Chapter 1

Tainted

 

 

 

Yesung held up a hand to reject when his classmate offered him another beer, having had enough liquid sloshing in his system as is. He had only agreed to come to this party because he was dragged out by his roommate who claimed he was too ‘anti-social’. Yesung wasn’t a huge fan of crowds, let alone a party of people packed into one house. He had only accepted one beer about an hour ago, and he wasn’t ready for another considering how much of a lightweight he is. He heads for the front door after excusing himself from his roommate’s group of friends, pushing past drunk and gyrating bodies. He bats a few drifting balloons away from his face as he finally manages to stumble out the front door, the loud music still deafening as he strided across the unkempt lawn, kicking some empty beer bottles away in the process of trying to clear a path. It was well past midnight, and the only light was coming from a flickering street lamp and a full moon overhead.

He feels someone throw an arm around his shoulders as he trudged across the lawn to head back to his dorm room, causing him to jump in surprise.

“Heeyyy pretty….” The stranger slurred as Yesung tried to shove the other off. “Ya leavin’ already? The party has only just begun!”

“I’m not feeling too well,” Yesung lies, successfully throwing the arm off from around him, but that only caused the other to be clingier, grabbing Yesung’s shirt tightly and jerking him closer.

“Come on, pretty. Stay a little longer and have some fun with me, eh?” the stranger grinned.

Yesung frowns, ready to swing a punch and knock the living daylights out of him when the man was suddenly jerked back and knocked to the ground in one swift motion. Yesung’s jaw drops a little as he gapes at the motionless body on the ground. He was unsure if he should thank whoever saved him, or report a murder. However, he did neither when he looked up at his savior and his eye caught the familiar symbol on the others neck.

His blood ran cold and he sobered up pretty quickly as he took a small step back, his eyes wide in fear. The other must have sensed his shock and immediately lunged for him, but Yesung was quicker and swung a kick at his head, successfully sending him towards the ground and knocking him out, two unconscious bodies now on lying on the concrete sidewalk before him.

He takes off running not a second later, sad that he couldn’t admire his handiwork of such a nicely executed attack, knowing full well there was going to be more soon.

“!” Was the only word Yesung managed out when he was suddenly knocked backwards, not expecting there to be another already. He turns mid-fall like how he was trained to and catches himself with his hands and does a quick hand spring backwards, landing clumsily on his feet.

“ah, me.” Yesung mutters under his breath, feeling his back complain already from the lack of practice.

“Quite agile, aren’t you?” The attacker says sarcastically as he steps out from the shadows, crossing his arms across his chest as he gives Yesung a quick once over.

Yesung’s nose scrunches a little in irritation at the others comment as he presses a hand to his lower back and does a weird little stretch. “What do you want?” he snaps, continuing his little stretches as he studied the man before him too. He was tall, much taller than Yesung is, to his disadvantage. He looked fairly young, but definitely older than Yesung. The man had quite the lean and muscular body that was clad in black leather, and admittedly, very attractive. He had messy brown hair, giving him the ‘bad boy’ look, matched with a pair of golden brown eyes that was still staring at him quizzically.

“You know quite well what I am here for,” The other said, his arms still folded firmly across his chest.

“ah…..but do I?”  Yesung sneered, making a show of stretching now by lifting his arms up high and leaning left to right. “Care to refresh my memory?”

“Cho Kyuhyun, rank 1 of the Celestial Clan, and I’ve been assigned to bring you back to the academy.” He responded calmly. “….safely.” he added.

“Now why would they send such a high ranking member after me? Don’t you have better things to do? Like protecting the royal family line or something?” Yesung says, feigning curiosity. “And has anyone cared to ask if I want to go back?” he frowns, moving on to thigh stretches.

“Do not make this harder than it needs to be.” Kyuhyun says, finally uncrossing his arms.

Yesung clicks his tongue once as he tilted his head to the side a little. “I’m gonna safely assume that when you say ‘harder’, you mean we gotta fight,” he sighed as he glanced at his feet. “aw man, I’m wearing my nice shoes today too.” However, there was already a small smear of blood from when he kicked his attacker earlier on.

He bends down and proceeds to remove both of his shoes, displaying his beautifully mismatched socks of a black-white striped sock, and a solid neon green one. He proceeds to move his attention to the other’s shoes now, noticing that they were combat boots. “Can I borrow your shoes for a moment?”He questions, pointing at them.

The short “no” he got from Kyuhyun was the only warning he received before the taller lunged at Yesung to attack first. Yesung grabbed the other’s extended arm and pulled it towards his own body, jerking the other forward as he swung a punch with his free hand. Kyuhyun dodged the attack easily while jerking his arm out of the smaller’s grasp and swung his elbow towards his jaw. Yesung ducked just in time, Kyuhyun’s elbow grazing his hair, but Yesung did not expect the fist that suddenly met his abdomen, knocking the air out of him.

He stumbles back as he tries to gasp for breath, only to be met with another punch to the face, sending him onto the ground, his fall barely softened by the grass that he stumbled onto. A strong hand grabs his jaw and pushes his head back into the grass, holding Yesung firmly but not painfully in place as Kyuhyun hovered over him.

“There’s so much that I could do to you right now for resisting, but I was told to bring you back unharmed.” Kyuhyun says, still looking surprisingly calm and unfazed, while Yesung was a panting and bleeding mess already.  

Please do tell me what you’d like to do to me.” Yesung grins teasingly, blood seeping out from the corners of his mouth. “I’ll be legal soon, sweetie.” He says, sending a quick wink up at the other.

Kyuhyun didn’t seem to be amused by the innuendo as he finally released Yesung’s jaw, but still stayed on top of him to hold him down as he reached into his jacket pocket and pulled out a pair of hand cuffs.

“Oooh, ….” Yesung mutters as he feels the cuffs lock around his wrists. Kyuhyun gets back up onto his feet again and pulls Yesung back up swiftly too, holding the smaller firmly by the forearm as he lead him somewhere.

“Don’t you dare try to escape again. You’ll just be wasting your energy.” Kyuhyun says sharply when he heard the jingling of chains from Yesung tugging at the cuffs.

“Nah, I’m not plotting anything. I just thought these would be a lot better if they were pink, fluffy, and you know…..easy to break out of.”  Yesung shrugged. He grins when he sees the other roll his eyes and shake his head as he opened the door of a black car that pulled up next to them from seemingly nowhere.

“In,” Kyuhyun said sharply and Yesung grumpily agrees as he slides into the luxurious car, making himself comfortable on the leather seat, soon followed by Kyuhyun.

Majority of the ride was quiet and awkward on Yesung’s part, and he didn’t even get the luxury of looking out the window because they were all tinted black, the only source of light coming from the moonroof.

He falls back against the seat with a bored huff as he reaches up to dab at the blood from around the corners of his lips. He then proceeds to lean over and attempts to wipe the blood off onto Kyuhyun’s shoulder, only to be stopped with a cold stare and shoved back away. Yesung lets out another angry huff and childishly shoves the other back, in which Kyuhyun finally resorts to using his hands to hold the smaller away. Yesung swats the other’s hands away, but Kyuhyun was probably just as stubborn as he, and continued to push the smaller away from him, causing a small scuffle to occur in the backseat.

However, the aggressive tangle arms finally comes to a halt when Yesung grabbed Kyuhyun’s left hand to stop his shoving, his eyes falling upon a familiar symbol on his wrist.

Kyuhyun notices Yesung’s sudden change in expression as the smaller stared at his wrist, his movements subsiding.

Yesung’s jaw clenches as his fingertips graze lightly over the symbol, the black ink of the tattoo seeming to glow under what little moonlight was streaming in through the moonroof.
On Kyuhyun’s wrist were the Celestial Clan’s symbol; a moon and a star.
What used to be a symbol that Yesung really looked up to as a sign of a warrior, now became a symbol of darkness for him. He remembered, as a child, that he would train hard and obey anything and everything given to him. He so desperately wanted to grow up and be a part of the Celestial Clan—the one Clan that his parents were so loyal and dedicated to. However, a mission gone wrong forever changed Yesung’s life. His mother was captured during a mission and was held hostage by the enemy, and disregarding the first law of ‘Mission comes first’, his father withheld a file of information he had obtained during the failed mission from the clan in exchange for his wife’s life. The Celestial Clan was displeased but understanding, and was in the process of plotting a rescue plan when his father was murdered. The assassin was unknown, but assumed to be from an allied clan because painted on the walls of the room where he was killed, was the word ‘TRAITOR’ in the victim’s blood.  And before the rescue plan could be carried out, the body of Yesung’s mother was discovered by the banks of a river when the file was failed to be sent back on time. The file had disappeared on the night of his father’s death, and there was no trace of who had taken it, or what information the file held.
Yesung stayed for a few more years at the academy where he was training, before he realized that he no longer had a purpose to stay, and ran away on his fifteenth birthday, changing his name to hide his tracks.

That was two years ago.

Yesung finally releases the other’s hand who had so patiently allowed him to hold for awhile when he realized that the car had finally came to a stop.

Kyuhyun got out first before walking around to open the door for Yesung, who begrudgingly slid out of the car, his socked feet meeting soft, wet grass.
And there before him was the academy, still as big, old, and haunting as ever.

Kyuhyun closes the car door and watches it drive off before crossing his arms over his chest, his eyes following Yesung’s gaze to the academy.

“Welcome back, to Pugnator Academy, Kim Jongwoon.”

 

 

 


 

*A/N: What is up my lovelies?! I'm back with a very short chapter with a lot of questions left unanaswered! Answers will be coming soon in the next chapter though! This chapter is unedited, so please excuse any grammatical or typing errors (And my rustiness). Please subscribe and/or leave comments! That would be greatly appreciated ♥