02 Dork

In Your Dreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

What was I thinking?! Had I lost my mind?

I shook my head. No, I had to do it. There was no way I was going to stand by and watch that for another moment. Honestly, it felt pretty good to see the look on Jeon Jungkook’s face too when things didn’t go his way.

My feet padded down the hallway, and I wanted to just get as far away as possible from that cafeteria. Although I was aware of the body I was dragging from behind me.

Clearly Taehyung was still shocked from what happened because he wasn’t trying to pull away from me or anything. His hand was warm in mine extremely different from the cold way he always acted. The feeling of his hand in mine was cozy, like I wouldn’t have minded leaving it there.

Once we were far enough from the cafeteria I came to abrupt stop in the center of the empty hallway. I released his hand then leaned over so I could catch my breath I wasn’t much of a runner.

Still frustrated with him I tried to yell above my breaths. “I know it may seem overwhelming to you, but you can’t just let them do that to you! You ought to stand up for yourself! Do you realize how frustrating it was to see how they were treating you?!”

After I ran out of words to say it occurred to me how long I had been rambling for and that most likely I sounded like some nagging mother. I was wary of what his reaction would be.

When his response never came I looked up at him to see that he was still absorbing everything I said because he just stood there with an almost confused expression.

He didn’t break his gaze as he focused all his attention on me, which was hard to believe because it seemed like ever since I met him he had been trying to avoid any eye contact with me. “Why didn’t you just leave it alone?” 

Caught off guard I frowned. His words were unexpected to me so I decided to say the first thing that came to my mind. “Because, that wouldn’t be the right thing to do.”

For once he was persistent. “No one else did anything.” It seemed like he couldn’t believe I was telling the truth.

So a bit annoyed I responded with a rougher tone. “Well, everyone else is stupid. Come on let’s take you to the office.”

I tried to pull him along with me again, but this time he pulled away instantly. “Why?”

When I turned back to look at him his face seemed a bit panicked, which confused me even more. “Is something wrong?”

He shrugged once again reverting to his guarded state. “Nothing, I just don’t think we need to involve the school.”

My eyebrows furrowed. “You don’t even have your uniform. You need to involve the school.” I tried to grab him again because clearly he was not going to go on his own.

Before I could grab his arm though he recoiled away. “I have an extra uniform.”

Maybe reaching for him was the wrong approach. “Still, the school needs to know what is going on.  Nothing is going to change if you-”

“I didn’t ask for your help.” He interrupted me abruptly, but he kept his eyes anywhere, but on me.

Whatever his problem with me was I didn’t know, but either way I knew one thing for sure by this point. I couldn’t leave him alone.

“You didn’t have to ask.” Done with the conversation I walked away unsure where I was planning on going. All I knew was that for once I got the last word with him and I nearly was jumping up and down with excitement.

Serves him right for always being that way. For the first time I got the last word and the look on his face was enough to encourage me to pretend what happened at lunch didn’t happen.

I was almost half way down the hallway when I remembered how I was covered with soda. I sighed to myself. “Damn it.”

My feet took me to the locker room so then I could change into my P.E. clothes. Whatever, I couldn’t let something like this bother me.

After I got out of the locker room I headed back to the classroom assuming that soon it would be time for class to start.  I was right because once I returned to class there was nearly everyone already in their seats silently watching me, including Taehyung.

Our eyes instantly met each other. I couldn’t look affected by this. I kept my head up as I walked to my seat where I was bombarded by Yoongi and Min.

Min whispered to me as loud as she could without calling any attention. “What happened in the cafeteria? Why did you do that? Are you ok?”

I put my hands on her shoulders and smiled confidently at her so then she would have nothing to worry about. “One question at a time please.”

Yoongi leaning over his desk started. “First of all why did you do that?” I shrugged indifferently. “I didn’t like what was happening.”

“Are you crazy?!” Min nearly screamed at me. Trying to keep the situation light I chuckled. “Is that supposed to be a question?”

She looked at me as if I lost my mind. “Rian this is not the time to be laughing. Do you realize that you just made yourself a target?”

Yoongi pursed his lips. “Maybe she wouldn’t be a target if Jungkook was not such a .”

Min pouted at Yoongi while folding her arms across her chest as if he had insulted her and not Jungkook. “I’m not happy with what Jungkook did, but it’s mainly his followers that are crazy you know.”

He scoffed. “Whatever you say. Either way I still think that guy is full of it. Seriously, what’s the point in doing all of this?”

I was glad with how they seemingly shifted away from the topic of what happened during lunch. Although just as I was beginning to relax Min touched my shoulder with concern. “Are you sure you are going to be alright Rian?”

Just to ease her worries I laughed it off. “Yeah, stop acting as if you’re sending me off to war or something.”

Right as I finished talking in walked Jeon Jungkook. His eyes scanned the room until they landed on me. He looked at my P.E. uniform then looked away, but just before he could look away I saw the disappointment in his face.

He was clearly not satisfied with my interference during lunch.

Classes went on from there and I tried to keep all of my focus on the lecture the teacher was giving, but I could feel the eyes burning holes through me.

All I wanted was to coexist in school, not become the center of attention.

Classes for the day ended, and I walked out with the rest of my friends. All of them went through the same routine of asking me too many questions at once about what happened during lunch.

But, for all of them I kept my answer brief and confident. I told myself that I was doing this for myself, but in the back of mind I kept thinking about Kim Taehyung.

As we went our separate ways I walked the same direction home as I always did, but it felt almost as if there was someone behind me.

My pace quickened and I would glance back every now and then, but there would always be no one there.

What the hell?

Luckily, my house came up sooner than later so I was able to rush inside safely without getting stopped by any weirdo or whoever was behind me.

It had to be in my mind right?

As the night went on I found myself wishing that my parents would come back from their business trip soon because I couldn’t keep that walk home out of my mind.

After that day in the cafeteria my attention was on Taehyung even more. I couldn’t help, but notice everything about him.

Whether it be the way he squinted his eyes whenever he found something the teacher said confusing or how every time we were dismissed for lunch he would disappear.

It wasn’t like I was interested in him that way because my heart was always calm around him. I just wanted to figure him out. Everything started from that dream, and I just couldn’t put my finger on it. There was something off about him.

Including that it seemed that the focus of all of Jungkook’s followers turned to me. Everything that happened to Taehyung was suddenly happening to me.

I would find letters in my desk all the time telling me to go die, or move schools because no one wanted me there. A lot of the time things of mine would go missing so then I would have to look around for it.

For instance one time my English book went missing so then I had to share with Min for that period. It wasn’t until during lunch that I was able to look and I found it clearly hidden in the classroom.

Other times in the day little things like that would pile up as these people would continuously try to get to me, but all I could think was that I had to set the example for Taehyung.

I would not bend in the faces of those who were following Jungkook. Jungkook himself I could tell had his eye on me every single time something went wrong. He was waiting for my reaction, but I would not allow him the satisfaction. I would just treat it like nothing.

“These people are the worst! I like Jungkook too, but it’s not like I’m willing to do stuff like this for him.” Min had her arms crossed in front of her chest as we stood amongst the girls playing tennis for P.E.

I shook my head. “Yeah, I know this is like the millionth time you have said that.”

She punched my shoulder in response. “Stop acting like that! Everyone is worried about you. This has been going on all week, and they are not letting up. Are you sure you’re fine?”

This just made me scoff. “Do you take me so lightly? This is nothing, if anything it’s annoying.”

She frowned at me then let her eyes cast over to the area where the guys were playing basketball. Surprisingly her eyes went straight to Yoongi. “It’s funny how Yoongi is good at basketball isn’t it?”

“What do you mean?” She smiled, more to herself as if she were remembering something. “He’s shorter rather than tall. Yet, he still manages to get

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter