The Kims

Wouldn't Trade This For The World

It was a typical day with the Kims. Really. 

 

The house was quiet, and the sun was shining beautifully through the curtains of their room. The shrill sound of an alarm sliced through the peace of the house as Seokjin painfully tore himself from dreamland to face the man of his dreams. Namjoon was still in deep sleep, dimples gracing his face as he grimaced a little at the alarm. Seokjin chuckled a little and stopped the alarm, carefully ninja-ing his way out of Namjoon’s long limbs that tangled him at night and creeped out of bed. (Not after pecking his husband on the lips and saying “goodmorning” because who resists those plump lips – only God knows if his sleeping beauty heard it though.)

It was the usual 7am thing for Seokjin – he hustled around the house a little, checking the twins’ room, then the baby’s room, and then the teens’ room.

All still asleep.

Good. It means preparing breakfast in peace.

 

….

 

I take it back. The twins’ crying definitely made Seokjin dash up in 5 seconds flat and into their room.

There goes my peaceful breakfast making.

Taehyung was bawling his eyes out, waking Jimin up. Jimin was still rubbing his eyes, and his brother’s back, who was now huddled into a ball near him.

 

Seokjin decided he would never get tired of this scene even though it was a little harmful to his ears.

He smiled and walked over to Taehyung, pulling him into a secure hug.

 

“Aww what woke my baby up this morning?” He cooed and Taehyung visibly calmed down.

“BIG BAD MONSTERS ARE HIDING IN OUR CLOSETS.” Taehyung hiccupped and clung onto Seokjin’s shirt like it was the only thing he had.

“Taetae no scared, Chimchim here to protect you!” Jimin chimed in and stood up, all signs of sleep slowly fading away as he hugged Seokjin’s legs (since he was too short to reach Taehyung while he was in Seokjin’s arms) and reached out his hands to pat Taehyung’s .

Their dad had to hold back a loving laugh in that situation, until a clumsy blonde came tumbling into the room – quite literally – had him laughing out loud.

 

*CRASH*

 

“OH MY GOD WHAT HAPPENED BABY TELL APPA AND I’LL DO ANYTHING FOR YOU.” Namjoon crashed into the door and kind of shouted before looking at Taehyung – safely in his husband’s arms – and Jimin on the floor behind tall legs.

All 3 pairs of eyes landed on him, shocked and amused. Namjoon stood up.

 

“Oh.. Aha. Erm…….” He sheepishly started. “….Good morning???”

 

The blush that came onto his tan face did not escape the eyes of his lover of 5 years as Seokjin laughed, strolling up to him with their baby in his arms and kissed him once again.

“Morning babe. I would appreciate a quieter entrance though.”

 

Namjoon just looked away in embarrassment after kissing his children and husband good morning.

 

 

Up until now it was still typical I swear.

 

Then, Jungkook’s turn came. “WAAAAHHHHHHHH! APPA!!!!!! HYUNG!!!”

His cries were heard and the two appas immediately turned their heads towards the crying.

 

Putting down Taehyung, they were going to run, but the crying stopped soon after.

 

“Aww bunny it’s okay. Hyung is here now! Hyung will beat up anyone that makes our Kookie cry.” Hoseok bounced his brother a little, cuddling him with a voice still soaked in sleep. It is effective in making Jungkook stop crying though.

“Yes baby. Hyung loves you even though you woke me up. Look I’ll make you a funny face! BLEHHH!” Yoongi was kind of trying. “OW. You did not have to hit me. AND I’M STILL YOUR HYUNG.”

“Hyung that’s not how you make Jungkook stop crying okay.”

“I JUST WOKE UP.”

 

Jungkook clapped his hands and giggled, obviously amused at his brothers’ argument.

 

“There there boys, I’ll handle Kookie, please go wash up and prepare for school! Oh and, you’ll have to help me with these two,” Seokjin started when entering Jungkook’s baby room, and pointed to Taehyung and Jimin stalking behind his legs, “while I prepare breakfast.”

“Nae Eomma”, the teens chorused before handing the baby to their mum and walking out, Yoongi holding Jimin, and Hoseok holding Taehyung.

 

Jungkook snuggled into his dad’s neck while they walked out to the kitchen and he was set onto the baby’s seat. A few blocks and a bottle of warm milk later, Jungkook was a happy baby and completely fine with being alone till he had more food to eat.

 

“OW” Namjoon stepped on a block the baby threw on the floor while filing into the kitchen with 4 kids behind him. “Baby seriously now. Don’t throw your blocks!”

Jungkook ignored his comment and laughed, throwing the block on the floor again.

Namjoon resigned to his fate and kissed his youngest one goodmorning before settling behind Jin’s back with arms around his waist.

 

15 years waking up to this scene and it’d never been better – 5 kids at the dining table, a loving husband and an interesting family. Namjoon and Seokjin shared a chaste kiss with the kids going “EWWWWWWWW” and they chuckled lightly, knowing they’d never trade this for anything (even if the kids think they are disgusting for kissing).

 

So yes, it was a pretty normal day. For the Kims at least.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: There! First chapter up super fast since it’s a brand new idea. It’s kinda all over the place and not read through but once I have the time I’ll clean it up. Pinky promise HEHE. The stories are probably not going to have much links but it definitely helps to read chronologically so y’all get the full idea if any links are made between chapters. I’ll mention it though! Hope y’all like this!