Chapter 5

Kissing 101
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Speechless

 

It's a known truth, the more you try to avoid someone the more they pop up. Whether in person, dreams, thoughts or even the look-a-likes; I couldn't escape the image of Jungkook. For not being my 'official' boyfriend, this 'break-up' sure felt like the real thing. Still, he had no clue why I wasn't returning his calls or texts. I only hoped he wouldn't show up at school again because then I really wouldn't know how to react.

Sora shined through for me, though, being very supportive and encouraging. She even talked me out of not going back to that girl with the ponytail. One thing was for sure, I had never been as addicted to anything as I was to the scent of my honey vanilla Chapstick. Every time I put it on it reminded me of Jungkook and sadly I didn't want to forget about him. He was my first kiss and I knew that would be impossible to put behind me; as well as the person.

I had been bumming off rides from Sora and Taehyung this past couple of days, just to not be alone or get tempted to call Jungkook back. Shockingly Taehyung had backed off from his jerk-like character and was actually being nice. I was incredibly skeptical of this sudden change in behavior but thought not to mention anything that might make him revert back to his old ways…not a chance.


Slouching on Sora's bed one afternoon, I was reading the love advice section in her latest Cosmo issue. And who should happen to come in when uninvited…as usual. Seeing Taehyung's silhouette, I didn't even bother to acknowledge his entrance.

"You must really hate my guts," he sighed.

"I don't hate them but I'm not fond of them," I answered with a fake smile.

"I raise my white flag Iseul, you can't hate me forever. Besides, I have this nice guy I want to introduce you to at the party."

"I'm not interested, remember?"

"Yes, I remember you mentioning that, but the best way to get over someone is to meet someone else. You know, 'out with the old and in with the new'."

"I refuse to listen to any more of your cheap sayings or any advice for that matter," I raised my magazine higher in order to cover the sight of his face.

He sat closer and lowered my magazine. "You haven't talked to him since?"

I merely shook my head.

"You should, at least, end it accordingly. Whatever it was between you two… But he was the lucky guy, huh?"

"Lucky?" I raised my brows.

"Your first kiss, this J guy?"

"Yeah well so much for the romance and fairy tales."

"There are still some good guys out there Iseul."

"Yeah, on the other side of the world perhaps. Here, they're just like you," I stammered out the room leaving Taehyung baffled and shunned.

 

 

During our open study hour in the library, I found a comfy chair to glue my and hopefully fall asleep in a couple of minutes. Right before I got too comfy, Jimin strolled by and tried to make eye contact.

"Hey, Iseul…How's it going?"

"Alright, I guess. And you?"

"Oh pretty good. Are you going to Sora's party on Friday?"

Gee well that's a no-brainer considering we are best friends…duh!

"Yes, I'm going. You?"

"Yeah, she invited me a few days ago. So I'll be seeing you there," he said as he waved goodbye.

What to make out of that meaninglessly short conversation… who cares, that's what. I just wanted to zone out of this world for an hour, no for 55 minutes thanks to Jimin. And when I finally closed my eyes they sprung right open; wouldn't you know it. I thought this was as good a time as any to listen to the 4 voicemails I had accumulated in my inbox.

"Hey Iseul, it's been a few days and you haven't called me so I'm just wanting to know how you've been and when we can see each other. Hopefully before your friend's party. Okay bye."

DELETE.

"Hi Iseul, I don't know if you've gotten my last message or texts…I hope you're doing alright. Give me a call when you get this okay? Bye."

DELETE.

"Iseul? you are starting to worry me and I'm getting a bad feeling here. Are you in any way mad at me? I don't know what's going on. I hope nothing bad has happened, otherwise, if it has to do with something I did, I would rather you tell me. Please call me back. Bye."

DELETE.

"Iseul, it's been a week and I sense that you don't want to talk to me. Unless your phone broke, I don't know. But if that was the case, I figured that you would have reached me somehow by now. Ignoring me, on the other hand, is not the best way to go about things. If I did something I would like to know so I can apologize and not end things on a bad note; whatever this was. I do feel that I owe this to you…to tell you that I got accepted for that internship in Japan and they want me there early this summer. So I'm leaving next week. I would share more details but I feel like I'm going to-"

And that was the end of the message. There was no 5th message to finish off the sentence. I grew sadder realizing that now we wouldn't even be in the same country, maybe that was a good thing, though; a quick recovery from the heartbreak. But what disappointed me the most was his innocent play, like he did nothing wrong. My sadness turned to anger yet I couldn't erase the last message.

On my way to Sora's car, I found her and Jimin talking, which I rarely saw. When I finally got to them it appeared that the conversation had died down and he said goodbye. When I asked what they were talking about, she said she was giving him the address to her house. I then began to wonder if Jimin going to the party was my chance to finally connect with him.

"Do you think Jimin would hit on me if I began flirting with him at the party?" I blurted out in the car.

"Wha-at?" Sora chuckled. "Don't you think you're becoming a little boy-crazy?"

"Say's the queen of boy-crazy," I shot back.

"Well, it's to be expected of me, not you."

"Taehyung is always telling me to be another person at these parties, that mayb

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter