Chapter 2

Tainted

 

 

 

“Kim Jongwoon,” The head director of the academy said sharply, glancing up briefly from behind an open file in hand as Yesung entered the office alone.

Yesung gives the older man a quick smile as he plopped himself onto a seat that was across from the director, swinging his legs up and settling them down onto the cherry wood desk between them.
“How’s it going Leeteuk?” Yesung grins cheekily.
The head director was a middle aged man with a slim physique, and a kind, dimpled smile (if you get on his good side). He was generally a calm and laid back person, but quite strict when it came to the safety of his students.

Kim Jongwoon,” The director repeats, a lot firmer this time. “17 years old, black hair, brown eyes, son of two rank 1 members of the celestial clan, and top student of his grade every year at Pugnator Academy both in intelligence and combat. Am I correct so far?”

“You have my file,” Yesung shrugs, before gesturing up at his own hair. “I’m actually blonde now, too. Great bleach and dye job am I right?”

Leeteuk frowns, and proceeds to read on. “Ran away from the academy on August 24th two years ago, changing identity to Kim Yesung, and caught for thievery a month later from escape.”

“Uh…..actually, I was framed. Wrong place, wrong time you know? They always target the suspicious looking teens.”

“Suspended five times for rebellious behavior, and expelled from two high schools for getting into several fights with other students in the human world.”

“They start it, I’m gonna finish it.” Yesung shrugs again, crossing his hands over his lap as he finally slides his feet off the desk, taking note of how the director’s jaw clenches a little in order to refrain from yelling. “And please don’t say ‘human world’, we are technically half human after all.”

Leeteuk shuts the file he had in hand and sets it down before closing his eyes for a moment, taking a few calming breaths.  “So what’s your excuse for getting arrested for starting a bar fight at age 16 then?”

“Oooh…..I deserved that actually.” The student admits, giving the director a semi-guilty smile.

“At 16?! What the hell were you doing in a bar?!” Leeteuk finally explodes. “Your parents left you in my care because I’m your godfather! Not only that, do you understand how dangerous it is for you to be out there?”

Yesung sighs and frowns a little, choosing not to answer as he reaches for a pen to fiddle with.

“You are part of the royal line of Dhampirs, and you have powers and talents many can never even dream of!” Leeteuk shouts, standing up from his chair to pace back and forth in order to walk off the steam.

“Then why are you so concerned for my well-being? We Dhampirs are warriors; it’s literally in our blood. Also, I don’t get why we even have a ‘royal family’ because hell, all that is special about us is that we have powers.”

“Oh my lord, after all these years of studying and being the top student, you still don’t understand the royal line.” Leeteuk mutters, pressing his fingers to his temple to massage it. “The word Royal is only a title, and you are considered royalty because you have the blood of the first vampire in you. The first was capable of creating more of his kind through blood transfusion, or having offspring’s. Only his offspring’s inherited his powers, however. And guess what you are?!”

“A distant relative of the first….” Yesung grumbles quietly, crossing his arms over his chest.

“But because vampires relied a lot on the blood of humans to survive, making them a threat in many ways, they discovered that mating with humans and creating the hybrid breed of Dhampirs can help retain the powers and strength of vampires, but eliminate the thirst for blood.”

Yesung rolls his eyes a little as he drummed his fingers impatiently on his arm. “Yes, thank you very much for the brief history lesson.”

“Don’t you sass me, young man.” Leeteuk says sternly, giving the other a look. “The royal line is small and diminishing, but your powers are significant. You have not discovered your own powers yet, so you must be protected until so. Yes, you may be a great fighter, but there are enemies who will not stop until they have you, and send their best after you. This is why it was dumb of you to run away from the academy.”

The smaller snorts a little in response. “Is that why you sent Mr. Stoic- after me?”

“Cho Kyuhyun is a very capable man — one of the very best we have. We needed you back here, safe and protected in the academy. I was told that Kyuhyun was a promising warrior, and he proved to be so tonight.” The director explained, taking a seat behind his desk again.

“Well, he’d be a lot better of a person if it weren’t for that stick up his .” Yesung mutters quietly.

Leeteuk closes his eyes for the second time that night and Yesung watches quietly as the older began to count to ten under his breath. He finally gets up from his chair after a moment and walks to the door, opening it to get his assistant’s attention.

“Please send Mr. Cho in.” He requests before moving back to his desk, and not a moment later, there was a knock at the door.

“Come in.” Leeteuk says, settling back down in his chair. The door opens and Kyuhyun enters, his face still as expressionless as ever.

“Kim Jongwoon —” Leeteuk starts, only to be interrupted when the student before him raised a hand up to halt his words.

Yesung,” the student corrected, before waving his hand to show that he may continue.

“Kim Yesung,” Leeteuk sighs, “Since you are now two years behind in training and studies, you are required to take extra classes in order to catch up to your grade.”

Yesung’s face scrunches in disgust, but chooses not to say anything, knowing that there would be more severe consequences if he were to argue. He was already having it pretty easy for having run away for two years and having a not-so-clean record.

“And to make up for the two years of missed combat training, you will be personally trained by Cho Kyuhyun in the evening after your day classes.”

Yesung’s mouth falls in open shock and he stands up abruptly, knocking the chair over in the process. “Oh hell no! I was ing bloodied by this monster!”

“Welcome back to combat training,” Leeteuk says with a smile. “Problems? Questions?”

“No sir,” Kyuhyun answers promptly,

“Yes! Yes, I do! I have complaints actually! Many!” Yesung shouts, but Leeteuk just waves him off in dismissal, choosing to ignore the infuriated student before him.

“Please show him to his room, Kyuhyun. He’s an official student at this academy again, so he needs to rest up before his classes tomorrow.”

Kyuhyun gives a curt nod, and grabs Yesung by the upper arm who was still flailing about and complaining loudly, dragging the smaller out of the office.

“How could you have agreed to this!?” Yesung huffs angrily, jerking his arm out of the other’s grasp.

“You’re right. How could I? As you said before, I could be protecting the royal family right now.” Kyuhyun says dryly, before stopping abruptly and turning to face the smaller with an expression of mock surprise. “Oh! That’s right! You are part of the royal family!”

And being his usual feisty self, Yesung sends a flying punch towards the taller. But in a blink of an eye, Yesung found himself sprawled on the floor of the hall instead of landing the punch, Kyuhyun having knocked him over easily.

“Hm, seems like you’ve got a lot to learn and catch up on.” Kyuhyun smirks before turning to walk away, leaving an infuriated Yesung to scramble and run to catch up, secretly planning an intricate revenge against the other.

 


 

Kyuhyun looks up briefly from the book he had in hand when he heard the doors to the training room swing open loudly, followed by a disheveled looking Yesung.  The smaller sprawls onto the matted floor of the training room first thing when he entered, earning a raised eyebrow from Kyuhyun who had closed his book now, waiting patiently against the wall.

“Can’t we have an easy first day? Like introducing ourselves or something?” The smaller groans, “Basic training this morning kicked my already, I don’t need another round. Especially not from you.”

“You know who I am,” Kyuhyun answers simply, striding over to the still body on the floor and prodding him with a bare foot. “Get up and go get changed.”

Yesung flops over onto his back with a frown. “I don’t know everything about you though.” He says, swatting at the others foot.

“You don’t have to. I’m only your trainer. Now go.”

“But we have to bond, you know? What’s your favorite color?”

“Kim Yesung, Go—“

“Did you study and train at this academy too?”

“—Get”

“How old are you?

“ —Changed.”

“Do I have to?”

Kyuhyun sighs and crosses his arms over his chest, “Yes. Unless you want to smell like sweat and stain your day clothes with blood, you don’t have to then.”

The smaller finally gets up from the floor while making loud noises of complaint, groaning the entire way in to the locker room and back out, fully changed.

“Take off your shoes, or they’ll ruin the mats.” Kyuhyun instructed, walking onto the mats and towards the center of the room.

Yesung just sends the other a look of distaste and unties the laces of each shoe before flinging them one by one at his new trainer with his feet, watching them soar halfway across the room, landing short before the man. Kyuhyun just shakes his head at the childishness of the smaller and picks up the shoes and tosses them to the opposite wall of the large training room.

“You’re going to get those back for me, you know.” Yesung warned, now tugging off his socks and tossing them over his shoulders as he stepped onto the matted floor. He definitely did not miss the feel of these mats beneath his feet —so squishy and cold, and a little bit of sweat on it can cause a major slipping hazard.

“Drop and give me 50 push-ups.”

“I’m sorry?” Yesung frowns, “How many?”

“50.”

“Are trying to kill me?” Yesung grumbles, but still gets down to do what he was told to. And after he was finished with it, Kyuhyun demanded even more from him with no breaks; 100 jumping jacks, 50 sit ups, 3 minute planking, followed by 30 squats in which Yesung awkwardly did because he hates them.  By the time he finished everything, he was ready to die.

“Why….” Yesung pants. “Why the … would you make me….. do all that?”

“To see where your strengths and weaknesses are.” Kyuhyun shrugs, crossing his arms over his chest as he lets Yesung catch his breath. Yesung takes a mental note of how the other crossed his arms an awful lot. But that’s alright, because that way he could check out the elder’s biceps a lot better.

“Alright, get up—“

“Nooooo,” the smaller groans. “Just give me another minute….”

“Fine,” The brunette agrees, “However, in a real fight you wouldn’t have even a second to take a breath.”

Yesung makes a face and finally stands up, “You win this time.” He mutters under his breath.

Kyuhyun smirks a little as he gave the rumpled blonde a quick once over. “Let’s be honest, I’ll always win.”

“In what? Being an ?”

“Apparently,” The trainer shrugs nonchalantly, irritating Yesung further more because of how unfazed he was by his jabs. “Now give me your starting stance.” The older instructed.

“My what?” The blonde asks confusedly.

Kyuhyun closes his eyes for a second, taking in a deep breath before finally uncrossing his arms. “The stance you are in when you prepare for a fight.”

“Ooooh, why didn’t you say so earlier?” Yesung giggles.

“It’s literally self-explanatory.” Kyuhyun says with a shake of his head. “Now get in position.”

The smaller just gives the other a small pout as he got in position, legs apart and fists in front.
Yesung could hear Kyuhyun click his tongue in disapproval as he circled the smaller.

“Wrong,” The trainer said, causing Yesung to drop his arm in irritation and open his mouth to argue back, only for Kyuhyun to snap at him “Don’t move. Back into position.”

Yesung was quick to obey of course.

“You need a wider stance,” Kyuhyun suggests, before frowning. “Switch your left leg to the back.”

“Um….why? It’s more comfortable for me this way.”

“You’re right handed, am I correct? Your stronger leg should always be in front. That way you have a stronger push off.” The brunette explains, before reaching forward with one foot after Yesung had switched his position to nudge at his feet to spread them further apart. “And since you’re so small, you need a wider stance to help stabilize yourself better so you could keep your ground if someone were to charge at you.”

“Goodness why are there so many rules?” Yesung mutters, adjusting his stance.

“Also, the left arm should be in front, and right one should be pulled back.” Kyuhyun said, reaching forward to switch the younger’s hand position. Yesung tilts his head a little, before giving the elder a questioning look.

Kyuhyun rolls his eyes when he realized that Yesung was waiting for an explanation why. “You missed way too much,” he mutters before stepping back and moving so that he was in front of Yesung.

The blonde gives him another weird look when the taller got down into his own fighting stance before him, similar to the one he was currently in.

“Holy —!” was all Yesung managed to shout out when Kyuhyun suddenly lunged, too many comically scarring flashbacks of Kyuhyun’s attacks emerging. Out of instincts, Yesung used his left hand to block a fist that was flying his way, and threw his right fist forward. However, Kyuhyun was faster either way. Before his fist could even graze the elder, Kyuhyun had reached forward with his free hand and grabbed Yesung by the front of his shirt and threw him to the ground with a loud boom as Yesung’s back hit the matted floor, the sound resonating throughout the large gym.

“Does this answer your question?” Kyuhyun asks, his face only inches away from the blondes, still holding a firm grip on Yesung’s shirt who was staring up at him in shock, eyes wide and mouth agape.

Yesung splutters incomprehensively for a moment, trying to find a proper response as he continued to gawk up at the other. Damn the elder looked even more attractive up close. He smelled intoxicatingly amazing too, a mix of after shave and natural musk. He expected him to smell more like sweat to be honest.

“God, that was me going easy on you too,” The brunette mutters quietly, breaking the small silence that overcame them as he released the smaller. “Does that answer your question?” He repeated.

“Um….n-no?” Yesung stammers, quickly sitting up when he realized he was blushing like mad, cheeks burning a fiery red.

“Stop acting like a little school girl and get up and into position.” Kyuhyun instructed, alerting Yesung that he was well aware of his little infatuation with him. That only caused the smaller to blush even more as he scrambled up onto his feet.

The trainer reaches forward and taps Yesung left fist which was now switched to the front. “This hand is mainly used for blocking and guarding; so defense.” He moves his hand to Yesung’s right fist, adjusting it a little further back. “And since you’re right handed, this is your attack hand. Having it a little further back enables you to swing forward with more momentum, allowing a stronger attack.”

“Oh,” Was all Yesung had to say, feeling stupider by each passing second.

“Also, if you were watching properly, your left hand could also be used as a distraction. I swung first with my left, in which you blocked instinctively, good for you, but I used my right hand for the main strike in which you failed to avoid fast enough, unfortunate for you.” Kyuhyun explains, letting his hand fall away from the others. “Does this make sense?”

Yesung nods vigorously as he eases out of his stance. “Wow I did miss a lot.”

“Yes.” Kyuhyun agrees without hesitation. “You have probably also weakened in some areas. Your core however…” he says, reaching forward to pat Yesung’s stomach lightly, “….is still surprisingly strong.”

The smaller flushes again and swats the others hand away, wrapping his arms around his abdomen as if to protect them.

“Let’s do some boxing tomorrow and see how you do arm wise.” Kyuhyun smirks, “Now go shower and get some rest. You’ve got morning training with me tomorrow.”

“But tomorrow’s a Saturday. I don’t have any classes.” Yesung frowns.

“You can’t slack when it comes to training. You’re showing up here at 6 am, sharp. Now go shower.” Kyuhyun said, turning to leave the gym.

“Aren’t you going to shower?!” Yesung calls out, noticing how the other was heading the opposite direction of the locker rooms.

“Does it look like I broke a sweat at all?” the taller calls back without turning around.

Yesung just scowls at the others back as he trudged towards his socks when a devious revenge plan suddenly came to mind. He turns around quickly and does a weird little tip-toe run towards the retreating brunette, before leaping to tackle the other to the ground.

“I can hear you, .” Kyuhyun calls out when Yesung was in mid-air, before spinning around so fast that Yesung didn’t even have time to react and once again pressed a hand to Yesung’s chest, and threw him to the ground once again.

“…..” Yesung groaned from on the floor. “That’s like the fourth time you’ve done this to me….”

“We’ll definitely work on that,” Kyuhyun chuckled, and Yesung takes a moment to admire the other’s smile. An actual smile.

The taller straightens back up and continues to head out, leaving Yesung who was still sprawled messily on the floor.

“YOU BETTER BE GETTING MY SHOES!” Yesung’s distant voice calls out.

“Goodnight!” Was the only response he got back of course. 

 

 

 

 


 

*A/N: Hello! I'm back again with another chapter! I do want to apologize though for my rusty writing and horrible grammar. I'm still trying to get back into the whole writing descriptively and rereading to edit. I hope this chapter has helped answer some questions (and hopefulyl I didn' create any plotholes because that would be problematic.) And thank you very much to all those who has welcomed me back! I've missed you all!
Please subscribe and leave comments ♥