03 Because I Want To

In Your Dreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“See I told you that Jungkook wouldn’t let this last for long.” Min sat smug at our lunch table. She had her arms folded across her chest along with a smile on her face.

Yoongi on the other hand sat next to her, unpleased. “This most definitely was not Jeon Jungkook’s doing. Whatever reason why Rian is getting left alone now it for sure is not because he had a change of heart.”

Min and Yoongi went back to aruing with each other while Jimin and Hoseok tried to stop them. “Hey, come on now. Ease up a bit alright Yoongi.” Jimin patted Yoongi’s shoulder.

He shook off Jimin’s hand though. “It’s not about easing up. I just want Min to see that guy for who he truly is. He in no way, shape, or form could ever be kind enough to tell those followers of his to stop bullying Rian.”

This only caused a groan to exit Min. “You always have something bad to say when it comes to Jungkook. Maybe if you for once stopped judging him on the surface you would see how he can actually be kind and caring.”

“If anyone is judging based off the surface here it’s you. Obviously all you see is a pretty face.” Once the words out I could see the regret register on Yoongi’s face. He knew he went too far this time.

Min stood quickly avoiding how he was trying to stop her. Hurt was written on her face. “If there was anyone I thought would understand me I thought it would be you.”

Then without saying anything else she sped walked away and out of the cafeteria doors. Yoongi stood as well, worry was written all over his face.

Finally deciding to jump into the conversation I cleared my throat. “You better go after her. We both know that it isn’t good to leave her alone in these kind of situations.”

He looked back to me then briefly nodded his head before running after her.

I let out a long sigh. Hoseok did so as well while shaking his head. “Man, those two sure are complicated.”

Jimin scoffed while running his hands through his hair. “Seriously, can’t they just go out already?”

“Min likes Jungkook though…” My voice trailed off as my eyes found Jeon Jungkook sitting at his usual table along with the rest of his so called “friends”.

Hoseok pushed his food around on his plate. “Just because Min says that Jungkook carried her to the nurse’s office on the first day of school when she collapsed. She thinks that it was fate.”

With pursed lips Jimin looked in the same direction as me. “I wonder why Jungkook’s followers stopped bothering you though. I mean it’s been nearly a whole week.”

Despite how no one could wrap their head around it I knew the real answer. But, I could never tell them why.

If anything it was because Jungkook finally got what he wanted.

On top of that the reason, or person, why I even agreed to his terms was still ignoring me. Any time I tried to start a conversation with Taehyung he would always end it abruptly.

That same morning that Jungkook had been waiting for me outside of my X period class I tried to talk to Taehyung before class started.

“So how are your eyes?” I turned in my seat to look at him, which made him scoot his chair away from me.

“Fine.” It was obvious he was trying to be as vague as possible so then I would stop talking to him.

“What did you think of last night’s homework?” I laughed to try and break his walls a bit. “I thought it was a bit hard.”

“Easy.” He busied himself with pulling out his class materials. He definitely was making sure that he would not make any eye contact with me.

My eyes narrowed. I literally just signed a contract with the devil himself for this guy’s sake and now he wasn’t even going to try and hold a conversation with me?  

I nearly scoffed, but stopped myself. Fine, you want to play that game? I’ll make sure that you have to talk to me with more than one word.

“Oh!” I pretended as though I had not deliberately tried to think of a question to make him talk. “I was wondering. I never see you in the cafeteria at lunch. Where do you usually eat?”

I tried my best to smile at him. “I was just curious.”

This made me want to dance in victory. Finally, I had him cornered. He would have to talk to me now. My eyes watched him expectantly.

In response he shrugged before opening his science book to read the formulas.

Not holding back any longer I let out a scoff then turned to look the other way while leaning my chin on the palm of my hand. “We’re not even studying those formulas yet you know?”

There was no response so I glanced back in his direction then to see he had pulled out another book and was reading that instead.

Figures, he probably found out that he looked stupid studying something we weren’t even learning in class yet.

Things proceeded like that the rest of the week. He would continuously put the effort forth to make sure we would never have to talk to each other.

It was funny though because despite that, and how I wasn’t getting bothered by Jungkook’s followers he still walked me home every day.

Today was another one of those days. He never walked next to me always behind, and  he would always keep at least a three feet distance between us. At the same time he would never talk to me. If anything I would talk to him and it would be like talking to a wall.

“You know you look like a stalker right?” No response.

I tightened the straps on my back pack then bit my lip in concentration. “Jungkook’s followers aren’t bothering me anymore. So you don’t have to walk me home anymore.”

“I told you your house is on the way to mine.” I rolled my eyes. This guy had a weird sense of pride because any time I brought up something involving his lie he had to always defend it.

“Not to burst your bubble or anything, but I know you’re lying. Actually I’ve known for a while now.” I finally turned to look back at him.

He was really stubborn though. His expression did not change at all, but he was looking over my shoulder. “I’m not lying though.”

My lips pressed together. Instinctively I ran up to him, which forced him to stop walking. His eyes widened in surprise and he jumped back. “What do you think you’re doing?!”

Kin of entertained by this panicked Kim Taehyung I grabbed onto his arms then leaned forward so then I could get a good look at his eyes. “Say that again.”

It was so obvious that he was flustered. The thought occurred to me that maybe he wasn’t used to having a girl this close to his face, but then again he wasn’t that bad looking either. He was probably more experienced than I thought.

“Say what? You’re not making any sense. Can you just let me go already?” He tried to pull away, but I tightened my grip. I smiled at him although I was more entertained by him than anything.

“Say that my house is on the ways to yours again.” His eyebrows knit together. “Why?”

I shook my head. “No questions. Just do it. The sooner you do the sooner I will let you go.”

He cleared his throat then cast his eyes to look away from me. “Your house is on the way to mine.”

“You have to look me in the eyes. Say it again.” He really had a knack for never looking at people whenever he spoke to them.  

He let out a long sigh before turning his eyes to look straight at mine. “Your house is on the way to mine.” His voice was deep, and randomly my heart jumped a bit.

I let go of him and started walking again so then he wouldn’t see how my cheeks were turning red. “See, I knew you were lying.”

A scoff came from behind me. “What are you even talking about?”

“Your eye pupils got bigger when you lied. Any time someone lies if you look them in the eyes close enough you can see their pupils get bigger.”

I lightly slapped my hands to my cheeks. Snap out of it Lee Rian. You were just shocked to be looked at straight in the eyes by a guy like that from up close.

“Where did you hear that from?” His voice sounded a bit closer than usual.

In an attempt to return back to normal I laughed. At least I was having a conversation with him. “Maybe if you actually paid attention in class instead of reading your books all the time you would have heard the teacher say that today.”

We came up to my house finally. I my heel so I could face him again, and for sure he was closer than usual to me.

I gulped before taking a step back. “Either way I know your house isn’t on the way. So you don’t have to walk me home anymore. It’s too much out of your way.”

“And, going out with Jeon Jungkook every Saturday so he won’t mess with me isn’t too out of your way?”

A bit surprised I looked up at him to see that he for once was looking at me earnestly. He must have heard that day. Was he so cold lately because of that? Nah, what am I even thinking?

“That’s not out of my way.” I crossed my arms so then to create a shield from him. “I’m doing that because I want to.”

For once I heard him laugh. It wasn’t really a laugh, but more like a light chuckle. Quickly I focused on him to see the ghost of a smile on his face. “You’re really something.”

He then proceeded to walk past me, but before he could create any distance he turned back towards me. “I’m doing this because I want to also.”

I thought my heart was going to jump into my throat, but before anything else could happen he then walked in the opposite direction that we came because there was no longer a reason for him to lie if I already knew the truth.

Once his body disappeared from my line of vision I hurriedly rushed inside the house. What the hell was that just now?

The rest of the night I wasn’t able to sleep at all my mind just kept going back to that walk home with Taehyung and I would find my body heating up on its own accord.

Stupid Kim Taehyung. It wasn’t like I liked him or anything. The guy frustrates me more than anything. Why did he have to smile like that?

The next day I was awoken by a flurry of vibrations coming from my phone. Somehow I had managed to fall asleep, but I didn’t quite feel rested.

I picked up my phone to see that all of the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter