now you’re starting another deal?”

The sarcasm in my voice was extremely clear. “No, not necessarily. What I want is not really a deal. More like a promise.”

“Same thing.”

Already finished with his noodles he put down his cup after drinking the soup. “No, deals are between business partners. Promises are between people who like each other.”

He raised his finger to me again. “It has a positive connotation to it. Now will you properly listen to me?”

I gave him my silence as a response, but let my arms fold across my chest. “If I place in the top ten when the results from tomorrow’s test come out then you have to promise to me that you will sincerely consider me.”

His wording made me frown. “Consider you as what?”

“As someone to like. Look past whatever prejudgments you have about me and consider me properly.” He smiled the same charming smile he gave to everyone else in our class.

“Although if you start liking me more than just a friend I can’t guarantee you anything. You would have to make me like you more than just a friend, which is highly unlikely.”

I scoffed at his words as I stood from the table. “Good news I definitely won’t ever feel that way about you so no worries. Your perfect little heart won’t have to be troubled over me.”

He followed me to the trash can throwing his own food away. “Does that mean you agree to my proposition?”

A deep sigh released itself from me. “Yeah whatever just take me home.” I was about done with his insanity.

With a bright smile he walked back to his bike with me. He swiftly linked pinkies with me our hands swaying by our sides. “It’s a promise then.”

It wasn’t until the next day that I realized the depth to my promise though and I was regretting every one of my words from the night before.

After school that day just as agreed upon Jeon Jungkook met us at the front gates of the school.

Jimin leaned closer to me so then only I would hear him. “I thought you guys were just joking when you said he would be coming too.”

Still in disbelief by how far Jungkook was going all I could do was shake my head. “I wish it were a joke.”

Hoseok being his friendly self was the first to approach Jungkook. “Nice to meet you. I’m Hoseok.”

Jungkook shook his hand with a smile on his face, but every few seconds his eyes would glance in my direction because we both knew why he was here. “Nice to meet you too. I’m Jungkook.”

Jimin finally jumped into

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter