Chapter 17

Tainted

 

 

 

Yesung was soon moved to a safer location, away from curious and prying eyes in one of the smaller infirmaries that was not within Sector 6 (which was still being repaired).
However, there were still more people than Kyuhyun was comfortable with in the room, but it was inevitable because everyone there seemed to have an important role in this situation.

Except for Heechul. Heechul invited himself in.
And oddly so, ZhouMi was called into the infirmary as well with them.

“I believe you owe us all an explanation,” Heechul said lowly, glancing at Siwon who stood in the corner of the room, near the bed where Yesung lies.

They kept the room mostly dark so that Yesung could rest, the room dimly lit by a single lamp to allow a little visibility for the rest of them.

“In due time,” Siwon responded shortly, everyone watching in awe as his large feathered wings retreated into his back, disappearing from view.

“After what had just happened out there, I don’t believe you should continue hiding information from us,” Kyuhyun warned from where he stood on the other side of the bed, too afraid to touch the fragile boy.

Leeteuk suddenly steps forward though, a grim expression on his face.
“He has his reasons to keep secrets, you need to understand that,” he said quietly.

Kyuhyun turns with a glare, disregarding the fact that Leeteuk was older than him.
“You know something, don’t you?” he growled, jaw clenching a little when the younger stirred and let out a quiet whimper in his sleep.

“Yes,” Leeteuk answered with a sigh. “I knew his parents well, so I know of my god-son’s situation as well.”

“Then what is it?!” Kyuhyun said exasperatedly. “I’m sick and tired of seeing Jongwoon suffer over and over again! Do you understand how many times he has told me he just wanted a normal life?!” he shouts.

“We understand your frustration, Kyuhyun,” ZhouMi finally speaks up, having been standing in a corner in silence, lost in thought for awhile now. “But this is a situation that is out of your control, our control, so we need you to calm down for a second and hear his....reasonings.”

“Speak then,” Kyuhyun demanded sharply, turning to glare at Siwon now. “I need answers—”

A shuddering gasp from Yesung startles everyone as the boy suddenly sat up, eyes wide and unseeing as he glances around in a panic.

“Jongwoon,” Kyuhyun calls out softly, reaching forward to calm the frightened boy, but stops abruptly when the name that Yesung calls out for was not his again.

Sol !” the boy cries, reaching out into the darkness blindly.

Siwon was next to him in a blink of an eye, pushing past the stunned Kyuhyun quickly.
“I am here, La Luna.” he said quietly, pressing a fist over his heart as he bent down into a bow before the younger.

Kyuhyun let’s his hand drop as he watched the two, his heart aching at the fact that the one Yesung called out for when he was distressed, was not him.

Sol, it hurts,” the raven cried, pressing his face into his hands as sobs wracked his slender frame, his tattered raven wings quivering in pain. “It hurts so much…..please help me,” he begged.

Siwon reaches forward and presses his hand lightly to the boy’s forehead. A soft glow emits from his hand and engulfs Yesung in its warm light as the raven wings slowly retracted into his back.

But Yesung didn’t seem to notice as he continued to weep into his hands from the blinding pain that burned his body, tears falling from the crevices of his fingers.

Siwon suddenly turns and stares at Kyuhyun expectantly, Kyuhyun just staring back at him in wide-eyed confusion.

“He’s still in excruciating pain,” Siwon said, gesturing to the boy before them. “Help him,”

Kyuhyun splutters for a moment, confused and flabbergasted at the request.
“H-He asked for you! You’re Sol!” he stammered. “I can’t help him,” he adds in defeat.

“Yes, I am Sol,” Siwon agreed, crossing his arms over his chest as he tilted his head a little. “But you are as well,”

His words were followed by a heavy silence.
“I’m sorry, what?!” Heechul said in disbelief, “How can there be two of someone?! That’s not possible.”

“Well there’s only one way to really find out,” Leeteuk sighed before turning to face the astounded brunette. “Touch him, Kyuhyun. La Luna has finally completely awakened in Yesung. They are connected, so your touch will awaken ‘Sol’ from within you too,”

Confused and still a little dazed by what was told, he reaches out and gently touches the younger’s shoulder who was still too distracted by his pain to care about what was happening.

In an instant, he feels a surge of power and energy he had never felt before, his whole body engulfed in its surprisingly comforting warmth as a pair of white wings, identical to Siwon’s, sprouted from his back.

“Holy I’m gonna pass out,” Heechul gaped in awe, staring at his winged-friend in bewilderment.

“Blood,” Siwon urged quickly after Kyuhyun managed to regain a little of himself from shock. “He needs your blood, Kyuhyun. I’ll explain everything after you help him,”

Kyuhyun quickly obeys the request as he settles himself down on the bed besides the raven and brought his wrist up to his own mouth, biting into the thin flesh to draw blood. He reaches forward and pulls the crying boy into his arms, his heart aching some more at the sight of his suffering lover before pressing his bleeding wrist to the boy’s lips.  

Yesung was quick to attach to the source of relief, his hands falling away from his face to grab the wrist and press it closer to his lips as he drank the sweet, crimson liquid. Kyuhyun gently cradles him as Yesung leaned into the familiar and comforting chest, curling up closer to the elder as he ignored the world around him and focused on relieving his pain.

“Yesung is the reincarnation of La Luna,” Siwon starts, noticing that the younger was starting to calm down. He snaps his fingers once and the wings on Kyuhyun’s back disappeared in a puff of feathers, finding them a little distracting as he tried to explain everything.

“Who exactly, is La Luna? Or Sol?” ZhouMi questioned, finally choosing to speak up after a while of silence now.

“In the beginning of time, the gods first created La Luna, angel of darkness and night. But unlike what many think, darkness is not evil; it was only believed as something evil when mankind was made, because humans feared the dark and the unknown. In life, everything needs balance, so the gods created Sol, angel of light and day.” Leeteuk says, joining Siwon’s explanation. “Because La Luna was the first angel to ever be created, she was the most powerful out of all of the gods creations. La Luna was naturally curious, and was easily fascinated by humans, so she wanted to descend to the earth and live alongside mankind, and the gods granted her wish. But with such great powers come a heavy price, which is the blood of humans for sustenance if she wanted to walk the earth. The humans trusted her in the beginning, and willingly gave their blood for her as she had befriended them and earned their respect. She was treated like a goddess amongst humans, and in return for the blood, she bestowed those who gave her blood, strength and power by changing them into what we call now as vampires.”

“However, vampires were still required to drink blood to live, so they mated with humans in order to get rid of that trait but maintain their physical abilities, and created dhampirs. For many centuries, dhampirs served as soldiers and guardians to humankind, highly respected and honored. However, one dhampir tasted human blood and became addicted it. He began to kill humans for the blood, as well as recruiting weaker dhampirs and forcing them to drink the blood of humans to start a clan. Dhampir’s are not created to consume human blood, so when they do, they lose most if not all humanity within them, thus creating what we call demons now. And because of the many sudden deaths, mankind began to blame La Luna for the tragedies.”

La Luna was a kind and softhearted angel who had befriended mankind; she was the symbol of innocence and purity. So despite how afraid she became of them, she refused to harm them when they tried to kill her. Sol, partner and soulmate of La Luna, had never set foot on earth before, but he was sent to save her and bring her back to the heavens. Because of the dangers of having angels on earth due to their magnificent powers and abilities, the gods turned them into dhampir reincarnations instead. La Luna’s reincarnations however, have to be of the royal bloodline since they carry her blood, making them the best suited to contain and utilize her powers. Now every few centuries, reincarnations of Sol and La Luna, male or female, emerge in times of need.”

Kyuhyun just sits there for a moment, trying to retain and comprehend everything as Yesung finally released his wrist, his lips delicately as he glanced up at the elder who seemed too distracted by Siwon’s explanation.

“Nothing cataclysmic is going to happen though….right?” ZhouMi frowns.

“Not yet,” Siwon corrected. “Our reincarnations are here for a reason though,”

“Why are there two Sol’s then?” Heechul asked, brows still knitted together in confusion.

“As angel’s, we each have several suitable reincarnations, or also known as vessels, on earth at the same time every few generations. That way, in case anything happens to one of our vessels, we still have another to turn to, as well as we can move to different locations just by switching vessels. However, there is only one, out of many vessel’s, that is strong enough to hold and utilize all of an angel’s powers, which would be the angel’s main vessel.” Siwon explained.

“Then….is Siwon your main vessel, Sol?” ZhouMi questioned.

Siwon shook his head, turning his attention to the two on the bed.
“Kyuhyun is. That is why I told him to give Yesung his blood. My blood would be of no use to him,”

Kyuhyun stares back at Siwon in wide-eyed shock.
“I-I don’t understand,” he stammered, “Why didn’t you take me as your vessel then?”

“Your lineage, Kyuhyun.” Siwon said, a look of distaste evident on his face. “Your blood is not pure, it is…...tainted.”

“How is he tainted? I know he can be a , but he’s not a demon,” Heechul scoffed, kind of offended that Siwon would even call his friend that.

“You’re right, Kyuhyun isn’t,” Siwon agreed, moving closer to the bed. “But his father is a demon.”

There was a long moment of stunned silence as everyone turned to stare at the brunette, excluding Yesung who had been silent the whole time, resting against his lover’s shoulders quietly, letting Siwon do all the explaining.

“His father is a what?!” Heechul gaped, pointing at Kyuhyun in disbelief, earning a glare from the other.

Kyuhyun however, was only mildly surprised. His father had left him and his family when he was still a baby, and his mother refused to talk about him, so there could only be a few ideas as to what his father may be.  

“Angel’s rebirth on earth by claiming their vessels when they are still babies. Cho Kyuhyun was conceived when his father was becoming a demon, making Kyuhyun tainted as well. A tainted vessel is no longer suitable for me, so I had to go for the next best, which is the body of Choi Siwon. Kyuhyun, you are the physical form of Sol; Appearance, strength, and skill is the exact replica of Sol. But Sol’s mind, memories, and power is within Siwon’s now, despite me not being able to use my powers efficiently and at full capacity because he is not my main. Without my main vessel, I am significantly weaker. I can occupy your body eventually though, Kyuhyun, but only when your demon father is dead. However, I can only stay in your body and mind for short moments since your body is still corrupted from the tainted blood. This is why I have such a dislike towards you Kyuhyun, as well as why I do not want Yesung anywhere near you; you are tainted.” he explained, reaching forward a little to check on the raven, but Yesung turned away from his outstretched hand and buried his face further into Kyuhyun’s chest.

“Unfortunately I cannot get rid of you, since La Luna’s vessel seems to have grown attached to my main vessel instead of me,” he murmured distastefully.

Kyuhyun chose to ignore Siwon’s last statement, tightening his hold around the raven.
“Did you suffer as well? When your powers emerged?” Kyuhyun asked Siwon, glancing down before reaching up to gently wipe a smear of blood off the boy’s lips.

Siwon tilts his head a little in thought, watching as Yesung made himself comfortable in Kyuhyun’s arms. “Yes,” he answered shortly. “However, Siwon didn’t suffer as much as Yesung did when he turned 18. For Siwon, he had already connected minds with Sol since he was a child, and he knew of his destiny at a young age. La Luna’s powers are strong, much more powerful than Sol’s, so she was unable to claim her vessel until he has matured, and it takes a lot out of the vessel she claims. Becoming an official Celestial member through the ceremony tonight was the final step to her complete awakening. Yesung can do everything she can as well now.”

“That’s why when he turned 18, he ended up in the infirmary because he wasn’t strong enough to withhold La Luna’s powers yet. ” Leeteuk added grimly. “I’m sorry I lied to you about not knowing what was happening to Jongwoon. It was something that shouldn’t be revealed yet,”

Kyuhyun knew he should be more upset at Leeteuk, considering how afraid and panicked he got for the younger that day, but he chose to nod once in understanding instead. No use holding a grudge that was several years ago.

Yesung suddenly reaches up and grabs Kyuhyun gently by the chin to gain his attention, tilting the other’s face down a little so that their eyes would meet.

“I’m sorry,” Yesung murmured shamefully, finally speaking up.

Kyuhyun sighs softly, gazing into the younger’s blue eyes as he brought a hand up to caress his face gently. “Were these the secrets you tried to keep from me?”

Yesung nods once.
“As I said, really burdensome, right?” he said with a bitter laugh.

“Stop that,” Kyuhyun chastises, pressing his lips tenderly to the boy’s forehead. “It’s not burdensome.....you’re not burdensome.” he murmurs, feeling Yesung press closer in his embrace.

“What happens now then?” ZhouMi asks, crossing his arms a little, losing his usually cheery self.

Siwon sighs a little, expression grim as he and Leeteuk shared an uneasy glance, before reaching forward to gently run his fingers through the raven’s hair, Yesung finally not trying to dodge his touch. “We need to find the lost prophecy, and prepare for the worst.” he murmured. “Every time angel’s are reincarnated, a prophecy is born with them. The prophecy tells us how to defeat whatever catastrophe comes our way,”

“Where is it then, the lost prophecy?” Heechul questions. “And how do we find it?”

“It’s in the Holy Lands in the mountains,” Siwon said.

ZhouMi frowns a little at that information.
“It’s dangerous to reach the Holy Lands though. You need to survive the Forbidden forest in order to get there, and that place is full of monsters.”

“Yes, unfortunately so,” Siwon agreed. “I need a crew of willing Celestial’s to come with me on this mission.”

Yesung suddenly perks up at his words, pulling away from Kyuhyun’s hold abruptly.
“I’ll go!” he said, a little too excitedly.

No,” Siwon and Kyuhyun say sternly in unison, earning a pout from the raven.

“You can’t stop me,” Yesung snapped back, pressing a hand to Kyuhyun’s face and shoves him away roughly when he tried to pull him back down to rest.

“This mission is dangerous, La Luna.” Siwon said, expression serious as he stared down at the younger. “You’re not strong enough yet to make it through this journey.”

“Seems like he is back to his usual bubbly self though, now that he drank my blood,” Kyuhyun grumbled bitterly under his breath.

“Please? It will be my first mission!” the younger nearly begs. “I mean, I have you and Kyuhyun, right? Along with a couple of others? I’ll be safe! I’ve been training my whole life for this!”

Kyuhyun frowns a little.
“Who says I’m going?” he asks, raising an eyebrow questioningly.

Yesung’s eyes narrow at his words as he slowly turned his head to stare at the brunette.
“Fine, you stay and I go.” he said sharply.

“No! I mean, I was going to go anyways—” Kyuhyun says quickly, but Yesung just lightly shoves him away again as he turned back around to face Siwon, ignoring Kyuhyun now.

“Please, Sol. I can be helpful, you know I can.” he insisted, eyes wide and pleading.

“Why aren’t you asking me?” Kyuhyun muttered grumpily, offended that he was forgotten and  disregarded so easily.

“I’ll work on you later, now hush,” Yesung huffed, turning to give Siwon some more puppy eyes.

Siwon stares down at the raven stoically for a moment, debating if he should say no and end up having to deal with a stowaway Yesung later in their journey, or just say yes and make things simpler.

“I could send Donghae and Eunhyuk with you all, they’re two of the top Rank 1 Celestial’s here.” Heechul inserted helpfully, watching as Yesung brightened up gleefully at the suggestion.

The angel finally releases a small sigh, knowing that Yesung would get his way, one way or another. He was glad that the younger seemed to have gained some of his energy back after the blood transfusion, however he didn’t expect him to be so insistent and eager already.

“Fine,” he answered shortly. “The journey will start a week from today so that Yesung may have time to regain his strength. Notify the other crewmates soon, and gather all your equipment and necessities by then. I should stay out of sight and keep low for now, since Yesung and I had caused quite a commotion in the banquet hall this evening. I will keep in contact with you all through Yesung, ”

Yesung claps to himself happily with a small squeak of joy as Kyuhyun continued to sulk in the background, obviously displeased that Yesung didn’t allow his input in the matter.

“We should let him rest then,” Leeteuk inserts, the night feeling longer than necessary because of everything that has happened.

ZhouMi nods once in agreement, “He’ll need time to regain his energy before the long journey,” he said before turning to face Siwon. “Before we leave though, I believe it’s time to remove the spell you’ve put on Yesung’s ring, now that he is a full-fledged dhampir and a member of the Clan.”

Yesung’s eyes glistened in delight at that request.
“Can you really?!” he asked in excitement.

“Hm, I guess,” Siwon shrugged, “The ceremony tonight was your last step to becoming La Luna’s ideal vessel, so you are capable of controlling your powers now on your own.” he said, reaching forward to take hold of the hand that had the ring as Kyuhyun glowered at their joined hands.

“And here I thought you were a bad guy the whole time,” Heechul muttered to himself.

Siwon frowns as he glanced over his shoulders at the council member.
“What was that?”

“Nothing,” Heechul said with an innocent smile, watching as Siwon’s eyes narrowed at him in suspicion before turning his attention back to Yesung.

Siwon closes his eyes for a moment as he focused his energy on his and Yesung’s joined hands, murmuring the spell under his breath quietly. ZhouMi watches in deep interest when a golden glow emitted from their hands, before dissipating after a few seconds.

“There, that should do the trick,” Siwon says with a small smile.

By now, Yesung was a bouncing ball of sunshine, looking just as excited as a kid in a candy shop.

He feels the energy of his powers now without the binding spell, much smoother and calmer inside of him unlike before.

Wanting to test it, he brings his right hand forward and turns it palm up. In less than a second, a short blue flame bursts through his palm but stays within his control, flickering and dancing on his palm calmly.

“Look!” Yesung says excitedly, shoving his flaming hand towards Kyuhyun who quickly dodged it because the younger was too excited with his movements, nearly smacking the elder with the sapphire flames.

“Pyromaniac!” Heechul fake coughs in the background, earning a glare from Kyuhyun.

“I have a question though,” ZhouMi says, drawing their attention back towards him. “You are Sol right now, am I correct? Not Siwon?”

The addressed man nods once.
“I am Sol, yes. I have complete control of Siwon’s body currently, however he is still conscious in my mind. He sees what I see, hear what I hear, as well as share the same memories as I do. When I am not needed, Siwon takes control of his body again. The one who has been protecting and training Yesung is Siwon, and he understands and shares my beliefs so he carries out my requests for me; I only appear when I choose to, or when called for by Yesung. Currently however, I will be taking control of Siwon’s body more often now because I am needed.” he explained.

“So….I can be talking to La Luna instead of Yesung without knowing?” Kyuhyun frowns, not liking the thought of it all.

Sol shakes his head however.
“Trust me, you’ll know when you’re in the presence of La Luna,” he chuckles. “She tends to stay more dormant than I, and allows Yesung more freedom and privacy in his mind by staying quiet and ‘asleep’. She awakens only when Yesung calls for her, and takes over his body when Yesung gives her permission.”

“What is she like?” ZhouMi asks curiously, “Since you mentioned how we’ll be able to know when La Luna is in control of Yesung’s body?”

The angel grins at his question.
“Why don’t we show you instead,” he said, before turning to face the raven with a tilt of his head. “Yesung, if you may?”

The boy pouts a little, still not used to the feeling of having no control of his body but still fully conscious of every word and action.

He obeys the request however, and gently pulls away from Kyuhyun as he adjusted himself comfortably on the center of the bed, before closing his eyes to focus.

An awkward silence fills the room as they watched him, not really knowing what to expect, excluding Siwon.

The rest of them seemed to hold their breath in anticipation when Yesung’s eyes finally fluttered open again, his eyes glancing about the room curiously.

When his, or technically her gaze met Kyuhyun’s, a smile broke across her face.
Sol!” she exclaimed in childish excitement, to Kyuhyun’s surprise and confusion.

La Luna my love, I’m over here,” Sol chuckled, watching as she turned around to stare at the other vessel quizzically. “Ah right, I forgot,” she muttered, appearing to be a little saddened by the fact that Sol wasn’t in Kyuhyun (Sol pretends he didn’t notice).

She turns back to face Kyuhyun with a bright smile though, before reaching forward and pinching Kyuhyun’s cheek lightly as he stared back at her in shock and horror at her action.

“Gosh, you look so much like Sol though,” she murmured to herself, her hands skimming all over Kyuhyun’s face and body now, causing him to become very flustered at the moment. “This vessel looks exactly like you, Sol! Maybe even more handsome than your angel self!” she shouts, suddenly leaning in real close to Kyuhyun with a wide grin, their faces a mere inch away from each other.

“She’s childish,” Heechul whispered bluntly.

Sol turns to glare at the council member.
“She is the symbol of innocence and purity,” he corrected pointedly.

La Luna didn’t seem too bothered by the their conversation however as she continued to stare at Kyuhyun with a wide smile.

“Hi,” she said shortly to him, before leaning in and stealing a quick kiss from Kyuhyun’s lips.

Kyuhyun jumps in surprise at the action, a little too overwhelmed to react at the moment as he gradually got more flustered by each passing second. He could’ve dodged it easily, but he physically sees Yesung even though he’s not the one in control currently, and he would never dodge a kiss from the boy.

Sol didn’t look too happy about the kiss however, since La Luna was the one currently in control of Yesung’s body, and she was fully aware of her actions.

“I’ve heard a lot about you, Cho Kyuhyun,” she continues, tilting her head a little as she just stared at him now. “Jongwoon thinks you’re really hot and y, especially when you guys are training together. And he’ll never admit to this out loud, but he thinks you’re amazing in bed as well,” she adds with a sly grin, watching as the brunette turned an endearing shade of red.

“But don’t worry, he fell in love with your heart, not your looks.” she said, before adding “Or how good you are in bed,” with a quick wink before moving back away, finally leaving the poor flustered man alone.

Heechul sniggers in amusement in the background.

“Is there a reason why you have called for me?” she asks curiously, turning her attention back to Sol.

“They were curious about you,” Sol answers. “They wanted to meet the one who has caused them quite some trouble’”

“It is an honor to meet you, La Luna,” ZhouMi says with a gentle smile, him and Leeteuk dropping into a formal bow as Heechul just watched them boredly.

“Are you all Jongwoon’s friends?!” La Luna asks excitedly as she slid off the bed quickly to inspect the others as well, but staggers a little when she stood up, Kyuhyun and Sol reaching out immediately to catch her.

“My full awakening took quite a toll on my vessel….” she frowns to herself. “Sorry Jongwoon,” she adds sheepishly, reaching up to pat her own head in apology.

“They’re just his acquaintances, except for Leeteuk; he’s Jongwoon’s godfather.” Sol answered, ignoring the fact that La Luna was talking out loud to Jongwoon instead of through her mind.

She turns and stares at Leeteuk for a moment, an expression of thought on her face.
A small smile makes its way across her lips however, the quizzical expression dissipating into one of recognition.

“We finally meet again,” she says to Leeteuk.

Leeteuk simply smiles and nods once as he gave her a curt bow, earning a few confused glances their way (save for Siwon).

Her odd demeanor drops quickly however as she turned to face the rest of them, a huge grin in place on her face now.
“Hi! It’s nice to finally meet you all!” she said eagerly, trying to make her way over to them and probably do the same handsy-inspection she did on Kyuhyun out of curiosity, but Sol quickly reaches out and pulls her back.

“That’s enough for tonight,” he said sternly, watching as La Luna turned around with a pout. “Jongwoon is exhausted because of you, he needs to rest now. So return his body back to him.”

La Luna frowns a little, obviously upset that she couldn’t meet everyone properly, but she obeys the command anyways. “It was nice seeing everyone!” She said cheerfully.

The angel of darkness closes her eyes briefly to focus, returning Yesung back to his own body.
Sol sighs when he realized he should have reminded her to take a seat on the bed before switching minds, watching as Jongwoon’s body suddenly goes slack and falls backwards.

Kyuhyun reaches out and catches the raven quickly in surprise, lifting him back onto the bed.

In a few seconds, Yesung’s blue eyes fluttered open again, looking up at Kyuhyun with a blank stare.

“She kissed you!” was the first thing he said, enjoying the way Kyuhyun got all flustered again at the accusation.

“I—well….technically it was still your body!” the brunette stammered defensively, embarrassed that it was brought up again.

To be honest, Kyuhyun had never been so flustered or taken aback by something before. But yet again, Jongwoon always succeeded in bringing out a side of Kyuhyun that even Kyuhyun never knew existed.

Yesung reaches up and gives the elder a pinch to the cheek with a grin.
“You’re so cute when you get all ruffled and defensive,” he cooed, sitting up quickly as he watched his lover stutter helplessly.

“Alright, let’s call it a night,” Leeteuk sighed, seeing that Kyuhyun needed rescuing.
“Kyuhyun here looks just about ready to pass out from all of this information, and you Jongwoon, need to get some rest.” he said, watching as the raven frowns a little from having his fun ruined.

“You teasing him like that is not helping his poor heart either,” Leeteuk added pointedly.

Yesung just turns to give Kyuhyun a cheeky smile, batting his eyes innocently at him.
“Sorry,” he said sweetly, but the apology lacked sincerity because he enjoyed teasing Kyuhyun too much.

Kyuhyun found himself weakening under his lover’s sweet smile anyways though, the boy too adorable not to forgive.

“Ok love birds, get the outta here!” Heechul snaps, shooing a hand at the two irritably. “The last thing I need is more paperwork because of a dead dhampir due to over-exhaustion,” he said, narrowing his eyes at the raven who just stared back at him innocently.

“Please come by the infirmary again later tomorrow, Jongwoon. Leeteuk and I want to keep a close eye on your health for the next few days.” ZhouMi said as the two slid off the bed, Kyuhyun keeping a firm hold around the younger’s waist just incase Yesung might stumble again.

“I can go back to my own room?!” Yesung asks excitedly.

“Of course,” the spellcaster smiled as he stepped forward and presses a hand to the boy’s forehead to double-check his well-being. “You’re still weak and your energy is depleted, but a goodnight’s rest should bring most of it back. If sleeping in your own room is more comfortable for you, then you have my dismissal from the infirmary.”

Yesung had pulled away from Kyuhyun and was already hopping out of the room eagerly before ZhouMi even finished his sentence, only to stumble a little (as expected), not realizing just how little energy he had.

“I’ll take him back to his room,” Kyuhyun grumbled as he dragged Yesung out of the infirmary, all of them bidding the two a goodnight.

 

 


 

 

“Sungmin’s not back from the ceremony yet….” Yesung sighs sadly as he glances about the empty room after opening the door.

“Hm,” Kyuhyun grunted nonchalantly, leaning against the doorframe as he stared off into the distance. “The ceremony hasn’t ended yet, there’s another hour left.”

Noticing that he was receiving some unexpected attitude from the elder, Yesung turns around and stares at him for a moment with a lopsided grin across his face.

Kyuhyun ignores him for a good minute, continuing to stare at nothing in particular.
He finally caves in though after a long while of Yesung just grinning stupidly up at him.

“What.” He snapped irritably, finally looking down to meet the boy’s knowing eyes.

Yesung reaches up and cups the elder’s face, squishing and squeezing the man’s cheeks together as he continued to grin widely.

“Stop that,” Kyuhyun growled lowly, straightening back up. “What do you want?”

Yesung laughs lightly as he finally stopped his annoying ministrations and reached down to grab Kyuhyun’s hands, pulling him into the dark room.

“I should be asking what you want? Are you mad at me?” the younger asked, still laughing to himself as he closed the door behind them.

Kyuhyun chooses not to respond as he crosses his arms over his chest after the younger had released him, obviously upset about something as he sat down on the edge of the younger’s bed.

“Grumpy Kyu is a cute Kyu~” Yesung sing-songs, approaching the elder and bent forward so that he was level with him, enjoying all of this a little too much.

“I’m not grumpy,” Kyuhyun snaps, looking away from the younger. “You’re not allowed to go on the mission, end of discussion. You didn’t even bother to ask for my permission.”

The younger’s grin was still in place though as he wrapped his arms around the other’s neck and climbs onto his lap, the elder still refusing to give in and kept his arms firmly crossed over his chest.

“I thought we’ve already gone through this,” Yesung whines quietly, leaning in and pressing their forehead together. “I wanna go, and you know I’ll get my way no matter what,”

Kyuhyun scoffs a little.
“No, I’m not going to let you,”

Yesung reaches up and taps the elder’s nose lightly with smile.
“I know your weakness though, it won’t take much convincing.”

“Don’t you dare—” the taller glowered, but before he could say more, a pair of familiar lips were pressed against his own, swallowing whatever words of protest he had.

Kyuhyun could’ve sworn he had better restraint than this, but he was proven very wrong when he found himself kissing the other back hungrily, arms uncrossing as he grabbed the younger’s waist and pulled him closer.

The raven pulled back after a few seconds though, grinning when the elder let out a small sound of complaint.

“Is that a yes then?” he breathed, grin widening when Kyuhyun leaned up in search of his lips again, allowing only a quick peck before pulling away once more.

No,” Kyuhyun said sternly as he dug his fingers lightly into the boy’s hips.

“Mmm, no more for you then,” Yesung hummed, reaching up and pressing a hand to the elder’s face and shoves him back as he clambered off his lap.

Kyuhyun clicks his tongue in distaste as he watched the younger straighten back up, walking over to a dresser and pulls it open.

“That’s not fair,” he frowns.

“And not letting me go on the mission is?” Yesung retorted, digging through the drawer for a moment and pulls out a button-up pajama shirt. “I can be very persuasive though,” he smirked, pulling off the silk shirt, only to realize there were tears in the back from his wings. He frowns a little, sad that he ruined Kyuhyun’s gift….and such an expensive one too.

“You’re willing to deprive yourself of me? Just for the mission?!” Kyuhyun said, a little offended at the other.

Yesung just shrugs again as he pulled off his tight jeans, smiling to himself when he felt Kyuhyun’s eyes on him.
“Well if you’re going to be gone for awhile on the mission, I might as well get used to you not being around sooner,”

“I don’t think it works like that…..” Kyuhyun sighed, standing up to wrap his arms around the younger from behind as he pressed soft kisses along the younger’s neck and shoulder, caressing the warm, smooth skin with his lips.

He stops after a moment though and reaches up with one hand to let his fingers graze lightly over the boy’s new tattoo, admiring each intricate line of the crescent moon between his collarbones as he traced them with his fingertip, resting his chin gently on the younger’s shoulder from behind.

“Yes it does,” Yesung laughed, tilting his head to the side for the other as he reached up behind him and gently ran his fingers through the other’s hair, loosening the slicked-back hair.

Not liking his response, Kyuhyun gives his neck a sharp bite in punishment, enjoying the way the other flinched in his hold, but frowned when the boy pulled away to punch him lightly in the chest.

“Definitely no more for you,” the raven huffed, pressing a firm hand to Kyuhyun’s chest when he tried to approach him again. “I’m serious,” he said sternly, before turning around to tug on the pajama shirt and climbs into bed pantless, flopping over so that his back faced the elder as he pulled the sheets up and over his shoulders.

A frown makes its way across Kyuhyun’s face as he watched the younger get comfortable on the twin-sized bed without him.

“Move over,” he grumbled, tapping the boy’s back lightly.

Yesung just shakes the other’s hand off.
“No.”

Kyuhyun ignored him of course, and proceeds to climb into the small bed as well, squashing the smaller beneath him as the raven released a loud whine of complaint under the heavy weight.

“I’m staying with you tonight,” the elder stated as Yesung finally wriggled out from beneath Kyuhyun and moved closer towards the wall to allow him space.

“Who said you can?” Yesung huffs, “You have a perfectly comfy and large bed in your own apartment, Mr. Rich Guy.” he muttered, jerking the blanket out from beneath the elder. “I’m technically not even allowed to have visitors in my room past 10 p.m.”

“I’m above the rules,” Kyuhyun grinned cheekily, reaching forward and wrapping an arm around the boy’s waist from behind.

There was a moment of silence as Yesung tried to make himself comfortable again in the small bed that was now overcrowded with two bodies. He scrunches his nose a little though when he caught a whiff of Kyuhyun’s cologne, remembering that the other was still in his formal attire. Don’t get him wrong though, he loves the scent of Kyuhyun’s cologne, but currently it was too strong and it was starting to sting his nose.

“Get out of your clothes,” he said bluntly, trying to turn around to face the other with much difficulty due to the lack of arm space on the small bed.

“Why?” Kyuhyun smirks. “Can’t resist me any longer?”

Yesung stares at the other in disbelief as he raises an eyebrow in doubt and amusement.
“No, . Your shirt is torn from your wings and you’re getting my bed dirty.” he said, reaching up to the other’s dress shirt. “And I’m still going on the mission,” he added very quietly under his breath, remembering that they still haven’t finished their dispute.

“No, you’re not,” Kyuhyun said firmly, sitting up a little to pull the shirt off when the younger finished ing it, as well as tugging off his pants for better comfort. “I’m doing this for your own safety, Jongwoon.” he sighed, laying back down as Yesung threw the small blanket around them both.

“You can’t keep me cooped up here forever, Kyuhyun,” the raven muttered. “I joined the Celestial Clan for goodness sakes, I have to go on a mission, eventually. Otherwise I’d starve to death,”

“Jongwoon, it’s dangerous. Really dangerous. I’m sure you’ve heard many stories about the journey to the Holy Lands. I myself find it dangerous as well, and that says a lot about that place.”

“That’s not going to stop me,” the younger said with a roll of his eyes, scooting closer to the elder and throws a leg over his waist to pull their bodies tighter together. “We’re lover’s, that’s considered pretty dangerous in the Celestial Clan. But here we are, in the same bed together,”

“No, that’s different—”

“Just let me go, it’s not like you can stay away from me long either,” the younger quipped.

Kyuhyun scoffs again in disbelief, but then frowns a little when he realized it was actually true.
What a sad reality.

“Come on,” Yesung whined as he leaned in and pressed a tender kiss to his lover’s lips. “I’ll give you all the kisses you ever want,”

Kyuhyun sighs for the upteenth time that night as his hold tightened around the boy.
“Fine….” he muttered quietly, admitting defeat. The younger never did do as he was ever told to anyways, what difference would it make this time around. “But it’s not because of the kisses,” he adds quickly.

“See? Not much convincing to do,” Yesung said, a grin splitting his face as he rained some kisses onto Kyuhyun’s cheeks. “And it’s totally because of the kisses,”

“Don’t make me regret my decision,” the elder grumbled, hand sliding down to caress the smooth thigh that was thrown around his waist.

“Mmh, you won’t, because you get my kisses,” Yesung murmured, shifting their position so that he was on top now and straddling the taller man’s hips, leaning down to capture his lips again. “You love pampering me anyways,”

“Of course,” Kyuhyun muttered, running his hands up the smaller’s back delicately. “You’re my princess,”

Yesung’s nose scrunches at his words.
“You’re so ing cheesy,” he grumbled, reaching up with both hands to cup the elder’s face. “Stop it, because it’s not very Kyuhyun-esque,”

“It’s the rare Kyuhyun,” the elder laughed. “Appreciate it, because he shows up once every blue moon.”

Yesung just smiles, amused by the other’s joke.
“Hush then, Rare Kyu,” he murmured, leaning down and kissing him on the lips once. “It’s time for your reward for letting me go on the mission,”

Kyuhyun quirks an eyebrow in mild interest.
“A reward? I didn’t know about that,” he teases.

Yesung just shushes him again, pressing a wet kiss to the underside of his jaw before moving his lips back up and gives his ear a light nip.
“Do you want it or not?” he murmured, enjoying the small shiver that wracked the man’s body beneath him.

“I uh….yes?” Kyuhyun said hesitantly, but the raven didn't seem to care for an answer because he was quick to press their lips back together again.

Their kiss only lasted for a solid minute; passionate, heated, and messy, but Yesung didn’t focus much on his mouth before moving on, wet lips trailing down the elder’s throat.

A breathy moan escapes the elder’s mouth as his eyes fluttered shut, feeling the younger shift lower on his lap with each kiss, his skin burning with each press of lips to his bare chest.
He shivers again when the younger a trail back up his neck, feeling his warm and wet tongue against his heated skin.

Kyuhyun dips his head down a little to bring them back into a kiss, and biting on the younger’s swollen lips before slipping his tongue into the boy’s awaiting mouth, wrestling for dominance.

He pulls away suddenly though, reaching up with one hand to cradle the raven’s chin as he pressed his thumb over the boy’s pouting lips, stopping him from leaning in.

“Your roommate,” Kyuhyun panted, a little breathless from their actions.

“Shhh, he won’t be back for awhile, you said so,” the younger hushes, parting his lips a little as he gave the other’s thumb a light nip before letting the tip of his tongue dart out and the pad of it delicately, liking the way Kyuhyun’s eyes darkened in lust.

“,” was the only word Kyuhyun managed before he dragged the boy back down again, ravaging the younger roughly as he pressed a hand to Yesung’s creamy thighs and trailed it back up slowly, long fingers slipping in under the younger’s underwear to reach soft skin as their bodies began to rock together in need of friction. He gently cups the boy’s and gives it a hard squeeze, pulling a soft moan from the raven before slowly sliding his fingers —

“Yesung!”
The door suddenly bangs open, startling the two lover’s in the room greatly as they pulled apart quickly.

“Oh!” Sungmin gapes, mouth dropping open in surprise when he caught sight of the two in bed.
“Oh,” he repeats, realizing what he had just walked in on.
“Sorry,” he added quickly.

“Hi Sungmin,” Yesung said calmly with a smile as he straightened back up, gently removing Kyuhyun’s stunned-frozen hands off his as he slid off of his hips, the elder blushing lightly at the sudden intrusion. “Great acting out there by the way, back in the banquet hall.”

“Acting?!” Sungmin says in shock, rushing forward into the room and jumps onto the raven’s small bed, ignoring Kyuhyun’s presence as he squeezed onto it with them. “I wasn’t acting! I mean, I was expecting what would happen to you, but I was actually kinda worried too! I didn’t know you were going to pass out from the pain!”

Kyuhyun quickly retracts his legs and curls up closer towards the pillows to make space on the small bed, staring at the two confusedly as he was obviously not following the conversation at all. He was currently a little too preoccupied by how they nearly got caught in the act.

“What are you two talking about?” Kyuhyun frowns, pulling the blanket closer to him to cover his half- body.

Sungmin blinks once, staring at the eldest of them all blankly.
“Wait, you didn’t tell him?” he asks Yesung.

Kyuhyun’s frown deepens at his words, not liking that there were still more secrets apparently.

The raven just shrugs once, nonchalantly. “He would figure it out eventually.”

“Fine, I’ll tell him,” Sungmin huffs, before turning to face the perplexed Kyuhyun.
“Hello, I am Polaris, an angel of the heavens.” he greeted.

Kyuhyun stares at the other for a moment, not really knowing how to respond because his mind had been bombarded with too much information for one evening. He still technically hasn’t even accepted the facts from before, and here was Sungmin, stuffing more into his already-at-capacity brain.

“An angel?” he managed out dumbly.

Sungmin nods once with a smile.
“Following Sol and La Luna, the sun and moon, the rest of the angels are represented by stars. And me for example, I’m Polaris.” he explained briefly.

Kyuhyun continued to stare at the blonde blankly for a minute, before suddenly laying back down and turns to face the wall as Yesung laughed lightly.

“I’ve had enough for one night,” Kyuhyun muttered. “My brain hurts.”
He didn't want to deal with all of this so late in the night. He'd rather sleep on it, and have it hit him like a truck the following morning. 

Yesung releases a small sigh of sympathy for the elder, leaning down to press a soft peck to the man’s cheek who only buried his face further into a pillow, wanting to stay oblivious to the world.

“Would you mind if he stays tonight?” Yesung asked Sungmin quietly. “I can totally kick his out too if you want,”

The blonde laughs at the image.
“That would be funny to witness, but I don’t mind him staying,” he said, finally sliding off of the overcrowded bed. “You two have a goodnight,” he whispered. “Kyuhyun’s brain is probably about to explode, so I’ll let you handle that.”

“You have a goodnight as well,” Yesung smiled, watching as his roommate walked back to his side of the room, getting ready to head to bed as well.

Yesung slid back down into a resting position besides the elder as he tried to tug some blanket back onto his side, but the elder turns around sharply in bed and shifts so that he was laying stomach down on top of the smaller, restricting his movements.

“God you’re so clingy,” Yesung huffed, “and heavy!” he adds, trying to wriggle his way out from beneath, but that only caused Kyuhyun to nestle down even more.

“Shhh, this will prevent you from moving around so much in bed that you would end up punching me in my sleep again,” Kyuhyun hushed, closing his eyes as he pressed his face into the crook of the younger’s neck, finding Yesung’s scent comforting and intoxicating in his tired mind as he buried his nose further into the soft skin. “Goodnight Sungmin,” he called out to the other, a little muffled by his current position.

“Goodnight, Kyuhyun-ssi,” Sungmin replied back with an amused grin, sliding into bed as he watched the two wrestle a little for space on the twin bed.

“Goodnight, princess.” the elder murmured softly, barely a whisper as he tilted his head back and presses a tender kiss to his lover’s cheek, enjoying the small smile that crossed the younger’s face.

“Goodnight, my knight in shining armor,”

 
 
 
 

A/N: Hello my amazing Luckies! I really do want to apologize for such a late update! The Fall term has started for me and I should have done a better job of scheduling my classes so I wouldn't be as busy, but of course I was being dumb and decided to take on more credits than I can do :-) So as a reward for y'all being so patient, I made this chapter a little bit longer to hopefully satiate all of your KyuSung hunger ;D 

I also wanted to apologize for how this chapter was written. It's very roughly edited (only read through it once and fixed stuff along the way. I usually edit two or three times), as well as most of it was explaining stuff. It got too wordy and lengthy, but I needed to get some of that information out to start clarifying things. Hopefully this chapter helped answer some of your guys' questions!

On the bottom of this page, right before the comment section, I've included a poll for everyone! I'd like to hear what my Luckies want or expect out of this story :3 If none of the options are to your liking, please leave your thoughts in the comment section!

I really really really do enjoy reading everyone's thoughts and critiques! I will try my hardest to reply back to every comment from now on!
Thank you all for reading!
and Please leave comments!