The Beach

Wouldn't Trade This For The World

(Continued from “The Sweet Dream”)

 

Breakfast ensued pretty normally with the cutie pies playing with their food and the parents just sitting around and looking on their kids. You can imagine those heart-eyes. (Because we all have them too) ;)

 

Then, of course, an ingenious idea pops into the mind of the genius Kim Namjoon.

 

“Hey babe… It’s been some time since we even had a holiday… How about bringing the kids to the beach?” He proceeded with care because Seokjin was not one to agree to his reckless ideas especially when it involved dirty kids after.

A.k.a. the last time he brought the kids to the garden they ended up rolling around in the sand and mud and Namjoon almost got murdered by Jin.

But no one needs to know that. Shh.

 

“Sure.” A prompt reply came.

 

Everyone in the house cheered. EVERYONE. Whatever made Jin agree to this idea, no one doubted it and just went along with it before he regretted it.

Hoseok grabbed the twins and whizzed to their room in record timing, grabbing their bags and toys and swimsuits.

“Chimchim, Taetae is going to wear the blue one, you get the dark blue one ok?” Of course the twins were going to match their swimsuits. THEY ARE TWINS. (You didn’t think twins miraculously matched all the time did you?)

Hoseok laughed and grabbed his own stuff, packing baby Jungkook’s swimsuit into his bag too.

 

Yoongi and Jungkook had the same blank expression while they Yoongi carried him and strolled to their room. The chill Yoongi merely grabbed a bottle of sunscreen, a pair of swimming trunks and a new set of clothes. Oh. And sunglasses. He never forgets it. He’s going to sleep, obviously you need it.

Jungkook sat (or rolled around a little) on Yoongi’s bed while he packed, but was soon lifted up to be walked to his own room.

 

“HI JUNGKOOKIE. WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO BRING TO THE BEACH? TAETAE AND CHIMCHIM ARE BRINGING FLOATIES!!” Taehyung (kind of) shouted into Yoongi and Jungkook’s faces.

“Taetae, Kookie’s just a baby! He can’t pack his own stuff! Why don’t you help him bring some of his toys while I grab his nappies okay?” Yoongi laughed heartedly at his brothers. Jungkook had no idea what was happening, but he just nodded along with Yoongi. (because he’s the smartest and he can’t be wrong)

 

Meanwhile, the married couple just brought a large umbrella and a LAAAARRGGGGEEEEE pizza beach mat that Jin had insisted was a NEED not a want when they were dating. And clothes. And LOADS of snacks. Jin packed some sandwiches and water into the kids’ bags, while Namjoon’s was filled with clothes and some milk and a few good books.

 

“APPPPPAAAAAAAAAA. EOMMMAAAAA. WE ARE DONE!!!!!!”

Almost like a squad of scouts, the kids appeared with their backpacks, dressed in bright clothes (Except Yoongi and Jungkook. No points for guessing who dressed the baby today), with toys in their hands.

Even Kookie looks mildly excited to be out of the house.

 

“Alright then. We’re off!!”

 

The car trip was surprisingly quiet and short, as the kids messed around a little and fell asleep on each other. Yoongi never once let go of ‘his bunny’ today, with Kookie sleeping soundly in his lap, and Hoseok on his shoulders. Jimin and Taehyung were in their baby seats, holding hands and snoring softly.

Jin’s heart almost melted to the ground. He just snapped a few (by that I mean a lot) photos, and continued looking at the passing sceneries flashing outside of their moving car.

 

 

*At the Beach*

The sand was glistening and the water was almost sparkling. The sun was not too hot (Namjoon thanked God right here) and there were not too many people (it was Yoongi’s turn to thank God).

The Kim family laid down their Pizza mat and yes the twins helped by rolling on it. Yoongi played a joke on them and said that “Pizzas need to be flattened and we roll on it to flatten them! You wanna try?” and then took out his phone and videoed all of this down. Jungkook struggled in Hoseok’s hold now because he wanted to join in the fun so he appeared on Yoongi’s phone screen, crawling and toddling a little to roll on the mat with a pacifier still in his mouth.

The two teens laughed at their baby brothers, while the parents just set out THEIR small towels and umbrella, whipping out their sunscreen, and wiping it on each other.

 

“OH HOSEOK, KOOKIE’S PACIFIER IS OUT. STOP HIM FROM TAKING THE SAND AND PUTTING IT IN HIS MOUTH.”

“DAMN”

Yoongi dropped his phone onto the sand and ran (wow look who Yoongi’s running for) for Jungkook.

“No baby, you can’t eat this! It doesn’t taste good!” Hoseok held onto Jungkook’s hand full of sand, while he was in Yoongi’s arms.

“B..but Seok hyung….” Jungkook struggled to pull his best puppy bunny face but unfortunately didn’t work out. He settled for a pout and cuddled to Yoongi for comfort.

The two hyungs just chuckled and let him be, while Hoseok went “Hey I’m just letting you snuggle up to Yoongi hyung now cos you’re pouting and that’s cute. But he’s mine to cuddle up to.” And stuck his tongue out to his baby brother.

Yoongi ruffled his hair a little.

“HYUNG. HOBI HYUNG. YOONGI HYUNG. LOOK!!!! CHIMCHIM FOUND SOMETHING VERY PRETTY!!” They both turned around and saw Jimin holding out the prettiest shell they’ve laid their eyes on.
(No really, it was just a normal shell, but that was how their face looked like because any shell their angel held would be the prettiest)

“AND YOONGI HYUNG’S PHONE IS HERE. Can Taetae bury it?”

“OH GOD NO BABY.” Came Yoongi’s reply as he ran for a different reason this time.

 

Safe to say, the kids were having their share of fun.

Then Seokjin called for them. “KIDS COME HERE. PUT ON SUNSCREEN FIRST.”

 

They all then put their play time on hold and walked over to their dads.

The dads wiped sunscreen all over their babies’ bodies to protect them from the scorching sun.

 

I’m only doing this because I don’t want red crabs for kids.

 

Namjoon mentally thought, and he snickered a little before earning a smack from his husband. Jin knew everything. He stopped laughing and went back to applying sunscreen.

 

“Joonie, will you please put more on Yoongi? He gets sunburnt real easy.”

“Gotcha babe.”

Yoongi internally groaned at his sappy parents. But wait… He felt 2 pairs of hands on his back… Wha…

 

He turned around to find Jungkookie wiping his hands on him, smiling brightly and showing off his first few teeth.

“Aww bunny are you helping hyung?” Jungkook nodded and continued wiping on Yoongi’s abs now. (Only God knows what he did to still be as ripped as Hoseok is without doing much.)

 

“Ok then baby” Yoongi just turned back around and let Jungkook do his job.

 

After 10 minutes and a bottle of sunscreen later, all the kids and dads were fearless in face of the sun.

 

“WHO WANTS TO GO TO THE WATER?” Namjoon boomed and the kids did their typical “ME ME ME”.

You’d think they’d all run towards the glistening ocean but they all plopped down onto the sand and dug for their floats, then started blowing air into them. (I know. Anti-climactic)

Yoongi and Hoseok helped the twins fill their floaties, while the twins dressed themselves appropriately. Jungkook was dressed by Jin, and Namjoon was pumping up a cute boat float for the precious bunny.

 

Now, they all run to towards the sea with floats in their hands! (and Yoongi following closely behind, dragged along by Hoseok – it was out of his plan to even be wet)

But he got into the water anyway. He tried to convince himself it was to look after the kids, and went along with it.

 

After all, it’s a rare family outing.

“HYUNG COME ON. WE’RE PLAYING CAVALRY. We’ll be the horses while Taetae and Chimchim try to grab each other’s toys!!”

Yoongi let the gummy smile he hid away most of the time grace his face and sloshed over in the water.

Namjoon and Jungkook were the referees.

 

LET THE MATCH BEGIN!!!!!

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: THIS IS SO LONG HAHAHHA.

This chapter is sort of ty, I’m sorry!!!

Next chapter shall be more cutesy okay. (or I’ll just come back and edit this)

PART 3 WILL COME SOON !!!!!

:D