Chapter 3

Tainted

 

 

 

 

Yesung immediately shrinks up into a ball when there was a sudden blast of cold air around him, reaching out sleepily for the covers that had suddenly disappeared. However, when he failed to find them, he opened one bleary eye only to see a tall shadow by his bedside.

 

“…” he mutters, before closing his eyes again and turning onto his stomach to bury his face into his pillow. “It really...is too early….for me.”

 

“Get up.” A gruff voice says sternly. “You better get used to this because this will be how your mornings are every weekend.”

 

“But I need my beauty sleep….” Yesung whines, flopping onto his back as he finally opens both eyes, squinting a little to glare at the other.

 

“What beauty?” the other snorts.

 

“I swear to god Kyuhyun, I will shove whatever is already up your , further up if you don't shut up.” He huffs, reaching up and trying to snatch the covers back out of his trainer’s hands.

“You are wasting time. It’s already 6:30. You are half an hour late.” Kyuhyun grits out, jerking the covers completely out of the youngers grasp and throwing it to the ground. “You have five minutes to get ready.”

“Be patient,” The younger hisses, finally sitting up in bed. “I need at least half an hour.”

“No, you don’t.” Kyuhyun frowns.

“Um...yes I do? I think I know my morning schedule better than you.”

“Four minutes.”
Kyuhyun smirks when he saw the usually very stubborn boy scramble frantically out of bed towards the bathroom to get ready, stumbling and tripping over the mess of unpacked boxes and the covers Kyuhyun had thrown on the ground.

“You’re an !” Yesung shouts through a mouthful of toothpaste as he jammed the toothbrush into his mouth and tried to find his running sweatpants that were thrown carelessly somewhere.

“If it gets you moving, I’m glad to be one then,” Kyuhyun grins devilishly but quickly turns around out of respect when Yesung suddenly started stripping down in front of him.

“Ooo….how chivalrous of you.” The younger teases, but quickly regrets speaking when he accidentally spat out toothpaste, making a weird slurping sound as he tried to keep all the minty foam in his mouth while tugging sweats on hurriedly.

“Disgusting…” Kyuhyun mutters under his breath as he crosses his arms, tapping his foot impatiently as he checked his watch. “One minute….”

“This wouldn’t be happening if it weren’t for you rushing me!” Yesung shouts before gargling water like mad, trying to rinse out his morning breath. “And stop counting down!”

“30...29....28....27…”

A comically loud distressed screech falls from Yesung’s lips as he splashed water onto his face before quickly scrubbing his face furiously with a towel.

“10...9...do something about your hair...7...6..”

Yesung throws the towel he had in hand at the taller. “Stop it!” he whines as he rushes back into his room to dig through one of his many boxes, trying to find his comb.

“And Zero! Times up! Let’s go.” Kyuhyun says as he spun around, expecting a fully dressed and ready Yesung, only to see the younger sitting on the ground by a box, sulking with his shirt inside out and his blonde hair still a disheveled mess.

“You’re so mean…” Yesung sniffles pathetically as he threw down whatever he had in hand childishly.

Kyuhyun sighs and resists the urge to roll his eyes as he finally uncrossed his arms and walked towards the younger, towering over the others much smaller figure.
Why me? He kept thinking to himself. Why do I have to babysit a child?

Yesung frowns more when he noticed his trainers expression, knowing what the other was thinking. “I didn’t choose to be in this academy.” The blonde sniffs. “I just wanted a normal, human life.” he mutters sadly, but recoils a little when he realized that he used the term ‘human’. He sighs too, however, admitting defeat that he wasn’t actually human at all.

“None of us chose to be who we are either,” Kyuhyun says as he crouched down next to the younger. “But you just have to make the most of it.”

“It’s too much work to be a Dhampir,” Yesung voiced, scrunching his nose a little in disgust.

“Only if you make it to be. Training could be fun….ish.” The brunette shrugs. “Come on, don’t be like this. You’ve got a lot to learn before you turn 18.”

Yesung stares at him questioningly. “What happens when I turn 18?”

Oh my gods you have missed too much.” Kyuhyun groans, standing back up. “Your powers emerge around that age.”

“My what??” Yesung frowns, trying to fix his flopped shirt now.

“Your powers. As someone of the royal line, you have powers, princess.” Kyuhyun explains, finally giving in to the eye roll.

“Hey, don’t call me that!” The younger frowns, now running his fingers hastily through his blonde locks as he stood up too.

“Whatever you say, your highness.” The elder smirks as he gave the other a mock bow, earning a hard slap to the shoulder in which he let happen. “Are you finally ready now?”

“Is the sun up yet?”

“Not really, no,” Kyuhyun responds.

“Then I’m not up yet,” Yesung says shortly before crawling back into his coverless bed, and curls up into a tight ball in the center.

Kyuhyun takes a deep breath and closes his eyes for a moment, not really wanting to spend more time on swaying the childish boy. He reaches down and easily picks the other up, throwing him over his broad shoulders. The younger only let out a loud whine, but did not struggle otherwise, keeping his body completely slack as his trainer carried him out.

“You are a ing mess, you know?” Kyuhyun says, keeping a hand on the younger's lower back to hold him in place on his shoulders.

Yesung smiles to himself as he discreetly enjoyed the view of the others backside while mentally taking note that irritating the other can cause him to swear.

“Deal with it.”

 


 

“I think….” Yesung pants breathlessly, “I think I’ve….I’ve done enough running….now.” he says, his jogging now turning into an awkward stumble across the grass before coming to a complete stop before the brunette, leaning forward with his hands on his knees as he tried to catch his breath.

“Hmm,” Kyuhyun hums nonchalantly, clicking the stop button on his stopwatch. “5 miles in 28 minutes and 35 seconds.”

“Hey, that’s….that’s pretty good.” Yesung continues panting, reaching up to grab the others shoulder to stabilize himself. “I’m faster than average.”

“Yes, you are,” Kyuhyun says as he shrugs the others hand off. “For a human.”

He tucks the stopwatch back into his jacket pocket as he ignored the others angry grumbling. “You’re still considerably out of shape for a Dhampir. And you were only running laps on the track. Different terrains can affect your stamina. We need to cut your time by five minutes, so you’ll be going on morning runs with me every day before your day classes.”

“Um, I thought torture was illegal? Do I have the right to an attorney now?” Yesung says, using the bottom of his shirt to wipe sweat off his face, causing the other to look away again out of chivalry when he flashed the brunette his pale torso.

The blonde clicks his tongue in annoyance. “Don’t be such a wuss,” he says, reaching forward and shoving the elder lightly. “We’re both men here.”
However, the other still refused to make eye contact with him.
“I mean, unless you’re gay, then I can show you my body in all it’s glory.” Yesung laughs cheekily. “I’m teasing,” he grins when he noticed the other blushing a little, not expecting such a stoic person would become so fazed and embarrassed.
“However,” he starts again, deciding to have a little more fun with him as he leaned closer towards the elder so that his lips were near his ear. “If you really do sway that way, I wouldn’t mind helping you with those fantasies…”

Kyuhyun tries to regain composure again and brushes past the younger. “I have no time for your childish games,” he says as he heads back towards the academy. “Let’s take a break and grab some breakfast before we start boxing. You haven’t eaten all morning.”

“Food is for the weak!” Yesung shouts as he stumbles after the elder, but his stomach lets out a loud growl afterward, earning a shake of the head from Kyuhyun.

“You are weak.” Kyuhyun corrected pointedly as they entered the academy.

“Oh! Wrong!” Yesung pouts. “Fight me! Come on! Fists up!”

“I don’t think that would be wise,” Kyuhyun chuckled under his breath.

“Come on, I’m not weak! Fight me!” The younger continues, now throwing soft punches onto the elder’s back.

Kyuhyun suddenly spins around and shoves Yesung against the wall, pressing one hand to the wall behind the blonde as he leans in, towering over the younger. Yesung stares up at him with wide eyes, a little taken aback by the elder’s sudden actions.

“I don’t think,” he starts again, his face mere inches away from the smaller’s, “that would be wise…”

Yesung suddenly scrunches his nose cutely as he stared up at the other, their gazes meeting. “You’re so hot when you are irritated,” he says before tip-toeing and pressed a quick kiss to Kyuhyun’s lips and then slipping away easily and continued on his merry way, leaving Kyuhyun behind who had stayed frozen to the spot, the hand he had against the wall now clenching into a fist as he questioned his life decisions over and over again.


This job is going to be a lot harder than he thought.

 

 


A/N: Hey my lovelies! I know, it's a short update and it has been awhile. A lot has been going on in my life....T-T Sorry for the late update, and there is still no guarantee of constant or fast updates. Thank You for reading and please leave comments!