01 I Don't Like You

In Your Dreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

What the hell was going on? Am I seeing things? Am I still sleeping?

Quickly I pinched myself, which caused me to wince. Everyone was looking at me as if I were crazy or something. I probably looked crazy pinching myself and nearly freaking out because no matter how many times I looked at this guy there was not a single doubt in my mind.

He was definitely the same boy from my dream, but how?

He took the seat next to mine. I figured the only thing I could do was act casual with him. It wasn’t like I could question him during class.

I turned my body slightly to face him. He scooted his seat away from mine in response. My eyebrows furrowed, but I still tried to at least greet him. 

I held my hand out to his. “Hi my name is-”

“I don’t care.” His voice was abrupt and harsh. To further implement that he meant what he said he made sure to be at least three feet away from me. As well ignoring my out stretched hand.

A vein could have popped out of my forehead. Who the hell did he think he was?! How rude! It took nearly all my energy to not strangle him then and there.

If there was one thing I hated it was someone with a ty personality.

Rolling my eyes back towards the front of the classroom I scoffed. “I must be going crazy.” No way was this the guy in my dream. I must be imagining things.

Class continued on quietly because after all the “excitement” from the new student everyone decided to go back to sleep or at least pretend they weren’t sleeping.

Despite how I was boiling with annoyance from the guy sitting next to me I couldn’t help, but keep glancing in his direction. 

What was his problem? Aren’t new students usually eager to make friends?

He was pretty tall. At least taller than me, and I was always one of the taller girls in the class. It bugged me though. Everything about him reminded me of the boy from my dream. His body was long and lean with a fresh looking face. Hair just above his deep eyes.

“Could you please stop staring at me? It is distracting.” His voice was deep. He didn’t even bother to look in my direction.

Quickly I looked back towards the board. My face flushed from being caught staring. I didn’t even realize that I had been watching him.

In my mind I was panicking. How long had I been watching him? Great, now he must think you are some weird ert! I wanted to hit myself I was so pissed off.

I especially did not want him to think I was admiring some jerk like him.

“Don’t be full of yourself. I wasn’t even staring at you.” My arms crossed in front of me on top of the desk.

“Whatever.” That single word irked me. This guy really was something else. Well as long as this was the only time I had to see his face everything would be fine.

At the end of class the teacher called us to the front. “Rian, could you show Taehyung really quickly around school before regular classes start?”

My arms dropped by my sides. I didn’t mean to cause a scene, but really? Why did I have to take this annoying guy around?

Before I could complain he spoke up first. Rather urgently too. “I can figure things out on my own!” His voice raised ever so slightly.

The teacher and I both looked at him confused. Did I have some deadly disease or something?

He seemed to realize how his urgency was a bit weird. Casually he cleared his throat. “I mean it would be troublesome for Rian to do that.” 

Smugly I folded my arms across my chest. Fine, if you’re so adamant about not wanting me to do it then I will make sure I do it. Just to piss him off.

“Don’t be like that Taehyung. You don’t have to be polite it is no problem for me to take you.” To further piss him off I linked my arm through his, which caused his body to flinch.

“Come on let’s go!” With a fake smile I dragged him out of the classroom leaving our teacher behind.

As soon as we were in the hallway, and far enough from the teacher so she couldn’t see he pulled away from me. His expression seemed shocked. It was probably the most expression I’d seen from him this whole morning.

“What do you think you’re doing?!”

I shrugged nonchalantly. “I’m showing you around school.” I moved towards him again, but he nearly jumped back. “I never agreed to this. I don’t need your help.”

Really becoming frustrated I pursued him again. How rude was this guy going to be? “Listen, I might as well help you. I won’t touch you if that’s why you’re-”

He cut me off. “It’s because it is you.” My eyes widened. “What are you trying to say?”

“I don’t like you.” He then his heel and hurriedly walked away from me.

I stood there for a moment silent. Then it really settled in. How can he not like me?! We just barely met!

If that guy were still in my line of sight I probably would have chased after him to give him a piece of my mind, but he was long gone. “Who the hell does he think is?!”

“Wow, Rian. In all of my years of being alive I think that had to be one of the worst rejections I have ever seen.” I turned around then to see familiar faces.

Deciding to drop any thoughts of Kim Taehyung I rolled my eyes then kept walking forward. “Shut up Yoongi. I really don’t have any energy to argue with you right now.”

An arm then circled over my shoulder. “Leave my adorable Rian alone Yoongi she’s had a long day!”

Yoongi rolled his eyes. “It’s only morning Hoseok.” I shrugged off Hoseok’s arm. “It’s not what you guys are thinking.”

Jimin then ran up next to me. “Then what was it? It looked like a rejection from my experienced eyes.” He smiled mischievously. “Since you know I have had to turn down a lot of girls before.”

A fist punched Jimin’s arm. “Park Jimin stop lying. You’ve had one girl confess to you this school year and suddenly it turns into ten girls.”

My best friend Min, the owner of the fist, took her place next to me as the guys followed along bickering about whether Jimin really was “experienced” or not.

She leaned in closer to me so then we could talk a bit more privately. “In all seriousness though. Were you really rejected?”

I groaned. “For the millionth time it wasn’t that!” She raised her hands in defense. “I was just wondering that’s all. Just had to make sure.”

This just made me roll my eyes. “Sure.” We all came upon the classroom. Yoongi, Min, and I walked in as Hoseok and Jimin went off to their own class. “We’ll see you guys at lunch!”

Min and I took out seats next to each other, while Yoongi took his seat behind us. “So Rian who was that guy anyways? I’ve never seen him around before.”

 I started to take my stuff out from my bag while I tried to contain my anger from earlier. “He’s just some new student. End of story.”

Yoongi then decided to jump into our conversation. He leaned forward. “From your tone of voice. He seems like more than just a new student.”

Flashes from my dream the night before were going through my mind. No matter how long it had been I could still see his face clearly as if it had only been moments ago that I had the dream.

“Hello? Earth to Rian! Are you listening to me?” I tuned back into what was going on and realized that Yoongi was waving his hand in front of my face.

I didn’t want to seem affected though. If I told the guys about my dream they would probably poke fun at me. Maybe I could tell Min later on when we were by ourselves or something.

“Sorry, I have selective hearing.” I decided to blow it off.

Yoongi on the other hand could only snort then lean back into his seat. “Wow, of course should have known. I should just cut your hair during class and tell you I have selective eye sight.”

Rian lightly pushed Yoongi. “Don’t bully Rian. I understand how she feels when it comes to someone that just takes all your attention.”

She then turned to look at the one crowded area of the room. Jeon Jungkook sat in his desk with all the students, or should I say fans, surrounding him.

Min sighed dreamily. “Sometimes there is that one person that is always on your mind.”

Jungkook was probably the most popular person in school. He didn’t necessarily have any close friends as far as I knew, but he was always surrounded by people wanting to be his friend.

I guess that’s what happens when you have money and good looks.

Yoongi on the other hand gagged in his seat, which caused Min to look back at him. “Who would like that douche bag? All he cares about is himself.”

He visibly glared at Jungkook.

Min on the other hand gasped. Totally unaware of the situation. “How could you say that?! I have seen it first-hand myself. He does care for others.”

She blushed lightly. “He just doesn’t show it as much, but you know on the first day of school when we were first years-”

Yoongi cut her off. His voice was harsh as always when Jungkook was the topic. “I know you already have told the story a million times. You don’t have to repeat yourself.”

Min frowned then turned back to face the front. I knew if there was one person in our group of friends that Min was the closest to other than me it was Yoongi. She just wanted him to understand how she felt.

Yoongi’s fists were tightly clenched as he folded them on top of his desk. Although it seemed for the longest time that Min was more than just a friend for Yoongi.

The doors to the classroom burst open, and in walked our teacher. “Alright class, hurry and get to your seats. I have an announcement to make.”

Everyone got to their seats. The teacher then straightened his shirt out. “We have a new student coming into our class so I would like for you all to receive him well.”

My breath hitched. “It couldn’t be.”

Then right on time, in walked Kim Taehyung. You have got to be kidding me.

Almost immediately our eyes met and simultaneously we both looked away. “Hi, my name is Kim Taehyung. It is nice to meet you all I hope we can get along well.”

Was he a computer or something? It was exactly what he said earlier that morning.

The class was abuzz with gossip. “Don’t you think he is good looking?” More voices were circling around. “Yeah, he looks really smart too!”

“What if he is a trainee, and is going to our school?”

The teacher’s voice silenced the gossip. “Taehyung why don’t you take the seat next to Jungkook. Please raise your hand Jungkook.”

Obediently he walked over to the seat next to Jungkook. He completely ignored all of the reactions he was receiving from the students around him.

“Wow, you would think the guy is an idol or something.” Min watched as well as Taehyung took his seat next to Jungkook.

Class proceeded normally. Everyone was still talking about the new guy, but we all had to at least pretend that we were paying attention to the teacher.

My eyes were nearly glued to him. I wanted to figure him out. It wasn’t necessarily that I liked him or thought he was good looking like all the other girls did, but he just seemed different.

I’m not sure for how long I sat there staring at him. It wasn’t until we were half way through the class period that he ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter