The Drive

Wouldn't Trade This For The World

Dropping the kids off at school is easy.

 

Namjoon got on his car and waited. This usually took 20 minutes. I’m not kidding you.

 

“YOONGI HYUNG PLEASE GET OUT NOW. WE’RE GOING TO BE LATE.” Hoseok yelled at his brother from outside the car.

Yep. Typical Yoongi. Probably still on the sofa.

 

“Taetae, we brought everything right?” Jimin was checking their bags, while Taehyung was just running around with a toy aeroplane in his hand.

 

Jungkook settled on the floor near the door and giggled.

Not before he was swooped up into a pair of pale, long arms.

He stopped giggling for awhile, but as soon as he turned around he was clapping his hands again.

“Yooni hyong!!”

 

“That’s right baby you wanna go to school with hyung?” Yoongi’s soft side was always more dominant with his brothers.

“HYUNG YOU ARE NOT GOING TO STUFF HIM IN A BAG LIKE YOU DID LAST TIME. EOMMA WILL MURDER YOU ALIVE. EOMMA LOOK AT HIM.” Hoseok hasn’t stopped yelling.

 

Seokjin ran out in his pink frilly apron. “WHAT ARE YOU DOING HONEY. JOONIE I CAN’T BELIEVE YOU ARE LETTING THIS HAPPEN.”

Namjoon chuckled deep and low in the driver’s seat.

“I’M NOT BABE BUT I CAN’T REALLY SEE YKNOW.”

Yoongi had to peel away (very sadly if I may add) from his younger brother and picked up the lunchboxes and bag instead.

 

It was a scene at the Kims. Whatever the time may be.

 

Soon enough, a drowsy Yoongi was getting on the car, bag lazily slung over his shoulders, along with his twin brothers on each shoulder. Hoseok was kissing Jin goodbye and promising to look after the others as usual.

Namjoon checked his watch.

0830. We’re early by 5 minutes. Not too bad.

He smirked to himself and started moving out of the gates.

 

Like you’d probably expect, it wasn’t a quiet ride.

The kids were all at the backseat because Namjoon wasn’t risking a playful one spinning his wheel out of control.

 

“Taetae, Chimchim, you forgot your lunchboxes. Eomma gave it to me.” Yoongi blankly stated, holding out 2 pororo lunchboxes.

“THAT’S WHAT WE FORGOT TAETAE.” Jimin quickly grabbed the boxes with a quick thank you kiss and stuffed the boxes into their bags.

 

“HYUNGGGGGG ~ Please. Let’s go togetherrrrrrrrrrr ~” Hoseok’s whining was rare but not unseen. It was usually aimed at Yoongi only, seeing that he was the only brother older than him.

“No I’m not going to some fair. It sounds boring.”

“BUT HYUNG. I’M PERFORMING. I PROMISE IT WON’T BE BORING!!!! HYUNGGGGGG ~”

Yoongi visibly perked up at the note that Hoseok was performing. He hid his excitement and just asked with his usual expressionless face.

“It’s tomorrow! During our 1 hour lunch break! It’s a really short 15minutes performance! PLEASE COME HYUNG~” Hoseok was practically clinging onto Yoongi by now, not that the older minded though.

“Fine”

One word was enough to send Hoseok into a launch of hugs and kisses for Yoongi.

“TAETAE AND CHIMCHIM WANT TO WATCH TOO!!!!” The twins chimed in and now they’re struggling against their seatbelts.

 

“But babies you’ll be in school and you can’t run away from school to watch Hobi’s performance!! Your teacher would be so sad.” Namjoon tried to reason, and the twins just went “okay…….” In a way that made their appa’s and hyungs’ heart clench.

“Appa is there really no way?” Yoongi was the first to ask.

“Yes baby I’m afraid so.” Namjoon answered bitterly. He could clearly hear breaths hitching and he did not have to look in the rearview mirror to know who but he did anyway.

Jimin started sniffling. And as if he was not already the most adorable thing, his face scrunched up into a little pout with tears threatening to fall and a shade of pink dusting his cheeks definitely made him even cuter.

Yoongi started panicking because if one was going to cry, the other was bound to cry. THEY ARE TWINS. “HEY BABY if it makes you feel better hyung will record down the whole performance for you alright? I’ll scream really loud for your Hobi hyung on your behalf too!”

“That’s right! I’ll even dance for you at home okay! Don’t cry Jiminie!” Hoseok comforted his brother with pats on the head and a megawatt smile.

 

Jimin calmed down and brightened up, “REALLY?”

The tension in the car was gone (except for the clueless Tae in his own world) and everyone let out a breath they never knew they were holding when the smile flashed in their faces.

“Yes baby” And that seemed to be enough for Jimin.

 

So far it was still not that bad, sending the kids to school. (Despite the little sweat droplets gathering behind Namjoon’s collared shirt and tie) It was easy.

 

He stopped in front of the Kindergarten where lovely teachers greet the children dressed in preppy little uniforms walked in with cute backpacks (and occasionally cute siblings too). In this case, 2 dashing young teens were hugging their twin brothers and sending them right to the doorstep, as if their brothers are too precious to even set foot on the floor that could possibly do nothing much to them. (But you get my point)

 

Hoseok was already showering Jimin and Taehyung with kisses while Yoongi just cooly set their backpacks in their classrooms, while the other kids gawked at the twins like they are royalties. Time wasn’t on their side though, the older brothers had to leave their younger brothers for school (cue sighs).

 

Yoongi lazily strolled back to the car with Hoseok constantly looking over his shoulder to make sure his brothers are still okay behind him.

Hobi takes after Jin too much. Gotta tell him this when I get home tonight.

Namjoon can’t help but thank his lucky stars – he’s blessed with children who love each other.

 

Dropping the teens at their gate, Namjoon finally sets off to work.

 

It wasn’t THAT bad today.

 

“Hyung you’ll come tomorrow right? Pinky promise?” Hoseok questioned his hyung while walking through the gates of their high school.

“Of course Hobi, since when did I ever lie to you?” Yoongi replied with a soft smile, ignoring the shocked gazes that landed on him.

WAS YOONGI THE I-DO-NOT-CARE-IF-YOU-DIED-LIKE-JUST-LEAVE-ME-ALONE GREAT ACTUALLY REPLYING SO SWEETLY????

Hoseok just gladly returned the smile with his signature one – one that Yoongi thought could light up the whole town but he never tells.

They split their ways to their classes after Yoongi patted Hoseok’s head and some reminders to eat during lunch and not injure himself during dance trainings.

 

 

Back at home, Seokjin was cleaning the house while Jungkook was engaged in a game with himself – building up small castles with foam blocks, and crashing them down again, throwing blocks at his masterpieces. Jin didn't really get his black haired baby at times. He just shook his head gently and laughed, continuing to clean out the house.

His mind wanders to his other children at school – if Taetae and Chimchim were causing trouble in school, if the teens are listening in class. Thinking of them, Jin definitely knew Yoongi was sleeping in class. That boy definitely took after Namjoon, excelling in all subjects without much effort. Hoseok was not as smart, but he was hardworking and that made up for everything.

 

Seokjin sighed, looking at Kookie still playing with toys, and remembered when the Yoongi and Hoseok were his age too. Time flew by too quickly. Soon Kookie is going to grow up soon and that kind of saddened him because they are so cute.

They needed to grow up slower.

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Omg I just kind of realized the years that SeokJin and NamJoon are together are kind of funky. So I am gonna make them older so they match the teens’ ages and not seem like they got married at 15 LOL. BUT HEHE I ENJOY WRITING THESE SO MUCH. I hope y’all enjoy reading it as much as I enjoy writing these.

P.S. THE NEXT CHAPTER IS GONNA BE ABOUT THE KIDS IN SCHOOL. But it’ll be situated on the same day as this chapter. So yknow I’ll try to keep you on the edge for awhile TEEHEE. Love y’all ! Thank you for subscribing to this story!

(I secretly wonder if you all spazz and squeal like I do when I read fics too HEHEH.)