Chapter 16

Tainted

 

 

 

“You really didn’t have to leave training for me….” Yesung said quietly, glancing over at his roommate.

Several hours after what had happened in the training room, Yesung stayed hidden in his room with his roommate to keep him company, not wanting to deal with other people for the rest of the day.

Sungmin simply shrugs, plopping down onto his own bed.  
“Gives me more time to prepare for the Welcoming Ceremony tonight,” he grins.

The raven lets out a small groan, turning over onto his stomach as he buried his face into his pillow.

“Did you forget about it?” Sungmin laughs, turning to face the other. “It’s quite an important event, how could you forget?!”

“I don’t know,” Yesung murmured, a little muffled by the pillow. “My mind is a jumble currently, and I don’t see the big deal about it to be honest,”

Sungmin sighs as he shakes his head at the other for being so forgetful.
“Well for starters, the ceremony is the last step to becoming an official member,” Sungmin said, “the ritual of receiving the tattoo is actually the main part of this evening. They’ll draw blood from your hand and let it drip into a bowl, and using your blood, they’ll put a spell-bound seal into the blood bowl before pressing the seal onto your skin. If the full celestial symbol appears on your skin, you become an official member. If only the star appears, you’re not deemed worthy enough yet and will have to go through further training under the Clan’s guidance until the next Welcoming Ceremony.” he explained.

“Has there been cases of only stars?” Yesung asks curiously.

“From what I’ve heard, each year there’s actually quite a few that do.” Sungmin shrugged, “By the next year though, most make it in and become official members.”

Intrigued by the topic, Yesung opens his mouth to question some more when a sudden knock at their door interrupts him. Curious about who may it be, Sungmin gets up from his bed since he was closest to the door and heads towards it as Yesung sat up as well.

He opens the door to see their resident assistant standing there, looking a little grumpy with a package in hand.

“Here, it’s for Kim Jongwoon,” the other grunted, shoving a white box with black ribbons around it towards Sungmin. “I don’t usually do this because I’m not a delivery boy, but I can’t turn down a request from a superior.” he muttered as the blonde accepted the package. “Also because he paid me a hefty amount for running this errand for him.” he added quietly under his breath.

“Who's Him?” Sungmin questioned curiously.

“Cho Kyuhyun,” the resident assistant sighed in irritation, not wanting to linger about anymore as he turned and left before the other could question him any further.

“Who was it?” Yesung asked, crossing his legs on his bed as he hugged a pillow close, watching his roommate close the door while staring at a package he had in hand.

“Our RA,” Sungmin answered as he ran a hand through his blonde hair, walking over to the raven and handing the package to him. “It’s for you,”

Yesung frowns a little, not really expecting to receive anything from anyone.
“Who’s it from?” Yesung asks, accepting the package hesitantly.

“Open it,” the other grinned, “Maybe it’ll say inside,”

Yesung just narrows his eyes at his roommate, knowing full well that the other knew who it was from.

He made quick work of the black ribbon that was tied securely around the sturdy box before reaching to remove the lid, but pauses abruptly.
“What if it’s a bomb,” he said jokingly, watching as his roommate rolled his eyes.

“Don’t be ridiculous,” Sungmin said, reaching for a bag of chips he hides under his bed since their dorms didn’t allow food inside rooms. “I hear he could be a huge , but I doubt he would ever do that,” he said.

“So you do know who it’s from!” Yesung says with a narrow of his eyes.

“Oops,” Sungmin said nonchalantly as he popped open the bag and crunched loudly on the chips. “Sorry my mouth is full, can’t tell you who.”

Yesung just gave him a look as he finally lifted the lid off the box, Sungmin leaning in closer to the other’s bed curiously as he shoved another handful of chips into his mouth.

“What is it?” the other asked, eyeing the package interestedly.

Yesung just shrugs a little as he stared at what seemed to be some wrapping tissue paper.

“Hurry up and open it, you’re getting me antsy,” Sungmin huffed as he got up and moved over to the raven’s bed, plopping himself down next to the other.

“Why are you more curious than me?!” Yesung asked with a small laugh as he inspected the outside of the box. “It doesn’t indicate who it’s from,” the raven frowned, turning to look at his roommate who reached forward and shoved a chip into Yesung’s mouth. “Hurry up and just tell me who it is,” he said through the mouthfuls of chips the other was still shoving at him.

“No,” Sungmin answered shortly. “I wanna see what’s inside, it’s a fair trade,” he said, knowing that the other might reject the gift once he realized who it was from. “God I hope it’s some y lace lingerie,”

“We’re not friends anymore,” Yesung muttered, earning a glare from the blonde boy beside him. “Fine,” he finally said in defeat and pulls away the tissue paper to reveal what was inside.

Sungmin’s eyes widened at the sight of the gift.
Whoa!” he gasped through a mouthful of unswallowed chips as he wiped his hands carelessly on his pants, earning a look of disgust from Yesung.

“What’s wrong with you?” the raven muttered quietly under his breath as he pulled out the item,  to see that it was a silk button-up shirt. The color was of a dark navy blue, the fabric extremely soft and smooth to the touch. Admittedly, Yesung found the shirt quite stunning as well.

“That is expensive!” Sungmin said with wide eyes, reaching forward to gently touch the sleeve, admiring the silkiness and lustre of it. “This fabric is extremely costly! And to make it into a shirt can cost thousands!”

Yesung slowly turns to stare at Sungmin in astonishment, surprised by the price of the gift and how well Sungmin was at identifying luxury goods.
“Holy ….” he muttered under his breath in shock, slowly setting the shirt back down, a little too afraid to touch it now.

“Wait there’s more,” Sungmin said quickly, gently pushing the shirt aside to reveal a black choker made of the same material. “Damn, how much does he ing make?!” Sungmin said in awe to himself.

“Alright, now that you’ve seen everything, tell me who the sender is,” Yesung huffed, crossing his arms firmly over his chest. “We made a deal,”

“Cho Kyuhyun of course,” the other said simply, still the soft material in wonder. “You better keep this because this is too good to be real,”

Yesung’s expression suddenly turns sad at the mention of the other’s name, his hands falling back down onto his lap. “No, I’m not accepting anything from him,” he murmured. “Especially not something as expensive as this,”

“Why not?” Sungmin frowns, “I know you’re still mad at him, but you’ll just hurt each other more by rejecting it,” he said. “Anyways, he has good taste because I think you’ll look amazing in it,”

Yesung sighs softly, knowing that the other was right about turning down the gift, but he didn’t want to admit to it as he stared at the pricey present before him.

“There’s a letter too,” Sungmin pointed out, pushing some tissue paper away to reveal a black envelope. He snatches it up before Yesung could even react and pries the thin paper open, ignoring the raven’s protest as he pulled out a black card with golden letters written in neat handwriting on it.
Congratulations, princess,” he read as the raven blushed a light crimson. “Awwwww, that’s so cute!” his roommate cooed.

“Stop that,” Yesung murmured, feeling his ears burn in embarrassment when Sungmin shot him a smirk.

He was genuinely thankful that his roommate was actually supportive of his and Kyuhyun’s relationship, and that he stood up for him when the other clan members started harassing him over it, but Sungmin really didn’t need to know the cheesy details of their relationship.

“Come on, the ceremony is in a few hours, so let’s get ready,” the other said eagerly, hopping off the bed. “Seeing your outfit is making me jealous and excited already,

“We don’t need several hours to get ready,” Yesung said with a roll of his eyes, refusing to get up when his roommate tugged at his arm. “And I really don’t want to accept this gift….”

“No come on,” Sungmin whined, tugging harder. “I want to put some makeup on you and style your hair according to the outfit,”

The raven’s face scrunches a little disgust at the thought of being dressed up.
“No.” he said sternly.

But an hour later he found himself sitting in a chair in front of a mirror with Sungmin frolicking around him happily, patting some light makeup all over his face.

“Don’t worry, you have really nice skin,” the other mused with a smile, “You don’t need that much makeup, just some eyeliner.”

“You’re not putting that anywhere near my eyes,” Yesung warned lowly upon seeing the finely tipped charcoal pencil.

“I’ll be careful,” Sungmin dismissed as he reached forward, wrestling with his roommate for a minute before Yesung finally gave in and sat as still as a statue, too afraid to even breathe.

“There! Stunning!” Sungmin said proudly after a minute of (in Yesung’s opinion) poking his eyeballs out, the raven finally opening his eyes again.

Yesung stares at his reflection for a moment, checking out his roommate’s handiwork.
Admittedly, Sungmin did a good job. There wasn’t a huge change in his appearance, but the little bit of makeup accentuated his best features and covered any small flaws.

“I did well, didn’t I?” the other said with a proud smile.

“Yes,” Yesung muttered begrudgingly. “Hurry up and go get ready yourself!” he laughs, noticing that the other had spent more time on him rather than himself.

“No wait I want to see you in the full ensemble!” Sungmin said, picking up the navy shirt and choker, handing it to the raven.

The raven stares at the articles in distaste for a moment, mentally telling himself that even his life wasn’t worth as much as the silk shirt before him.
But when Sungmin persistently shoved the clothing forward again, he accepts it with a small huff, Yesung snatching the items out of the other’s hand to change into begrudgingly but quickly.

“Gosh, why are all royal dhampirs so beautiful,” Sungmin sighs blissfully when Yesung turned back around to reveal his full outfit, matching the silk articles with a pair of tight-fitting black slacks. “The shirt really brings out the color in your eyes too,” the blonde added.

Yesung just laughs lightly, reaching down to grab the other’s hands.
“You’re cute, so use that to your advantage tonight,” he grins, pulling the other towards the closet to get him dressed as well.

“Wait, hold on,” Sungmin said quickly, turning Yesung around so that the raven faced him. He reaches forward and s a few buttons from the top of the silk shirt, Yesung blushing a little as he reached up to cover the little bit of exposed skin.

“There, now you look formal but y,” the blonde said with a proud grin, trying to remove the hand Yesung had brought up to cover his uncovered chest. “You should put your Celestial tattoo right….there,” he said as he pointed and pressed a finger between Yesung’s collar bones. “It’ll be pretty there, and easily concealable,”

Yesung frowns a little as he glanced down at where the other was pointing at.
“Why not my wrist? That’s the most popular place to put it,”

“You gotta be different, Yesung, you should be unique.” the blonde smiles, “The tattoo should be  placed where it can reveal your best features, which is your face,” he shrugged. “And you have nice collar bones so you gotta accentuate that too,”

Yesung couldn’t help but to laugh at the other’s explanation. “Alright,” he agrees. “Where are you going to put yours then?”

“The nape of my neck,” the other said, turning around and pointing to where he wanted it. “I have a good backside,” he said with a quick wink, earning a fit of giggles from the raven.

“I’m gonna get dressed now,” Sungmin said quickly, throwing open the closet door and snatching some clothes out. “If we hurry and show up a little bit early, we can probably steal some food before the crowd arrives,” he said, garnering more laughter from the raven.

 

 


 

 

“Thought you said these types of gatherings weren’t ‘your thing’?” Heechul sneered from the couch he was sitting on, resting his chin upon a fist as he watched the younger.

“They’re not,” Kyuhyun retorted back simply, pulling on a black dress shirt.

“What are you doing dressing up then?” Heechul continued to prod, knowing that he was starting to irritate the other.

“You know why,” the brunette sighed as he fussed with the sleeve button, trying his best to keep calm. Having to dress up was already a nuisance, and a persistently nagging Heechul on top of it all was even more annoying.  

“Yes, but I also know that Yesung is still upset with you,” the elder smirked, standing up from the chair as he pulled one of Kyuhyun’s drawers open. “You think dressing up all handsome is gonna sweep him off his feet again? He may be small, but I doubt he’s that weak.”

No,” Kyuhyun said irritably, “I just want to be there for him, Heechul, he has no one else; no close friends, no siblings…...no parents,”

“Like you?” the elder asks, pulling out a maroon tie and brings it up to the younger’s neck before shaking his head when he deemed it a bad match, throwing it behind his shoulders carelessly as Kyuhyun’s lips pull into a thin line of vex, staring at the now abandoned tie on the ground.

“Well…..yes,” Kyuhyun muttered, brushing the elder away in annoyance when he brought up a dark gray tie instead, not wanting to wear a tie at all. “But also because I love him,”

“What are you gonna say to him when you see him then?” Heechul asked, tossing that tie behind his shoulders as well, earning him a glare from the younger because Kyuhyun is going to be the one who has to clean the mess Heechul is currently making.

Baby come back to me! Or please, you are the sun of my life!” he said, acting his words out dramatically.

“Stop that, don’t be ing ridiculous,” the brunette snapped, pushing the elder aside as he approached his full body mirror to check his appearance.

“Fine,” Heechul huffed, deeming Kyuhyun a party-pooper. “Do something about your hair,” he said, reaching up and pushing the younger’s bangs back. “Show your forehead for once, you’ll look less intimidating because we can ing see your eyebrows and expression better.”

“That’s unnecessary,” he said dismissively.

The elder just clicks his tongue disapprovingly at the younger with a shake of his head.
“You wanna appear more approachable tonight if you want to actually have a proper talk with your little pyromaniac,” he said as he entered the younger’s bathroom, digging around some cabinets for hair gel, genuinely surprised when he actually found some. “You’d scare him away before you could even say his name,” he said, swiping a good amount of the thick gel out and runs his fingers through Kyuhyun’s hair, pushing the hair back and away from his forehead.

Kyuhyun just sighs in defeat as the other fussed with his hair, knowing how nitpicky Heechul could get over people's appearance since he was quite a diva.

“Hurry up,” he said in annoyance, trying to push Heechul away when he continued to fuss over his appearance, pushing down a few stubborn strands. “Donghae and Eunhyuk are waiting for us still,”

“Almost…....and done!” Heechul said, clapping his hands together proudly after he managed to get the other’s hair styled properly.

Kyuhyun just sighed again, staring back at his foreign reflection for a moment before turning around and brushing past the elder to get to the door, tugging on a pair of black dress shoes.

“Wait wait wait!” Heechul calls out suddenly, but the younger continued on anyways, choosing to ignore him now. “You gotta smell good too!” he shouted, chasing the younger as he snatched a bottle of cologne off the younger’s nightstand and aggressively sprays Kyuhyun’s back with it, Kyuhyun immediately bringing a hand up to cover his mouth and nose when Heechul continued to shower him relentlessly with the heady and potent fragrance.

“You’re gonna suffocate us all,” Donghae said when Kyuhyun flung open his room door, his nose scrunching a little at the intoxicatingly strong smell of Kyuhyun’s cologne that Heechul abused by overspraying it.

I think it smells good,” Eunhyuk murmured, taking a little sniff of the air. “What’s the brand?”

“You all are so annoying,” Kyuhyun grumbled lowly, holding his breath a little as he tried to walk away from the cloud of cologne that was now following him. “I don’t know why I kept you guys as my teammates.”

“Because you personally trained me and deemed me worthy as a work partner,” Donghae said sweetly, batting his lashes up at Kyuhyun. “I don’t know why you kept Eunhyuk though either,” he added.

“Because I’m strong,” Eunhyuk said with a huff, “Donghae is the smart one, and Kyuhyun is the freak who can do everything, so I’m the muscles in this crew,”

“What about me then?” Heechul asked curiously, shoving them aside so that he walked in the middle.

“You’re pretty useless in this group,” Kyuhyun sneered as they made their way to the banquet hall, the distant sound of orchestra’s playing gradually getting louder as they got closer.

“Hey! I join some of your missions!” Heechul said defensively. “Also, I’m the information gatherer because I’m part of the council, so I’m pretty useful,” he said with a flip of his hair.

“Fine, you play a small role in our group, a very small role.” the brunette said, turning to give the other a devilish grin.

“See if I ever help you again,” Heechul grumbled grumpily under his breath as they entered the banquet hall.

A few had glanced their way upon their entrance.
However, upon seeing the famous face who had joined them, they began to garner more attention as many eyes suddenly turned to stare at them in surprise, not expecting Kyuhyun to ever show up to such a social gathering. The crowd didn’t even bother to hide their shock.

“Wow, what an entrance,” Donghae muttered quietly, side-stepping away from Kyuhyun a little with Eunhyuk to avoid being the center of attention, while Heechul was gladly basking in all its glory.

The brunette clears his throat awkwardly as he continued his way in, ignoring the many pairs of gawking eyes and gossiping lips, his eyes darting about in search of someone.

Kyuhyun found his lover almost immediately in the crowd, recognizing the familiar head of messy raven waves and the shirt he had gifted him. The younger was standing towards the back of the banquet hall next his roommate who was currently shoveling food into his mouth eagerly as Yesung stared at his roommate amazement, not noticing the grand entrance Kyuhyun had just made.

And from afar, Kyuhyun admired his beauty, the younger looking exceptionally attractive and alluring that night.

The elder quickly leaves his teammates and makes his way to Yesung, pushing through the crowd of finely dressed men and women.

Sungmin catches sight of Kyuhyun almost immediately, recognizing the handsome and famous face almost immediately through the crowd.

“Hi!” he greeted through a mouthful of food when Kyuhyun managed to stumble his way out of the horde of people.

Yesung just turns a little, glancing back over his shoulder glumly at the other before turning back around, picking up a glass of champagne from the table and took a sip from it as he ignored the elder’s presence. He didn’t want to stare too long because damn did Kyuhyun look good that evening. Well truthfully, Kyuhyun always looks handsome and y, even in workout clothes. But seeing the elder in a much more formal attire was something Yesung was not used to, but would love to see more of.

“Are you both even old enough to drink yet?” was the first thing Kyuhyun said with a frown as he watched the younger turn a little more so his back was facing Kyuhyun completely, downing the tall glass of champagne in one gulp.

“No,” Sungmin shrugged, watching as his roommate reached for another glass nonchalantly. “No one’s stopping us though,”

Kyuhyun sighs a little as he watched his lover try to chug the next glass of champagne down as well, seeing a light pink tinge on the younger’s cheek from the alcoholic drink already, indicating that he had a few before already.
He reaches forward and tries to take the half-empty glass out of the younger’s hands, but Yesung just jerks away from the other’s outstretched hand with a small whine.

“Careful,” Sungmin warned Kyuhyun, raising an eyebrow in amusement when Yesung downed the remaining alcohol and chucked the empty glass at Kyuhyun carelessly, the other not expecting the flying crystalware and fumbled with it for a moment as the raven reached for another.

“That’s his fifth glass already,” he whispered to Kyuhyun.
“Sixth,” he added as Yesung downed another glass quickly.

“Alright that’s enough,” Kyuhyun said hastily, grabbing the younger and pulling him back and away from the table, the boy letting out a whine of complaint. He knew that Dhampirs recover quickly from getting drunk, but they still could get pretty inebriated for a bit if they were a lightweight.

“Stop.” Yesung said childishly with a pout, already a bit more than tipsy as he pressed the heel of his hand to Kyuhyun’s chin and shoves the elder’s head back almost painfully, trying to get Kyuhyun to release him.

“You’re drunk, princess,” Kyuhyun said through gritted teeth from the forceful palm under his jaw, trying to remove the hand from his face when the hand’s pressure faltered a little at the sound of his nickname.

“Stop calling me that,” Yesung huffed, pressing his hand to the side of the elder’s face and shoves him away. “You do a job of protecting me, and you said you wouldn’t come to this banquet with me anyways, so you can off. I don’t need you,”

A small twinge of pain strikes Kyuhyun’s heart at his words.

“He doesn’t mean it,” Sungmin sighed with a small shake of his head, watching as Yesung hiccuped violently and stumbled a little after Kyuhyun had released him.

“Hm, I hope so,” Kyuhyun muttered, brows furrowing together in concern as he debated if he should try to hold the now drunk and tripping boy up.

“Yesung,” he called out again, catching the raven’s attention as the boy turned with a glare, but was glaring at some curtains behind Kyuhyun’s head instead because the boy couldn’t seem to focus on anything.
“May I have this dance?” Kyuhyun asked, sweeping down into low a bow.

Yesung just simply stared at him (or what he thought was him) blankly for a moment, swaying a little on his feet as he let out another violent hiccup, debating if he should accept or not.

“No—” he started, but Sungmin suddenly reached forward and shoved Yesung roughly.
The raven stumbled into Kyuhyun’s awaiting arms who caught him gracefully with ease as Yesung face-planted into the familiar strong chest, the scent of Kyuhyun’s cologne alluring and intoxicatingly captivating in his hazy mind.

“Have fun~” Sungmin sing-songed with a little wave, watching as Kyuhyun swept the struggling smaller out onto the dance floor.

“I didn’t agree to this!” Yesung huffed, resisting a little when Kyuhyun grabbed his hand and put it on his shoulder before putting his own hand around the raven’s waist, pulling him closer as they waltzed.

Or it was more like Kyuhyun did most of the waltzing and Yesung just stumbled drunkenly and ungracefully along.

Kyuhyun just smiles softly as he leaned down, pressing his lips to the younger’s ear.
“You look as stunning and beautiful as ever tonight,” he whispered quietly, eyes closing briefly as he inhaled the seductively sweet scent of the younger. “I knew you would look amazing in the attire I’ve chosen,”

“You need to stop giving me stuff,” Yesung said irritably, ignoring the compliment as he suppressed back another hiccup, giving up on trying to pull away from the other since he was still too tipsy to put up much of a fight as they waltzed slowly together.

“Why? Do you not like them?” Kyuhyun frowns, pulling back a little so he could see the younger eye-to-eye. “I like giving you gifts, and you looking amazing in everything I’ve given you so far,”

“I know the gifts aren’t cheap,” the raven said with a roll of his eyes, “Like the ring you gave me on my 18th birthday, black diamonds and black titanium itself is already really pricey, and finding one that is strong enough for it to withhold spells sounds like an insane amount of money to me,” he muttered between hiccups, leaning closer to the elder for better support, letting Kyuhyun do all the work.

The elder just shrugs a little, grip tightening around the younger’s hand as he pulled him closer by the waist, holding him up as they swayed to the music together. “A beautiful person deserves beautiful gifts to match with,” he murmured, “and I don’t think you understand how much I make,” he added lowly, enjoying the adorable hiccups that racked the boy’s small frame.

“I know Rank 1’s earn a lot, but not enough to keep throwing expensive- gifts at me, especially not gifts as expensive as the ones you’ve given me so far,” the younger says with a frown.

Kyuhyun just laughs, soft and lighthearted.
“Yes, I’m a Rank 1 member,” he said with a tilt of his head. “But I’m a Rank 1 with S-Class qualifying skills. Tell me Yesung-ah, how much would I be making since I am highly-skilled and is a requestable warrior unlike the S-Class members, who are limited to assigned missions only?”

Yesung’s nose scrunches a little in thought as he began to calculate it all together.
However, the number gradually got too big for his drunken mind to comprehend.

“How much was the ring then?” he inquired.

The elder was silent for a moment as he stared down at the boy in his arms, contemplating if he should tell him or not.
“Don’t remember,” Kyuhyun said simply as he looked away, the both of them just swaying a little now to the music being played by the orchestra.

“You’re such a ty liar,” Yesung scoffs, sliding his hand up from the elder’s shoulder and drunkenly presses a hand to the elder’s face, trying to make Kyuhyun look at him.
“Tell me, I want to know,” he whines, the taller not even bothering to stop the younger’s drunken actions by now.

“1.5 million dollars,” the elder finally answered shortly.

The way Yesung gasped and choked at the answer would have been hilarious if it weren’t for the concerned and judging glances that were sent their way.

“You mean this ring is more expensive than a luxury home!?” the raven squeaked in disbelief, waving the hand he had the ring on in front of the elder’s face, nearly smacking the other by accident.

“Mmh,” Kyuhyun hummed in response, grabbing the wild hand to hold it still and presses a soft kiss to the ring.

“Are you a ing millionaire?!” Yesung shouted, garnering more odd glances their way, Kyuhyun finally pulling the drunken younger off to the side because of his dramatic behavior. “I should’ve known! You live in the most expensive living quarters on the Celestial grounds! What the hell do you do with all that money?!”

The elder just shrugs again, holding the younger’s hand tightly in his own as he guided them towards a more secluded area of the banquet hall and into a red-curtained room for resting.
“I donate a lot to orphanages and charities,” he said.

“Oh,” Yesung blinked, expecting a more extravagant answer but got a pleasant one instead. “Fair enough,” he agreed.

“Look, Jongwoon,” Kyuhyun started, pulling the curtain shut to indicate that the room was occupied, not wanting anyone to disturb them. “I didn’t come to this ridiculous gathering to talk about how much I make,” he said, turning around to face the younger, only to notice the boy had wandered off from beside him and was glancing about the room curiously now. “Or to see how much of a lightweight you are,” he added quietly under his breath.

“Then what are you here for?” Yesung asked distractedly, ignoring the last thing Kyuhyun muttered as he walked around the room a little to inspect everything, finding it oddly nice and luxurious. He runs his fingers lightly over a maroon couch, feeling that it was of soft velvet.

Kyuhyun didn’t answer for a moment when he noticed that the other’s adorable hiccups had finally stopped, finding the other’s curious behavior amusing as he watched the younger browse around. Yesung glances over at him questioningly when he didn’t receive a response.

“You’re still mad at me,” Kyuhyun said simply when Yesung finally stopped showing interest in the room.

“Yeah, and?” Yesung prompts nonchalantly, plopping down onto the couch as he crossed his arms over his chest and swung his legs on top of the cherry wood table before him, making himself comfortable since he was finally (and unfortunately) sobering up.

“I wanted to talk to you,” Kyuhyun said, walking over towards the younger.

“You dragged me here already and there’s nowhere else for me to go, so start talking,” Yesung muttered grumpily, sad that he was coming down from his tipsiness as he watched the other approach him carefully.

“Well, you can also run away,” the elder shrugged, stopping several feet away from the boy.

“Good idea!” Yesung said suddenly, almost a little too eagerly as he got up quickly, but Kyuhyun reaches forward and grabs the younger’s arm firmly.

“Stop, I was just joking,” Kyuhyun sighed, taking a few steps closer so that he stood before Yesung now, standing between him and the exit to prevent him from leaving.

“I don’t have time for your jokes,” the raven muttered grumpily, pulling his arm out of Kyuhyun’s hold and plopped back down onto the couch, refusing to make eye contact with the other.

There was a moment of silence as Kyuhyun tried to find the right words to start, staring down at the younger who sat there stiffly under the elder’s gaze.

“I love you, you know?” Kyuhyun said softly, breaking the silence as he took a seat next to the younger. “There’s nothing else that I want more, than for you to just be happy,” he whispered, reaching up to gently brush the dark bangs away from the boy’s blue eyes, but Yesung simply tilted his head away from his touch.

“This is the first time I’ve ever felt this way before for someone,” Kyuhyun continued, moving his hand down a little to cradle the younger’s face as Yesung finally glanced up to meet Kyuhyun’s sad gaze. “I don’t know how to react or handle situations that involve another in it. I’ve never had to take someone else’s situation or feelings into consideration because everything I do, I do it for myself or for the Clan. I was taught to never let my emotions gain control, and that I must act quickly or there would be severe consequences.”

Yesung says nothing as he listened, maintaining eye contact with the other.
He wasn’t mad anymore, it was hard for him to actually stay mad for long at Kyuhyun, but he wanted to at least hear that the other understood he was wrong for not seeing the problem at hand.

“I just….I just thought it would’ve been best if we told everyone quickly.” the elder sighed, finally releasing the younger as he sat back. “I failed to think about your feelings and situation, as well as the consequences that followed my impulsiveness…..I’m sorry,”

Yesung continued to stay quiet as he sat up a little and moved closer to the elder, before leaning down and gently rested his head against Kyuhyun's shoulder, Kyuhyun noticeably relaxing as the younger made himself comfortable at his side

“I’m sorry,” Kyuhyun repeated quietly as he pressed his lips into the head of soft raven hair, bringing an arm up around the boy’s slender shoulders, missing the feeling of holding the younger close.

“I love you, Kyuhyun,” Yesung sighed quietly, turning his head slightly to press a lingering kiss to the elder’s neck. “I love you so much, but you’re so emotionally draining and reckless that I don’t even know how to react half of the time anymore.” he murmured against his neck. “I just wanted you to see things my way for once, Kyuhyun, or at least from another's prespective. You can't keep using your superiority over people to get your way. God, I should stay mad at you because I don’t know what to do now, everyone hates me,”

“......you’re not mad at me anymore?” Kyuhyun asked quietly, just to make sure.

Yesung shakes his head a little, wrapping his arms around the elder’s waist to snuggle closer, finding Kyuhyun’s cologne a little too heavy tonight but decided not to say anything about it and ruin the moment.

“Well, I don’t hate you,” Kyuhyun said, trying to be helpful as he put an arm around his shoulder's. “Doesn’t seem like your roommate hates you either,”

“Yeah, that’s like two out of hundreds,” Yesung grumbled grumpily, moving back away a little which caused Kyuhyun to reach out and pull the raven back to him again, obviously distressed over the fact that Yesung might still leave him.

“My crewmates don’t hate you,” the elder added, turning slightly so that they were now facing each other, still keeping a firm hold around the other. “They think you’re pretty good, actually.”

“That’s still a trivial amount,” Yesung groaned in exasperation, reaching forward to grab the elder’s chin as he leaned in and pressed a short peck to the other’s lips, being deprived of them for over a day now. “No point in hiding our relationship though, seems like everyone knows now because of you and your rash decisions,” he sighed wistfully.

Kyuhyun brings a hand up and pulls the younger back to him again, wanting a longer kiss instead. “We’ll fix this then, together,” he whispered, closing the distance between them as his eyes fluttered shut, tasting the addictive drug he knew as his lover’s lips.

Their kiss began as a tender one, just the soft nuzzle and nip of lips.
However, when Yesung climbed onto the other’s lap and straddles him for better access, the kiss gradually grew more fervent and passionate when the boy threaded his fingers through the other’s soft curls.

Kyuhyun pulls away briefly though after a moment, their lips parting with a wet smack as a playful smile tugged at the corners of his lips. “Thought we were on a break?” he said teasingly.

“Would you like to be?” Yesung asked with a raise of an eyebrow.

“No,” Kyuhyun answers quickly, pulling the boy back down to capture his lips again.

Kyuhyun’s hands began to wander a little as they continued, fingertips eager and desperate to touch heated skin as he began to Yesung’s silk shirt, their lips never once parting. He pushes one side of the shirt off the younger's shoulder, the dark silken fabric falling and gathering at the crook of the raven’s elbow to reveal an expanse of pale skin as he moved his kisses down the boy’s neck, kissing, nipping, , and tasting the soft skin hungrily as the younger released soft moans.

They would have gone further than just the heated kiss and wandering hands if it weren’t for someone suddenly throwing open the velvet curtains, disregarding the fact that the room was occupied currently.

They pull away quickly as Yesung brought a hand up to wipe at his wet and swollen lips, blushing a little when Kyuhyun drew him closer to his own body to hide the younger’s uncovered chest from the intruder.

“Yo! You owe me a hundred dollars!” The intruder calls out to someone, followed by a disappointed groan from another.

“Aw man, Kyuhyun why couldn’t you have been ?” Donghae sighs as he stepped into the private room, “Now I owe Eunhyuk money….”

Or you could not bet on my private life and barge into the occupied room.” Kyuhyun said with a glare, Yesung still blushing furiously as he slid off his lap, hurriedly trying to button his shirt up again.

“That’s no fun then,” Eunhyuk said with a shake of his head. “Heechul even betted on you guys having makeup by now,”

“You all are such erts,” Kyuhyun sighed, standing up and moving so that he was shielding the younger a little from prying eyes.

“We’re not erts,” Donghae said defensively. “We’re gamblers,”

“That’s not any better,” their leader said with a frown. “Well whatever you guys are, stop using me and my personal life for your bets,” Kyuhyun said pointedly, feeling the younger gently link an arm through his when he was done fixing up his appearance, Yesung bowing in acknowledgement to the two other Rank 1 members before them.

“Stop eating each other’s faces off and go get some food instead,” Eunhyuk sniggers, pushing the curtain open more for them as they exited the room.

“Where’s Heechul then?” Kyuhyun asked, putting a hand to the younger’s lower back as he guided them back out into the brightly lit banquet hall that was still bustling with excited dhampirs.

“Preparing for the ritual, it’s in about half an hour,” Donghae answered.

“Oh, I forgot about that,” Kyuhyun murmured, earning a look from the boy beside him.  “I told you, I don’t come to these events,” he said, leaning down to press a tender kiss to the raven’s cheek.

“So you’re not here to support me becoming an official Celestial member?” Yesung asked with a teasing grin, gently grabbing the elder’s left hand and presses his lips to his inner-wrist, right over the black tattoo.

“God they’re so cheesy,” they heard Eunhyuk mutter quietly, but chose to ignore him.

“Mh, I can stay for the ritual too I guess,” Kyuhyun hummed, gazing deeply into the younger’s blue eyes as he moved his hand away and replaces his wrist with his own lips, stealing a short kiss.

“I’m making you stay, you don’t have a choice in this matter,” Yesung laughed lightly, reaching up to cup the elder’s face gently as he pressed a few more pecks to his lips.

“Are they good now?” A voice whispered, joining their small circle.

“Yeah, apparently."  Eunhyuk answered, turning to see who the other was. "They nearly had makeup too,”

Not even needing to turn around, Yesung already knew who the newcomer was.
“Hi Sungmin,” Yesung greeted casually, 

“May I steal thy Juliet, Romeo?” Sungmin asked Kyuhyun, watching as the two finally pulled apart. “We need to go on stage soon for the ritual.”

“Only if my Juliet pleases to do so,” Kyuhyun grinned, earning a pinch from the younger for playing along with Sungmin’s joke.

“I’ll be watching, my princess,” he said with a bow, taking the other’s hand gently in his and presses a lingering kiss to his ring.

“Don’t be creepy about it though,” Yesung said with a teasing wink, before taking Sungmin’s outstretched hand as they both headed towards the stage, ready to be determined as worthy or not to be a warrior.

Kyuhyun joins his crewmates in the crowd as newcomers began to enter the stage, ready for the ritual.

He tilts his head a little when he recognizes someone from beside him though, finding the man oddly familiar.

“Headmaster Leeteuk?” he calls out, brows furrowing together in recognition.

The other turns at the sound of his name, eyes widening a little at the sight of the other.

“Kyuhyun?” the elder said in surprise.

Kyuhyun drops into a quick bow, confusion still evident on his face as he straightened back up.
“What brings you here this evening?” he questioned.

Leeteuk just grins happily.
“I’m here to watch Yesung’s ritual, he is my god-son after all,” he answered, “And no worries, a qualified council member has been assigned to lead the academy in my place.”

“Ah, right,” Kyuhyun murmured, briefly forgetting about the two’s relation. “How long do you plan on staying here at the Celestial Clan?”

“A week at most,” the elder shrugged, turning his attention back to the stage when Heechul entered flamboyantly as usual.

Kyuhyun found the other’s presence, as well as his long stay, a little odd.
The Academy headmaster must be there for more than one reason. However, he didn’t question further when Heechul addressed the audience and newcomers.

The ritual started out pretty smoothly, except for one dhampir who passed out promptly at the sight of his own blood, causing many to question why he even chose to become a Celestial member if he couldn’t handle the sight of blood. And to no one’s surprise, the dhampir’s tattoo only revealed a single star.

Sungmin looked a little too excited on stage while Yesung just stood next to him blankly, staring at nothing in particular as they awaited their turn in nervous excitement.

When it came to Sungmin’s turn, the blonde excitedly spun around and pointed to the nape of his neck, indicating he wanted the symbol there.

Heechul raised his eyebrows in amusement, but said nothing as he turned his hand palm up, asking for the other’s hand. Sungmin stuck it forward with an excited grin, wincing a little when Heechul pressed the tip of the ceremonial dagger into the palm of his hand and dragged it across lightly, drawing blood. After the seal had been pressed to the nape of his neck, Sungmin proudly flashed the crowd his full Celestial tattoo, the black moon and star visible on his skin, garnering some cheers from the crowd.

Yesung swallows hard as Heechul stepped before him, a small smile stretched across the elder’s face.

“You ready, little pyromaniac?” Heechul asks quietly with a grin, and the raven nods a little before pointing to between his collarbones, indicating where he wanted the symbol.

“Interesting place to put it,” Heechul mused as the younger stuck his hand forward.
He drags the sharp blade across Yesung’s palm, watching as it drew blood and dripped into the bowl below, before dipping the seal into the crimson liquid.

He reaches up and presses the spell-bound seal to the younger’s chest, but just as it made contact with Yesung’s skin, the boy suddenly winces and lets out a small cry of pain.
Heechul quickly pulls back when he realized the seal was burning the boy’s skin, a look of fear and panic in his eyes as everyone fell silent.

“What’s wrong?” Sungmin asks in concern when Yesung suddenly presses a hand over the affected area, the burning pain increasing as he doubled over and dropped down onto his knees in torment.

The crowd became more restless and disturbed as they broke out into shocked whispers and murmurs at the scene before them.

“Jongwoon—” Heechul called out, but takes a quick step back when a white glow began to radiate from all around the boy.

“Y-Yesung?” Sungmin says hesitantly, reaching out to the other who had suddenly gone still and silent on the ground with his head bent forward, raven hair covering his face from view.

Kyuhyun was a little too far away from the stage to hear or see everything that was happening, but by the worried and disturbed looks of the crowd before him, something was clearly wrong. Concerned about what was happening, Kyuhyun began to push through the crowd roughly to get to the front.

“No, stay back!” Heechul warned as he quickly reached out and dragged Sungmin back away, detecting a strong surge of energy coming from the raven before him.
“Everyone stay back!” he yelled when he felt Kyuhyun run up beside him and the crowd gather closer to the stage.

“Heechul, what’s happening—!?” Kyuhyun starts in concern, trying to push past the elder, but Yesung suddenly takes in a shuddering gasp, throwing his head back with wide, fearful eyes.

“Jongwoon!” Kyuhyun calls out, heart pounding loudly in his chest in worry and anxiousness as he managed to shove Heechul away roughly, but Eunhyuk and Donghae runs onto the stage as well and grabs him to hold him back, the unusual energy radiating from the raven now felt by everyone in the banquet hall as the crowd became a loud and panicked frenzy.

The white glow around Yesung began to brighten significantly as he began to tremble, head tilted back with wide eyes staring up at the ceiling frightfully as the hand on his chest clenched tighter.

He suddenly releases a pain-filled cry, and to everyone’s astonishment and horror, a pair of feathered wings as dark as night erupted from his back.

Kyuhyun gapes in shock for a moment, staring at the magnificent raven wings on the boy’s back, but the feather’s all looked torn and tattered like they've been damaged before.

Using the moment of stunned stupefaction, Kyuhyun quickly breaks loose from both Eunhyuk and Donghae as he rushed towards his lover.

Sol !” Yesung suddenly calls out however.

And at the raven’s beckoning, a figure quickly darts past Kyuhyun and reaches the boy before he does, the newcomer engulfing the raven into his arms as the bright white light was immediately replaced by a warm, golden glow.

Kyuhyun stops abruptly and stood frozen to the spot, trembling in shock and fear for the younger as he stared at the sight before him, the crowd now stunned silent just like him.

On the ground before him was Siwon who was cradling the raven securely in his arms, a pair of white, empyrean wings sprouting from his back as it enveloped them both protectively.

Yesung had fallen unconscious when Siwon reached him, now lying slack and unresponsive in his arms.
His hand finally dropped limply away from his chest, revealing something that stunned everyone furthermore; what should have been the Celestial symbol of a solid black moon and star, was now a black tattoo of an intricate crescent moon between his collarbones.

Ignoring the world around them, Siwon leans down as he cradled Yesung closer to himself, whispering softly to the unconscious boy:
“Welcome back,
La Luna my love,”

 
 
 
 

A/N: Heyyyy sorry for the late update! I still have a lot on my plate T-T
I didn't spend a lot of time editing this chapter because I'm too exhausted to read through this whole chapter over and over again to find mistakes, and I know that it's past due for an update so I just kind of posted it up and hope for the best lol, so I might've left some small things out, or there is some bad grammar here and there. Anyways.....HA! I bet I got you all thinking Siwon was evil, and that Kyuhyun was going to be Sol lol 

I tricked y'all cheeky

Also, some of you guys said how I made Yesung a little too 'girly' in the last chapter. I was honestly just trying to show how upset Yesung was towards Kyuhyun, because despite how much you love someone, a mistake is hard to forgive within just a day, especially when Kyuhyun released something that needs consent from Yesung too, as well as he hurt Yesung and Woobin because he was too impulsive. And Yesung wasn't mad at Kyuhyun because his pride was hurt or anything; he was upset because Kyuhyun was hurting him indirectly by doing things without considering his situation. 
I also believe being sulky or having emotions isn't 'girly', just like boys have the right to cry as well. There is no feminine or masculine ways to react to things. It's human.
Sorry if I did a bad job writing it though

Please leave some more comments <333 I really love comments, they'll help me survive this busy busy summer :D