The Tests

Wouldn't Trade This For The World

A shrill alarm ripped through the Kims' house as the teens immediately jumped out of bed (that's right, even before the parents did). 

They immediately went to wash up and dress themselves before diving head-first into their books again for some last minute cramming.

 

Namjoon and Seokjin woke up groggily from 1. the alarm, and 2. footsteps storming all over the house.

After a short kiss goodmorning, Seokjin left the room to see what the boys are up to while Namjoon prepared for work.

 

"Hyung, i know i'm reading right now but i feel like nothing is going inside my head....." Hobi's eyes were furiously moving from left to right, along the lines of his Literature textbook (Namjoon REFUSED to let him drop Literature of all subjects because he said it was important - for music of course). 

"Seok-ah.... I'm not even reading now." Yoongi flat-out stated as a shocked Hoseok turned around to see his hyung lying on the bed, fully dressed in his uniform.

"WHAT. HYUNG WE HAVE EXAMS IN 2 HOURS ASDFGHJKL."

"I guess i will just wing it." 

And that's when Seokjin decided to arrive at the boys' room.

"Kim Yoongi i did not just hear that." Jin strictly warned the boy as he sincerely hoped Yoongi's laziness will not pull his grades down.

"Oops. Sorry Eomma. I just, can't. I tried reading, but it wasn't working so i just didn't want to read anymore." (*sobs* this conversation is inspired by my own exam that just passed)

 

Jin sighed, as he brought the two panicky teens into a warm hug.

"I know you boys are going to do well. Stop freaking out and cramming, i tried it and it never worked EVER in my school years. Just keep yourself awake and fresh. Cmon now, you can wake the little balls of energy while i make a nutritious breakfast as a lucky charm." 

The two boys shone a grateful smile to their eomma as they calmed down and left the room to wake their babies. 

 

*creeeeeaaaaaaaakkkkkkk*

The door creaked a little as lullabies began to reach the teens' ears. 

They smiled at the sight before their eyes, as they see Taehyung sprawled over Jimin who had tear streaks down his face. 

He must have had a nightmare again and Taetae went to comfort him.

It was always nice to see the twins inseparable (though sometimes it's better to separate them because they're alot calmer that way).

And a little Kookie in his crib between the twins' beds. 

Jungkook was still huddled in his blanket, black hair ruffled and stuck out in all places, as he slept with a pacifier in his hand. 

Yoongi and Hoseok open the curtains above Jungkook's bed.

"RISE AND SHINE BABIES !!!"

Jungkook shot up from shock as he stared at his hyungs.

"WAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH" (oops)

Hoseok cuddled little Kookie as he apologised profusely (they forgot how easily Jungkook wakes up compared to the twins).

"Sorry baby we forgot you woke up easier than your twin hyungs. Sorry sorry. Cmon now stop crying little one." He peppered kisses on Jungkook's salty, tear-stained cheeks and the baby tugged at his ears lightly. (it's called karma Hoseok)

 

At the same time, Yoongi was busy rubbing his sharp chin on the twins belly. He enjoyed watching them squirm from being ticklish and also a little uncomfortable, whining and little hands trying to sweep away whatever was bothering them.

Jimin's hand touched Yoongi's hair, and his eyes opened in shock.

"Taetae...... i think, i feel a monster...... IT HAS HAIR, JUST LIKE THE ONE IN MY NIGHTMARE." he shout-whispered (if you know what i mean) as he refused to meet eyes with this "monster", though his hand stayed on "it's" hair.

Taehyung's sleepyhead slowly came to realised how important this moment is and woke up, hands trying to meet where Jimin's hands were.

"Oh no.... I think you're right..........." 

And the twins slowly turned their heads to meet this "monster".....

 

"BOO !!!" Yoongi smiled as the twins turned over.

"YOONGI HYUNG !!!!" The twins exclaimed and smacked him before apologising to him.

"Don't scare us like that !!" Jimin was hicupping already as Taehyung pouted.

 

"Oh alright i'm sorry baby hehehe" (he doesn't sound sorry, i know). "Give this monster a hug will you ?"

The twins looked at each other before jumping into Yoongi's arms.

The teens carried the little ones downstairs for breakfast.

 

1 Hour 30 Minutes before the test

Not before long, the Kims were done with their breakfast.

Only 1 cup of milk and 1 bowl was dropped on the floor today (their bowls are all strictly plastic because Seokjin didn't want his 6 kids - including Namjoon - breaking his expensive porcelain ), well that's a record.

 

The teens helped the younger ones get dressed while their appa and eomma cleared up the remnants of their breakfast.

"Joonie, you think Yoongi and Hobi's test will go well today ? They look so worried and unsure.... Haven't seen them like this in awhile...." Jin started worrying for them.

"I'm sure they'll do fine babe. Afterall, my IQ 150 genes runs in them. They'll be okay, stop worrying else your wrinkles are gonna get worse." Namjoon joked as a handmitt flew to his face.

 

1 Hour before the test

The kids were all neatly packed into the car, with Hoseok checking his bag for the 10th time now to see if he missed out anything.

Yoongi's bag was the lightest Namjoon had seen this year.... 1 pen, 1 pencil, and 1 ruler.

That's about all he counted Yoongi checked for.

Damn this son really.......... I don't know if it's good or bad he's so much like me.....

While the younger brothers cuddled and messed around with their older brothers in an attempt to comfort them, unfortunately their stop arrived and they had to alight. 

Yoongi and Hoseok sent the younger ones to the doorstep of their kindergarten (as usual) to see Seongcheol greeting them at the door. 

"Chim ! Tae ! We've made towers alrea-- Anneyeonghasaeyo hyungnim."

They held back a giggle as they bowed and walked back to their dad's car. 

 

Before they alighted, Namjoon stopped the car and turned around to face the boys.

"Good luck kids ! I'm sure my genes will come through ! Love you !"

"Appa you're really embarrassing !!!" Hoseok flushed a tomato red as he quickly stepped into their school behind his hyung who tried to ignore Namjoon as though he is not their dad. (everyone saw you Kim Yoongi)

 

30 Minutes before the test

The entire class was memorising everything they can in hopes of getting some more stuff from the textbook into their heads right before the test.

Hoseok too, was reading and reading and reading.

Until he came across a little note stuck in between the pages he tried to memorise so badly (to no avail) the night before.

On that little slip of paper with rough edges from tearing, a note that gave him strength.

"Seokseok, i know you can do this. This page is nothing in front of my brother i hold dear. Have no fear, for hyung is here. Love you!" 

Alot of scribbles from red, blue and black crayons told him that his hyung got the little brothers' signatures too.

He felt courage and energy well up in him once more, and then a little laugh at the thought of this: he did the exact same thing in secret too.

 

So in Yoongi's class, he found an exact same note paper, with a different message.

"Hyung-ah, i know you're not scared at all because you're so smart, but here's wishing you the best (and also energy to stay awake) ! From your forever battery, Seok !" And also the same weird scribbles that seemed like alien language to Yoongi.

He laughed out loud, causing the whole class to turn at him.

THE GODS MUST HAVE SHOWN ON US TODAY BECAUSE KIM YOONGI JUST LAUGHED. OUT LOUD. WHERE ART THOU ARE THE ONE MAKING HIM LAUGH. His classmates' surprised faces brought Yoongi back to Earth as he recollected himself, and the laugh died into a faint smile that never seemed to leave for that day.

 

The Test

The test (or exam whichever you call it in your country! They're the same to me -- equally scary and detestable so don't mind my inter-changing ok) began as pens and pencils started furiously writing on the poor script. 

It was unsurprisingly a breeze for both Yoongi and Hoseok.

 

That day, these two young bloods stepped out of school half a ton lighter.

 

 

 

 

On their way home, Namjoon heard many complaints about how lame the test was, and how dumb they felt for worrying over such a simple test.

(and also some interruptions of how tall the twins' towers were today)

Nonetheless, hearing the two boys regain their confidence made Namjoon worry a little lesser. 

Jin felt the same after the same thing was repeated once more to him.

 

Well, since the tests are over, the boys finally get to play with a peace of mind.

So after dinner, they made it up for all the playtimes they missed with their younger brothers.

Even Yoongi who usually gets tired after an hour of playing, has been going at it for 2 hours now, and still going strong.

"Hyung me too me too !! Draw me !!!" Hoseok was enjoying himself drawing the kids (occasionally on the kids as well), while Jungkook was extremely intrigued by how Yoongi was trying to balance a standing Jimin on one hand.

Even though Jimin fell a few times, Yoongi always caught him, so he actually found the falling fun as well. 

After awhile, the twins' switched places, as the hyperactive Tae now met with a new fear of falling, so he has been extremely still on Yoongi's hands now.

"Hyung.... Will i fall........." 

"Not if you stay still buddy!" 

Yoongi's tongue his dry lips as he concentrated with his mouth agape, staring at Tae's back while he balances. 

And fails.

Taetae felt himself wobble a little, then alot, then felt like he was flying because he was falling.

Yoongi caught him in the nick of time before he knocked Jimin in the head.

Despite not getting hurt, the shock had him sniffling in Yoongi's arms for the next 30 minutes as he knocked on Yoongi's chest lightly.

"Sorry sorry, i won't play with you like that anymore okay?"

"Hyung you're so bad !"

Yoongi snuggled Taehyung abit more to comfort him, and stayed there for some time till the light sniffles stopped.

He looked down to see Taehyung sleeping soundly.

 

 

"Eomma, Tae's asleep on me, can he just sleep with me tonight?" Yoongi quietly asked Jin.

Jin nodded after seeing Yoongi's careful steps and content smile as he held Taehyung in his fair arms.

"No fair ! I want to sleep with hyung too!"

"YOONGS!" 

Jimin and Jungkook both pouted and Yoongi chuckled.

"Oh alright. Cuddle pile #2 ???" 

And as he laid in bed, 3 more pyjama-clad boys climbed into bed with him and they slept more peacefully than ever that night.

 

For once, no one had nightmares, and no one woke up crying.

 

 

 

Indeed, the best comfort to have in one's life is a sibling that would love you more than they loved this world itself.

Namjoon and Jin turned off the lights for the boys (because no sane person - aka Yoongi and Hoseok - were free from cuddles enough to move off the bed anymore) after snapping a few photos and a kiss goodnight for each fluffy head. 

 

"Goodnight boys."

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: And that's the end of this chapter !

I always have issues ending my chapters cos i don't know how to.....

I just keep typing and typing. :<

Let me know what other themes i should write on because i don't know what you guys would like to read !

Thank you all for sticking with this story till now !

<3 

I'll be back soon !