The Performance

Wouldn't Trade This For The World

It was the day now.

Anytime now………

 

 

“EOMMMAAAAAAAAAA. APPPAAAAAAAAAA.”

(Yep that’s it.)

Hoseok’s voice shook the whole house awake if not for the alarm that shrilled sharply a few moments after.

Seokjin woke up with a start, rubbing his hazel eyes. Namjoon mirrored his actions, except with a dimpled smile that shares the common distaste for mornings. The only thing that keeps them from staying too long in their dreamland tangled in each other’s limbs are their 5 children, and right now one of them is calling out for them.

They both dragged their feet out of the warm duvet and walked over to Hoseok and Yoongi’s room.

 

“Yes baby? OH MY GOD WHAT ARE YOU DOING” Seokjin’s sleepiness washed away looking at the mess on the floor of the teen’s room right now. Clothes piled up, and it was obvious Hoseok was choosing a costume.

It’s his big day today. It’s a 15minutes performance (the one that was mentioned in Chapter 2!), but Yoongi is going to be there and he trained too hard for it to have ANYTHING at all mess this up.

Namjoon laughed softly and kissed Hoseok good morning on his crown before dragging his feet to Jungkook’s room. This baby definitely hated mornings (and rude awakenings) because he was crying at the top of his lungs right now.

 

Jimin and Taehyung have already gathered at their brothers’ room, now flinging themselves on top of a sleeping Yoongi. “UMPH. Kids. Please. Get off me. I want to sleep. Now. There is still time.” Yoongi was not going to stop his short phrases until the twins get off him but that seemed impossible now. He’s pretty sure he heard light snoozes from on top of his back where Taehyung is. So he flipped himself over and grabbed his adorable brothers. They’re going to snooze together (YAY).

 

“Nope. That one is too red, our theme is black and white. Nah, I wore that just last last week. Nope this is too try hard.” Seokjin was putting back the ‘eliminated’ costumes into the wardrobes while he let Hoseok freak out a little over how he was going to look. But let’s face it – any child of Jin’s was going to look good in anything. Even the lazy, slip shod Yoongi looked good in a random shirt, bermudas and casual shoes. IT’S THEIR FACE. IT RUNS IN THE GENES. He sighed, hanging up another set of clothes while Hoseok dug through his piles of clothes. “It’s okay Hobi you’ll look great in anything.” Hoseok shone Yoongi a grateful smile even though he knows his brother is still trying to get a shuteye.

 

Meanwhile, Namjoon was hugging Jungkook close to him and rocking him back and forth to calm him down. “Hey Kookie good morning!!! Don’t be upset with Hobi hyung okay? He’s just nervous he’s dancing today. Hey buddy cmon Appa will play with you!”

Kookie stopped crying after awhile because he was tired. Namjoon is slightly terrified Jungkook would grow up to be like Yoongi – whom, I would like to remind you, gave s about almost nothing – and the thought that 2 of such kids would exist around the house is nightmare-worthy for an affectionate appa. “Hopi hyong…. Kookie want Hopi.” Jungkook hiccupped a little and made the small grabby hands at the open door. Namjoon melted and let the smile creep up his face as he walked back to reunite this baby with his hyung.

 

Hoseok was almost down to 5 outfits when Namjoon cleared his throat at the door, catching everyone’s attention – even the sleepy trio on Yoongi’s bed. “AHEM”

“Kookie want Hopi” Kookie laughed and struggled to be put down (which Namjoon could only comply. Who could stop this little one from getting to his brother?), then walked to Hoseok, who welcomed him with open arms.

“AWWW HI KOOKIE GOOD MORNING. I’m sorry I woke you up. Hmm… Do you think I should wear this or this?” Hoseok showed the 3-year-old two outfits in his hands. He must really be stressed out. He’s letting a 3-year-old who barely has a choice over his own clothes decide his outfit for this event. Jungkook seemingly pointed at random choices, but it boiled down to one last outfit – a black sleeveless, collared pinstriped shirt, and a plain black pleather pants. Hoseok nodded in approval and went ahead to pack it.

 

This time, Jimin and Taehyung crawled out of Yoongi’s bed and walked over to Hoseok’s drawers, digging out a few of their favourite rings and arm candies (this is obviously not the first time their family has dealt with Hoseok’s contemplations HAHAHA). Their hyung didn’t think twice and kept them all in his school bag.

 

And now, the family finally starts their day normally.

Breakfast, then the usual gathering of kids at the car, and Namjoon struggling to drive everyone to school. But it all passed in a flash. To Hoseok at least. Time was passing too fast. He was less than 3 hours away from his performance and he still felt so unprepared for it.

 

30 minutes away from his performance. His team mates were going through their arrangements one last time while they changed into their outfits. No matter how many times they performed together and wore marvellous costumes, they always took time to appreciate each other when they actually bothered to dress up.

 

Ok Hoseok, it’s just a short performance to attract new members to our club. It’s okay. You’ll be okay. You practiced WEEKS for this. You’ll be fine.

Hoseok reasoned with his anxiety in his head.

 

 

5 minutes away from their performance. The team before them are now wrapping up their last moves.

 

3 minutes away from their performance. He looked nervously at the crowd that has gathered at their makeshift stage near the canteen. He sees Yoongi looking at him.

 

1 minute away from their performance. The announcer is almost shouting their arrival. (Well they are the coolest dance crew) Hoseok sees Yoongi shoot him a supportive smile. His phone was already above his head, ready to record his amazing performance. I will tell you, Yoongi never once doubted his brother’s ability to deliver the best performance he’s ever seen. Hoseok was going to blow his mind once again, and every time he steps on a stage. He makes every other dancer look poor.

 

0 minutes away. Their team was now on the stage. Heads hung low in their positions, all ready to give their best. The music was slowly starting. Their hearts were beating crazily in their chests but their body remembers every effort they put in.

 

The music starts. Their bodies move naturally, as if all of these moves were nothing. The performance was as natural as breathing. Hoseok only smiled now. He was the happiest when dancing. Once his body starts moving, he’s no longer shy. He knows what he does to the audience. His charisma bounces off his body, it ripples under his skin, and it oozes out of his every pore. He’s no doubt eye-catching on the stage. He doesn’t need a spot light – he’s the star of the show once he dances. His smile melts the audience and he can now hear every cheer so loudly.

He hears Yoongi’s voice on top of the crowds’, and Yoongi rarely shouts but this is what a brother does.

 

The performance came to a breath-taking end, and without a say, it was perfect.

 

Yoongi came running to his brother as soon as he walked down the stairs. “HOBI YOU WERE SO GOOD UP THERE. I’VE SEEN YOU SO MANY TIMES AND I CAN NEVER GET TIRED OF YOU SHINING UP THERE.” Yoongi’s sentence came out a little hoarse from all the shouting and he made sure Hoseok was moulded into his body with a tight hug.

Hoseok laughed heartily (first time in the whole nerve-wrecking day for him) and hugged his brother back. “Thanks hyung!!”

 

The drive back home was a noisy one. The kids were all over Yoongi while he was playing Hoseok’s performance for the thirtieth time now. Namjoon would have gladly watched it all thirty times, but that spells accident on the road, so he has to sadly wait till he got home. L Not that he minded hearing the little ones so proud of their hyung though.

Jimin: “CHIMCHIM REALLY LIKE YOUR DANCE HYUNG.”

Taehyung: *Already trying to imitate his hyung*

Jimin: “No, it’s like this!” *imitates his hyung better*

Taehyung: “HEHEHE HYUNG TEACH ME!”

Yoongi: “Kids please stop. Hobi needs to rest too!”

Twins: “AWWWWWW. L”

Hoseok: “I’ll teach you tomorrow okay? Let me lie around the house today with Yoongi hyung!”

Yoongi: “Hey you make it sound like that is all I do.”

Hoseok: “But it is.”

Yoongi: “… Point taken.”

Twins: “HEHE YOONGI HYUNG PIGGY”

Yoongi: “WHAT?! You did not just call me a pig you little monsters!” *grabs both the twins and tickle them*

Twins: “YOONGI HYUNG STOP HAHAHHAHA. HAHAH. HYUNG!!!! APPA!”

 

“Ahem, ok kids, we’re home? Let’s continue this with Kookie later okay?” Namjoon parked the car and opened the doors.

 

All kids: “OKAY!”

 

The kids ran out of the car to grab Jungkook and tickle him mad. “THAT WAS NOT WHAT I MEANT BY CONTINUING THIS WITH KOOKIE OH MY GOD.” Namjoon was half-yelling, half-laughing at his children. Jungkook was taken by surprise and is now rolling on the floor laughing and trying to roll away from all his 4 hyungs.

 

Yoongi got tired after a while (of course), and started showing his appas and baby brother Hobi’s performance. Hoseok got a second or third or maybe a thousandth round of compliments from everyone, making him blush a bright shade of pink.

Hoseok did spend the whole day lounging around with Yoongi like he said he would though. Except he was lounging ON Yoongi. Basically lying on top of his hyung anywhere – on his lap, on his back, on his arm. He was in the mood to be babied and Yoongi lets him.

“HOBI HYUNG GETS TO LIE ON YOONGI HYUNG, NO FAIR.” Jealous Jimin screamed. Before the two older brothers knew what was oncoming, 2 bodies flung carelessly onto them. The smallest body then tried to helplessly crawl on top of the pile of bodies.

“HYUNGS ARE TIRED. WE’RE SORRY. WE’LL GIVE YOU ATTENTION NOW.” Yoongi and Hoseok apologized half-heartedly laughing, cuddling their brothers now. Jungkook was kind of torn between getting hugged and not, so he settled for being sandwiched in between the two brothers hugging another two brothers. He mentally patted himself on the head for making a smart choice to not be hugged by humongous people (compared to him).

And then the 4 brothers looked at him. Now he feels lonely. And he’s going to cry until one of his dads come and hug him. He likes his dads’ hugs. But the brothers squish him too much. Namjoon came running since Jin was cooking.

“Erm okay. I assume Jungkook likes me to cuddle him more than you guys. HAH.” Namjoon casually stated which earned him a light punch each from the 4 children and a very hearty laugh from his lover. But he got to hug a happy Jungkook (who did not punch him) and that makes it up to him.

He even got a kiss from Jungkook.

 

Mental note to say this to these kids in future:

“Hey kids your younger brother still likes his appa better. Y’all losers MWAHAHAHAHAHHAHAa.”

 

But that will have to wait till Jimin and Taehyung won’t cry at it OOPS.

 

In the meantime he just prayed hard Jungkook would still let him cuddle him when he gets to their age.

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: It’s up!!! I really thank you all for the support! I did not expect more than 30 suscribers so fast! Please leave comments on how I can improve, or if there was anything that you’d like me to write about! I’d love to know hehehehe. Thank you all once again! Sending all of you kisses from where I am! <3