11 Assumptions

In Your Dreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Our teacher made us move seats so then we would sit next to our newly established partners. So once again I found myself sitting next to Jungkook in class, and I could feel Taehyung and Min’s eyes literally burning holes into the back of my head.

“So before we start class I am going to need you and your partner to choose what subject you will be doing your research project on. The project is simple no presentation, just a partner essay. So choose well, something interesting in particular please.”

Almost immediately Jungkook turned to me. “I know exactly what we should do our project on.” His eyes were insistent.

I frowned resting my chin on my palm. “And what exactly would that be?” I glanced at all the other partners. The issue wasn’t even that I got Jungkook and he was the core to most of my problems. Jungkook was infamous for zero contribution in group projects. Granted most of the time his partners would insist he not do anything because everyone wanted to be on Jungkook’s good side.

For me it was a different story though.

He smiled confidently as he folded his hands over the desk. “We should do our research paper on dreams.”

My eyebrows furrowed by his suggestion. “Why dreams?”

He shrugged. “The teacher said something interesting. Dreams are interesting I would say.”

My head was nodding. “Yes, they are, but what made you think of dreams?” Maybe I was trying to make a connection between Jungkook’s suggestion and my own dreams. Even though I knew it was a far stretch.

“What does it matter how I thought of dreams? It was just the first thing that popped into my mind.” He leaned in closer to me bending his head down so then he could have his eyes level with mine. The close proximity was a bit over whelming. “So what do you say partner?”

He was so close that if I looked hard enough I probably could have seen my reflection in his eyes. I leaned away so I could regain some of my personal space. “Fine, but on one condition.”

“What’s your condition?” He looked at me, a smirk spreading across his face.

I ignored the teasing expression in his eyes while folding my arms across my chest. “You have to do the exact same amount of work as me.”

This made him burst out laughing, and everyone’s attention turned to us, Taehyung and Min especially. I tried to quiet him. “Hey, I’m being serious.”

He was still suppressing his laughs, but managed to respond to me. “I am too. What makes you think that I’m not going to help in the project?”

Now this really made me scoff. “Come on everyone knows that you never participate in group projects.”

“You really believe in those rumors?” He gave me a disapproving look. “I had higher expectations for you Lee Rian.”

I rolled my eyes. “Whatever just humor me and agree to my condition.” He raised his hands in defense. “Fine, I agree. Happy now?”

Sarcastically I smiled at him. “Ecstatic.”

The rest of the class time passed by extremely slow and even though Jungkook was minding his own business I felt acutely aware of him. Every single time he shifted his position I would find myself glancing in his direction.

Every now and the he would catch me glancing at him and a small smile would peek out on his face. Instantly I would look back at my notes, but it was pointless because I was already found out.

What wrong did I do in my past life to deserve this?

“You got Jungkook as your partner?” Jimin was leaning over his plate food a surprised look on his face.

Hoseok on the other hand shook his head in disbelief. “Wow, what are the odds?”

“Yeah, I’m sorry Rian that you got such a ty partner. Most likely he will make you do everything.” Yoongi pat me on the shoulder out of pity.

Despite how all of them had their attention on me only one person had their eyes glued to their food. “What did I tell you about insulting Jeon Jungkook Yoongi?” Min finally looked up from her plate.

Yoongi frowned, his eyes narrowing at Min’s words. I could see the jealousy burning behind his eyes. “Min it’s the truth though. The guy has received things without even lifting a finger his entire life probably.”

Even though everyone seemed to agree with Yoongi Min was still adamant about her stance. “You guys are just making assumptions about him. None of us even know him really.”

She then paused and her eyes finally shifted to me, and I could see the seriousness in her stare. “Well, at least not all of us know him really.” 

Min made it clear the rest of the day that she was not pleased with the partner arrangements, but she wasn’t the only person displeased.

After school Taehyung per usual was waiting for me at the front gate, but his face was scrunched up into a grimace. “I really don’t think you should be partners with him.”

A deep sigh echoed out of my chest. “Taehyung what do you want me to do? It’s not like I can just change partners. We chose randomly so I have no choice.”

He had his hands in his pockets, but his frustration made him take his hands out and step forward. “It is only the first day you could still talk to the teacher and get changed can’t you?”

I was already shaking my head. “Taehyung everyone already has partners and chose their topics.”

This was probably the most agitated I had ever seen him. He raked his fingers through his hair while releasing a groan underneath his breath. “What topic did you guys choose?”

I tied my hair up into a pony tail casually as I responded. “Dreams.”

His face noticeably paled. “You’re researching on dreams? Who suggested it?”

Still not quite picking up on why he seemed so shocked I shrugged, finally getting my hair tied up. “Jungkook did.”

The look on his face darkened and his mouth opened to speak, but before he could an arm wrapped around my shoulder. “Sorry to interrupt, but my partner and I have a research project to go work on at my house.”

I looked to my side to see Jungkook staring at Taehyung a broad smile on his face. Taehyung responded with a glare of his own. It was funny how in the beginning Taehyung was so unexpressive and now he could so openly glare at Jeon Jungkook.

“Rian you have my number. If anything happens make sure to call me.” I awkwardly nodded my head. Why were they acting like they were seconds from cutting each other’s throats?

Jungkook started to pull me along with him. “Don’t worry I’ll take good care of her.”

He kept his arm around me even though I was trying to push him off. It wasn’t until we were clearly out of Taehyung’s view that Jungkook released me. I crossed my arms as I glared at him, his motorcycle already in front of us. “What are you trying to do?!”

His response to my anger was laughter though. “I’m just having some fun that’s all.”

The ride to Jungkook’s wasn’t that long, but when we were stopped at a red light he gruffly let out a sigh. “How many times do I have to tell you? Unless you want to fall off you have to hang on tight.”

He then wrapped my arms tighter around his waist. The jolt of his pulling me made me fall forward so then my whole body was pressed against his back. My heart skipped a beat at the sudden contact so a gasp escaped from me.

My reaction made him chuckle, but the light turned green already so he raced forward.

We arrived to a neighborhood not too far off from school. Just like Taehyung’s neighborhood though it was clearly for the well off. I watched as we passed by nice looking house after nice looking house.

We came to the end of the line of nice houses to probably the nicest.

Jungkook stopped his bike. I detached myself from him and followed him along. He motioned to the large house in front of us. “Home sweet home.” Despite how he said that with a smile on his face his tone was a bit sarcastic.

He guided me into the house and as we entered the house I was caught by surprise with how clean the house was. Not like I was expecting it to look like a tornado hit it or anything, but as he toured me around I was welcomed by nearly OCD-like organization.

The tour came to an end with Jungkook’s room upstairs. He opened the white door to a white-walled room, neatly organized with shelves with hardly anything on them. There was really no clutter anywhere. I found myself comparing Jungkook’s room to Taehyung’s and the big difference I found was that Jungkook’s room hardly looked lived in.

I said the first thing that came to mind. “Your room is a lot cleaner than I expected.”

He shrugged walking in tossing his bag onto his bed before hopping onto it. “It’s the maid, not me.” He simply shrugged as if it wasn’t that big of a deal.

His casualty shocked me.

“Come take a seat. You can look on my laptop while I research on my tablet.” He patted the bed next to him.

It wasn’t like I was nervous to be alone with him or anything. I would kill myself if I felt anything like that for Jeon Jungkook, but he was still a boy no matter how much he aggravated me.

I took a seat at his desk opening his lap top that so conveniently sat there. “It’s alright I’ll just sit here for now.”

Right wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter