Chapter 24

Kissing 101
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Date With A Marine

 

"Okay Hoseok, I'm just going to say this and get it over with… I've been struggling through a recent breakup and I'm slowly getting over it but I haven't recovered just yet. I thought you should know that" I confessed regretfully.

He puffed. My guess was that caught him by surprise.

"I understand, do you think you'll be getting back together?"

"No. That's very doubtful since he's in Japan, dating another girl," I frowned. "It was a long distance relationship, and I hadn't seen him for about 4 months prior to that."

"Oh! I'm sorry to hear that."

"So now that I've told you that are you still interested in knowing my answer?" I bit my lip this time.

"Of course."

"It wasn't just for the sake of the moment. But for the time being…friends?"

"I'll accept that. I just want you to give me a chance. I know it's been a little weird, my relation to Suran and this whole thing with your mother, but just give it time and see?"

"Okay, but as friends."

"Say nothing more," he smiled.

 


"Hey kiddo, how's the new year treating you?"

Kiddo, since when does Yoongi refer to me as a kiddo? Now it's crystal clear how he sees me; as permanent as a black Sharpie. I sat at the bar 20 minutes shy of clocking in for my evening shift and took out some pamphlets I had been reviewing.

"New York, Washington, San Francisco…Boston? You've really been doing your research on culinary schools haven't you?" Yoongi said quite interested.

"I sent my application for San Francisco and New York. I'm kind of excited about moving someplace else for a while," I said without hesitation.

"So you're going to get certified and then come back and work for me as our newest chef right?" he winked.

"Unless I get a better offer," I laughed.

"I'm proud of you Iseul. You're living out my dream and I couldn't be more thrilled for you," Yoongi bent over to hug me.

Although it would take 2 years to get my certification, I was planning on entering the Pastry Arts and Bakery program. I have a weak spot for desserts, I can't help it. But thanks to Yoongi, Suran, and Jungkook, I finally knew what career I wanted to pursue.

"So, you never told me. Who did you kiss at midnight?" I said while poking his side.

Yoongi didn't seem too amused, in fact, he was rather serious. Had I said something wrong?

"Actually, no one."

"Really? What happened to go with the moment and kissing a random stranger?"

"I couldn't find anyone worth kissing…or that I wanted to anyway… And where did you disappear to?"

"I went outside."

"Oh, I wish I would have known that," Yoongi said disappointedly.

Okay wait a minute, why was he wishing he'd 'known' that? Was he looking for me? I thought he and Sora had…

"So who did Sora kiss? Did you happen to see?"

"Chaz."

"The other bartender?" I asked to be sure.

"Yup, that's what I saw."

"That's so weird…at first, I thought Sora and Hoseok would kiss for sure, but then he went outside to find me-"

"Hoseok kissed you?" Yoongi cut me off.

"Yeah…" I sighed as I remembered the whole scene.

"So you like this guy?"

"Please don't start acting like the protective brother. He's a great guy. Besides you haven't necessarily been 'welcoming' around him."

"So what? I don't have to be friends with the guys you date."

"We're not dating. We're just friends, like you and I are just friends."

"Oh, you're not attracted to him?"

"I'm obviously attracted to him. Why don't you like him?"

"I don't know."

"But you're so friendly with everyone. This is the first time I've ever seen you like this."

Yoongi just shrugged his shoulders and walked around behind the bar. Why was he being weird? Was he this protective with his sister? I didn't see Jimin acting like this and he was more of a brother figure than Yoongi was. Speaking of Jimin, I could really use his advice right about now.

 


"Calm down Iseul. Beating yourself up isn't going to solve anything. You need, to be honest about your feelings. Starting by being honest with yourself," Jimin reasoned.

"Ok Gandhi, what should I do?" I had just rambled over the phone about my confusion; seemed to be the norm nowadays.

"I'm not going to tell you. I'm just here to give you advise not solve your problem," his voice grew annoyed.

"It's not fair! Why can't I just know who my soul mate is and have everything be black and white? It's that simple!"

"Because life isn't that simple. And where would the fun be in that?" Jimin sounded wiser than usual. "So go on…"

"Well, Yoongi for starters…amazing guy. At first, he kind of reminded me of Jungkook, until he helped me get through my breakup and I start seeing more of his sweet personality as Jungkook slowly became…a blur. But he's 8 years older and just wants to be friends. He treats me like his younger sister. And he said the next person he gets involved with he wants it to be a serious commitment…like marriage serious."

"Which makes perfect sense; look at Jaemi and I," Jimin agreed.

"I'm not finished…except now I seem to be sensing a bit of jealousy when I talk to him about Hoseok," I concluded.

"Hmmm…"

"And then there's Hoseok. The mysterious and hot Marine. A proper gentleman in uniform, so different than a lot of guys around here. Since he's in the military, he travels often. Meaning, would this lead to another long distance relationship? And you know how I feel about that for obvious reasons. We talked the other day…he asked me if I was interested in him."

"What did you tell him?"

"Well, I thought I was 'hooked' like you said. I mean he's so interesting and different. He's definitely younger than Yoongi which helps. I don't want to be unfair, as I'm still trying to recover from my break up with Jungkook… Just slap me out of my misery and tell me what I should do Jimin!"

"Okay Iseul, first of all, I'm never going to slap you. Second of all, I think you are well over Jungkook by now, especially if you're juggling feelings for two guys. And third, well here goes…I think the idea of this new guy in a dangerous military career and uniform thing just took you by surprise and you liked it, but I think you were pushed more in that direction because Yoongi said he only wanted to be friends. So let me ask you this before Hoseok kissed you and before Yoongi's speech…who did you really want to be kissed by that night?"

"Yoongi… at least that's what I pictured in my head. But now I know that Hoseok likes me…" I admitted.

"You've obviously had time to get to know Yoongi and care about him. And the fact that you sacrificed a little of your feelings to potentially set him up with Sora says a lot…yes, I found out from Suran."

"You two have become good friends, this could be bad for me."

"No, your boy-crazy ideas are hazardous to you. Just take that New Year's kiss for what it was, an amazing kiss and that's it. Stay friends, besides if this thing with your mom and Mr.Jung actually escalates, which I have a feeling it will, that's just going to be a mess. And as far as Yoongi…he is a great friend, a solid guy and I understand where he's coming from about wanting a solid relationship. And yeah, maybe he's being protective and you're confusing it for jealousy. Don't ruin your friendship with him either."

"So what you're saying is to just be friends and pick neither?" I asked for clarification.

"You wanted my opinion..."

"That's depressing. At least I had one possibility before and now I have none," I sighed.

"You need to stop jumping around and figure out what you really want Iseul. Be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter