The Squabble

Wouldn't Trade This For The World

Namjoon was driving to the Kindergarten (still within speed limit but definitely frustrating him to no ends that he can’t teleport to his babies.)

He’d called Seokjin who panicked and was about to dash out of the house, but thinking about Jungkook whom they all knew did not like seeing schools, Jin regretfully had to stay home.

Then Namjoon texted Yoongi, who then rushed out of his last class and ran (WOW YOONGI IS RUNNING. THIS IS URGENT AND YOU CAN TELL RIGHT?) to Hoseok’s class to pick him up. Since Namjoon was already rushing, the 2 young bloods had to run a little to the kindergarten not too far away from their high school actually.

 

In 20 minutes, a panting Hoseok and Yoongi arrived a little earlier than the flustered Namjoon with his tie a little crooked and hair in a mess. They all gathered their spirits and knocked on the wooden door.

Even with the door, they could hear Jimin and Taehyung crying and it was breaking their hearts.

 

“Hi Mr Kim! Ah these must be their brothers! I believe the twins will need much comfort…..” All 3 men did not wait for the teacher to finish the sentence because they were soon BARGING through the door to hold the twins in their hands.

After making sure the twins were in good hands (aka Yoongi and Hoseok), Namjoon headed to the teacher and demanded (he tried to be nice but it was hard to calm down with his babies crying for god knows how long) the situation to be explained.

 

“Ah yes we’re very sorry. A few of the other kids were picking on the twins and even pushed Jimin earlier. As their teacher we reprimanded the children and they stopped physically bullying them but still joked around. We kept telling them not to but they are still children… It came to a point where they laughed about the twins’ brothers and they were so angry, they stood up and shouted at them.” The teacher was obviously apologetic. That did not explain the hint of embarrassment in her actions, so Namjoon waited for her to continue.

 

“I was teaching the other children at that point in time so when I heard Jimin shout I immediately scolded him, thinking he was going to start a fight. I AM REALLY SORRY! I should have asked before scolding but it was just… Anyway after that I heard the whole story but Jimin would not calm down at anything I said and cried for his appa and hyungs so I had to call you. Taehyung saw his hyung cry and started crying too. I’m really sorry for this.” Namjoon was seeing red but he forced himself to calm down and thanked the teacher for what she has done so far (not including the part where she made his baby cry though), and walked over to the kids.

 

“There there Chimchim. Tell hyung who made you cry and hyung will beat them up okay? Don’t cry!” Yoongi was quite literally broken to see his brothers crying.

“Yes Taetae! Look, Jiminie is okay, you don’t have to cry okay? We should try to make our Chimchim happy!” Hoseok shone his half-hearted smile at Taehyung who innocently brightened up and nodded, wiping away his tears and toddled over to his twin brother to pat him gently and comfort him.

Jimin hiccupped, tears not stopping still. He was curled up in Yoongi’s arms and he just buried his face into his hyung’s shoulders.

After a short while, he pushed himself a little further so that he could look at Yoongi in the eyes.

“S..Sho… ShongChol.. Seungcheol made Chimchim sad. He said he is cooler than hyung. NOBODY IS COOLER THAN HYUNG. He called hyung stupid… Hyung not stupid. Hyung best!” Jimin slowly formed up his sentences and felt himself want to cry again when he thought about how Seungcheol had laughed and picked fun at the people he respected and loved the most.

 

Yoongi could take no more of that. He stood up with Jimin still in his arms. “Okay baby tell hyung where Seungcheol is okay? Hyung will show him what is cool.” He cooed, walking in the direction where Jimin pointed to, Hoseok following close behind with Taehyung’s little hand in his.

 

On the other hand, Seungcheol had no idea of the storm that is about to befall on him, happily playing with the blocks he took from the twins. That is, until his playmate looked up at the fiery shadow that towered over them.

“WHAT DO YOU WANT, are you going to tell me how cool your hyung is again? You…” Seungcheol’s words got caught in his tongue as he turned around, looking at navy trousers instead of a teary Jimin or Taehyung. He slowly raised his head up, with the feeling he may very well be looking at the personified version of death.

Yoongi’s aura would be either be furious red or deadly black right now because he felt like he could kill. This kid….

Young child you have no idea what you got your sorry little into.

“Hey kid. You the one who made my brother cry? Called him a baby?” Yoongi’s voice dropped an octave. As if his usual voice does not already send shivers down spines, this, especially, sounded like a lullaby from hell.

Seungcheol trembled. “N… no sir. I would not dare to…. OKAY YES IT WAS ME I AM SORRY.” Even the usually cheerful Hoseok was glaring and that made Seungcheol take back his stupid lie.

“Darling. We’re their hyungs. And I really didn’t think I was cool but I’d be as cool as Jiminie and Taehyungie says I am. Hobi here is totally cool though, dancer and all. You should not make our brother cry. EVER. AGAIN. NEVER. You hear me?” Poison laced his kind words and that made Seungcheol obliged to nod.

“Yes sir we’ll never do it again.”

“Good. Then we’re done here. Hey baby it’s all okay now. You can stop being sad now right?” Yoongi’s personality took a 180-degree change to his brother.

“Rweally?” Jimin was still stumbling over certain syllables and that made Yoongi chuckle a little, wiping the tears off his brother’s face.

“Yes. You can ask Seungcheol here!”

Jimin was put down on his own two feet as he walked small, shy steps over to his bully.

“You’ll never call my hyungs stupid and un-cool again? You won’t take my blocks and destroy my towers again?” His voice was uncertain, but the death god behind his back made Seungcheol swallow his mean remarks.

“Y..YES. YOUR HYUNGS ARE THE COOLEST AND I’LL NEVER BE MEAN TO YOU AGAIN. W..WE CAN EVEN..EVEN BE FRIENDS.” Seungcheol hesitantly reached out his hand, glancing over to Yoongi and Hoseok, as if to seek permission for his actions.

Jimin broke into a smile and took his hand.

“OKAY!”

 

Kids are definitely innocent. Jin is going to be so proud of Yoongi for not squashing that kid. And I did not even do a single thing.

Namjoon on looked the whole situation, and pride swelled in his chest. His children made him proud regardless.

 

 

Once they reached home safely, Seokjin was already at the door, pacing around. Even Jungkook looks slightly worried if he even knows what that means. But his eyebrows were slightly furrowed together and he was distracted, despite his favourite cartoon showing now.

“OH MY GOD HOW ARE THE KIDS ARE THEY OKAY WHAT HAPPENED. JIMIN OH MY ARE YOU OKAY. WHAT ABOUT TAEHYUNG….” Jin was in a full-force panic mode and the kids just let them. They know there is no stopping Jin’s eomma mode once it’s on.

 

Seokjin gently pulled each child near him, examining everywhere for injuries, or trauma, or anything. HE NEEDS TO KNOW THEY ARE OKAY. (yes he pulled Yoongi and Hoseok to check too even though they were barely involved.)

Jungkook toddled out, half-walking, half-crawling to where his hyungs were, and imitated his eomma’s movements clumsily.

He hugged Jimin and looked around without aim, then randomly gave him a block, making Jimin giggle quietly. Jungkook then moved onto Taehyung and did the same, hugging him and looked around, then took out his pacifier and gave his hyung a sloppy kiss to which Taehyung returned, trying to remain a little serious since Jin was still there.

While Jin was looking at the last child, who happened to be Hoseok, outbursts of giggles had him turning his head. Jungkook was CLIMBING all over Yoongi. He was pulling at Yoongi’s arms, looking around aimlessly, then hugging him at his shoulders, and clinging to his back. Yoongi was struggling so much and but it did nothing to Jungkook, considering how he was now babbling “YOONI HYUNG SWING.”. Then he put his hyung’s fingers in his mouth for whatever reason. Yoongi was now officially asking for help with his pleading eyes and attempts to pull away from Jungkook without making him cry. It was cute, but it was never Yoongi’s forte to deal with babies.

“AWWWW KOOKIE DO YOU WANT TO CHECK HOBI HYUNG TOO?” Hoseok removed their baby brother from the struggling Yoongi who mouthed a grateful “thanks”.

Kookie garbled with happiness and climbed all over Hoseok whom, unlike Yoongi, just gladly let him.

Seokjin and Namjoon were now balling with laughter too.

 

This little ball of joy was all they needed to get Seokjin out of his panic.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: YESSSS I’M FINALLY DONE HEHE. I hope y’all don’t mind the slightly foul language. HAPPY BIRTHDAY YOONGI. You’ll always be the best hyung to these qtpies and the sweetest rapper I have seen. SUGA you’re amazing. Happy birthday angel!