The Wedding

Wouldn't Trade This For The World

With the holiday tucked out of their minds, the Kims were back in their groove.

 

Waking up to alarms (or sometimes, babies crying), breakfast with occasional food fights, sending the kids to school, bring them home, dinner with sleepy kids and finally a good night’s sleep.

 

But tonight – oh boy, tonight – it was going to be different.

A lot more different.

 

It’s a Friday night and it’s a night where the Kims were going to get dressed beautifully, for an event as beautiful as they should be – a wedding.

 

Initially, Seokjin decided against bring the children along since they may or may not wreck havoc at the holy ceremony of two very-in-love people getting married. But Namjoon insisted on bringing the little devils-slash-angels because it could be their very very FIRST wedding dinner they’ll get to attend together as a family.

 

And so here they are – picking out the right clothes for each other for this very special night.

 

“Yoongi hyung. Are you seriously going with all black? Please, PLEASE, get a brighter colour. IT’S A WEDDING, NOT A FUNERAL.” Hoseok was practically begging Yoongi to change now. It wasn’t that he didn’t look good in black (maybe it was because he looked too good, but never ever ever not good.), but the very fact that he looks like he’s going to send someone to the depths of hell with that killer look on his face along with the all black outfit.

 

“Ugh fine. I’ll wear white.”

 

“YAS PRAISE THE LORD ABOVE.” Hoseok was singing now.

 

After Yoongi had changed into a white dress shirt and tailored pants, he combed his hair back and went to help change Jungkook into matching clothes.

“Hi baby. Let’s change you now shall we?” Yoongi asked meaninglessly, moving regardless of Jungkook’s answer.

 

But he just giggled and let Yoongi change him anyway.

 

After seeing that Jungkook was going to wear a vest for the night, Yoongi quickly ran to his room to get a similar vest so they DEFINITELY match now.

 

“Hyung aren’t you trying too hard to match Jungkook?” Hobi said, with badly hidden jealously.

 

“It’s okay Hobi,” Yoongi started, ruffling his brother’s hair as he grumbled with annoyance about how he’d just styled his hair. “I got something that we can match with. Been meaning to gift it to you for awhile but it kept slipping my mind.”

 

Hoseok was confused now. He didn’t remember a time where Yoongi was not with him while they were shopping or anywhere except school so exactly when did Yoongi get something for him?

 

“I got my friend to order it online for me as a surprise for you but… Yknow. I got one for myself too so we could match sometime?” Yoongi rambled on bashfully as he took out 2 boxes, both a bright cobalt blue, donning a matching baby blue ribbon.

 

“I bought it using the money I earned from the occasional work I do and some chores for Appa and Eomma.” His pale fingers made quick work of the ribbons as he unboxed the 2 at the same time, putting 2 leather watches in full display.

The watches had a brilliant brown leather strap, along with a matte black rim that showcased elegance and mystery. The only difference, however, was the face of the watch – one of them had a fully black face, while the other had a clean white face.

Hoseok’s eyes glistened a little as he looked at the watches.

 

“I was thinking the white one really suited your bright personality and the black was just. Yknow. Me. So I got it without much thought. Now that I think about it, it’s quite stupid but I hope you like it???? Oh my god Hobi do you hate it so much you’re avoiding my gaze? so..” Yoongi couldn’t stop talking because he was pretty darn shy but Hoseok cut him off promptly with a tight hug and some tears of joy. “I LOVE IT HYUNG IT’S SO PRETTY OH MY GOD THANK YOU.”

 

Yoongi let out the breath he never knew he was holding and gladly gave Hoseok his watch. “Now that we match, stop being jealous over the baby ok?” Hoseok just nodded, eyes not leaving the new treasure his brother just put on his wrist.

 

Yoongi and Hoseok were done relatively quickly since they had nothing much to pack, along with Jungkook (credits to the two brothers who helped him dress up and pack his bag).

 

Jimin and Taehyung however…

 

Were struggling a little with their parents.

 

 

“NO APPA WHY DOES TAETAE HAVE TO WEAR THIS? DO YOU NOT LOVE ME ANYMORE?” Taehyung blanched at the outfit Namjoon was holding out. A frilly white dress shirt along with light grey pants and a royal blue ribbon.

 

“Baby listen, it’s matchy with Chim so it’s gonna be cute! IT LOOKS SO GOOD, why don’t you like it! Dad and I chose it after a really long time yknow!” Namjoon tried convincing the choosy baby.

 

*On the other side of the room*

Jin had his hands full with the older of the twins.
 

“No! Chimchim is not wearing this unless Taetae wears it! I DON’T WANNA.”

Jimin was resisting since his other half was resisting and that meant a lot of trouble.

 

“Appa are you done? We’re waiting!” Yoongi started getting impatient, and Jungkook was getting hungry. He climbed the stairs to the twins’ room only to witness the hell his parents were in.

 

“Oh god.” Were the only words he could say as he saw his handsome appas cooing at the babies, trying to convince them to get into their suits that were absolutely adorable. He could barely wait to see the twins in them and start taking tons of photos of his cute brothers but there’s this devil called Kim Taehyung and Yoongi’s not letting him off.

 

“Ya. Kim Taehyung!” The whole room of toddlers whining and appas (almost) crying silenced at Yoongi’s sudden outburst.

 

“Wear that. Chim. You too. You two REALLY need to wear that on right now.” Until here, Yoongi was doing a really good job at keeping that poker face of his.

“BECAUSE IT LOOKS SO FLIPPING CUTE AND WE NEED PHOTOS. HURRY. BEFORE WE LEAVE.” Then he got too excited he cannot contain himself. He almost forgot he was holding baby Jungkook, but the wails that followed were quick to remind him to stop bouncing.

Hoseok followed in and backed the elders up. “OH GOD IS THAT REALLY WHAT CHIMCHIM AND TAETAE ARE GONNA WEAR? THAT’S SO CUTE????????”

At the sudden compliments, the twins suddenly felt like the suits in front of their eyes now are 200x more attractive and quickly slipped into them.

 

As promised, a mini-photoshoot ensued before the Kims left for the wedding.

 

 

Wedding of Jackson Wang and Mark Tuan.

 

A speech and the entrance of the blissful couple later, dinner was right about to start when the vows began.

Jackson and Mark had chosen to write their own vows instead of the boring ones since they had so much more they’d like to promise each other in the presence of the people who had meant something in their lives.

 

“Ahem!” Jackson cleared his throat. (Namjoon stifled a laugh at how awkward his best friend was in front of the crowd, very much unlike his usual boisterous personality)

 

“I, Jackson Wang, vow to take care of you, Mark Tuan, in sickness or in health, to be the person who’d never judge your adorable laughter, to be there when you get hurt, and to love you for who you are. I promise to always make myself a better person for you, to learn how to forgive and understand you more, to share both my sadness and happiness with you, and to punch you every time you try to slip out of our gym dates. Most importantly, I vow that you’ll always be the apple of my eye, and the only people who will ever be as important as you are will call you “Appa”. I love you babe.”

While it was a little funny, Jackson’s vows brought tears to many, and his partner let his head fall back to stop the tears that were threatening to fall.

 

Even the playful children were now seated quietly with Namjoon and Seokjin, listening attentively to what the couple had to say.

 

“I, Mark Tuan, vow in the presence of everyone we’ve ever loved, to love Jackson Wang with no boundaries, to share our lives together and to always take care of this big baby. I promise to wipe away your tears as you watch sappy movies, to let you be right when you are wrong, to let you drag me to gym every weekend morning, and to love you all through that. I promise to be the one to chase your insecurities away every time they come, to be there when you fall, to hold you together when you break, and to kiss your pain away. I promise to listen to all your chattering with no complaints, and never let anyone replace you. I promise to honour you every day of our lives, and never to take you or the days we spend together, no matter how normal, for granted.  Because truthfully, not a single day has been normal since the day I met you. I love you.”

 

The audience now gave the couple a standing ovation, as witnesses to their sweet sweet love.

It was now time for them to say “I do”.

 

Needless to say, the two men were quick to say yes.

Mark: “I do”

Jackson: “Really now? Parents, please cover your kids’ innocent ears. I’m giving you 5 seconds. 5.. 4.. 3..”

 

As confused as they are, Namjoon and Jin had the kids cover their ears. (Except Hoseok and Yoongi of course. They had to cover the twins’ ears instead because they were too curious to comply.)

 

Jackson: “ YES I DO OMG.”

 

He springed into Mark’s embrace, earning the laughter of everyone in the room.

 

Namjoon and Jin were smiling from ear-to-ear now, and it stayed there until Jimin asked a question while Namjoon was driving the family back home.

 

“Appa… Did you and Eomma have this too?”

Jin and Namjoon looked at each other, confused, before nodding.

“Aww… What was it like?”

 

That made their hearts a little fuzzy. Mark and Jackson’s wedding was beautiful no doubt, but to Namjoon, nothing compared to the day Jin said “yes”.

 

“It was pretty simple. Similar to this. Except the most ethereal being that walked down the aisle dressed in a baby pink tuxedo, and I wore a standard black tuxedo with a pink ribbon to match my husband. I watched him walk down the aisle with his father by his side and as he took the last step to my side, I felt infinitely blessed to have him be the one standing right there on the stage, beside me, about to be my husband. His father gave me his hand, telling me to take good care of this 24-year-old baby, and everything just felt so right.

It was like, my years and years of life spent as the ‘God of Destruction’ was simply God’s way of making my life fair because I was about to marry my best friend, who also happens to be an angel without wings.

The very moment he said ‘I do’, I felt tears oncoming and it was an understatement to say I fell in love with the being in front of me all over again.”

Namjoon was being very sappy now, but even Yoongi couldn’t find it in himself to be disgusted at anything his appa was saying. It all felt very… Right.

 

“Many years down the road, we have you now. All of you.

I wake up every morning to the same face I can’t ever seem to get tired of. I look at myself in the mirror every day and I see more imperfections that come along with age scarring my face, yet time seemed to have no effect on Jin.” He took Jin’s hand into his, as he looked at the kids again. Their eyes were filled with something that egged him to continue. So he did.

 

“Right before Hoseok joined this family, I felt worthless. I quit the company job I loved for so long, I slept my life away, and I almost lost the love of my life. But then this man you call ‘Eomma’, never gave up on me. He made sure to wake me up with the smell of good food, and reminders of why he ever fell in love with me. He went out to work more to make sure we were never lacking financially, and still managed to be the most amazing father to Yoongi. I felt so undeserving of this love, and that’s when he told me…”

 

Jin interrupted the story.

“If there was who deserved me, it would be you. It has to be you. Because I cannot imagine living my life like this with anyone else, and if these are your attempts to make me leave you, try harder.”

 

The kids fell silent at their parents’ confession.

 

They remained silent for a long time, as though to process what their parents had just said, all the way till the Kims had reached home.

 

They all settled into their beds with a warm, fuzzy feeling in their hearts.

Even Jungkook seemed particularly content with hugging his teddy bear to sleep tonight (and he usually doesn’t settle for that without some crying for his dads).

 

 

Namjoon and Jin were just about to drift into their dreams when their bedroom door creaked open to reveal a messy mop of hair that is Kim Yoongi.

“What..” Jin started.

 

“Eomma. For what it’s worth, I’m very thankful you never decided to give up on Appa, because like you, I cannot imagine calling someone else my father except you both. Even if we are not the definition of ‘normal’, even if some people laugh at our family, I wouldn’t trade this for the world.”

 

Yoongi took small steps to the side of his fathers’ bed.

 

“Thanks appa for having us. I really really really love the two of you. Even if I don’t say it most of the times. Thank you. I'll be a better son for both of you. Just you wait. Thank you for loving us, and thank you for being you.”

He snuggled between his parents and gave them a REALLY tight hug before crawling out of their bed.

 

“Goodnight Appa.”

 

Yoongi left the room.

 

 

 

 

Even though the air con kept their room really cold, the warmth in their hearts was more than enough to keep them snug till day broke.

 

“Hey Jin?” Namjoon’s voice was already soaked in sleep.

 

“Yea?”

 

“Thanks for agreeing to bring the kids to the wedding with us today. It was amazing.”

 

“Babe. That’s nothing..”

 

“Thanks for saying ‘I do’ to me. Thank you for loving me.”

 

A comfortable silence engulfed the Kims’ home as everyone fell asleep to a beautiful lullaby – love.

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Sappyness overload this time but omg I’m quite proud of myself for putting my romanticism to good use this time.

I hope you like this chapter even if it didn’t focus on the ADORABLE kiddos.

Next time ok!

 

And also, the SUGAKOOKIE fic I promised is up!

Sweet as Sugar

 

I really hope you’ll enjoy that fic too.

But if you don’t, it’s safe to say I should stick to family life and not venture to ruin romance.

 

HEHEHEHE.

BUT THANK YOU FOR READING. It’s been so good writing for you all ! J