| Three

Coffee and Stars

Hoseok’s POV

               "SARANGHAE!" I shouted, just to prevent her from walking out.

                 Holy guacamole! What did I just do?

                This had caused much scene from the coffee shop. But I was left with no choice to stop the girl from stalking me. Everyone in the coffee shop were all looking at us especially the girl who followed me.

                I was going to tell Soojin that a girl was watching us, and that I would ask a favor to pretend that we are dating just so the girl will stop following me. But Soojin is now mad at me. But, I am pretty sure that the tears were not caused by me.

                I followed Soojin, as I am becoming too uncomfortable with the gazes of everyone. Also because she is mad at me.

                Soojin stepped out of the coffee shop without looking at me.

                “Soojin! Wait! I have to explain everything!” I said too loudly that had caused some scenes again, but I didn’t really care about it anymore. I just wanted to apologize.

                “Soojin! I am really sorry! Please let me explain! What happened–“

                “When caught, boys will try to defend even though it is really obvious that they cheated. Tsk!” a grumpy old lady said behind me. “It is bugging my ears”

               But I didn’t cheat! I bowed to the old lady to apologize.

               “Yah! Yah! I don’t need your apology. Just apologize to your girlfriend!” the old lady pointed at my back.

               I turned around and saw Soojin walking towards my direction.

               “Now what?” the usual sweet Soojin is now as strong as espresso . “Say whatever explanations you want to say. Just stop creating some scene!”

               “A-ah about that… uhm… A-ah….” The way she is looking at me right now is making me nervous. I really can’t say a single word properly! 

               “If you are not going to say anything, I will leave–“

               “Incredible!”I unconsciously said as I saw the same girl who is following me.

               “What?!” she was shocked as she assumed that I was referring to her.

              “Not you, but… I’m sorry but I am going to be rude again,” I grabbed her arm to bring her to the nearest restaurant. She was protesting but I didn’t mind it at all.

              The annoyance from her face is really evident. “What is this all about? If it is because of the umbrella, then I will pay you for that.”

              I couldn’t help but form a smile. She isn’t really scary when she is mad. She is cute actually. Her tone couldn’t be serious and mad. It is just so sweet and cute. Her cheeks are puffy and soft-looking that I wanted to pinch each of it. And her eyes are looking directly into my eyes which really made me comfortable and not intimidated.

              “What’s funny?” she said with a crooked voice. She was aware of her voice that made her embarrassed about it.

              “Nothing. Sorry, but you are really cute.”

              Her gaze that never left my eyes avoided me, and her cheeks turned pink.

              “Okay. I’m so sorry for my actions in the coffee shop a while ago. I am also sorry for my actions in bringing you here, and I will apologize now because I will ask you a favor.”

              “I am already forcedly doing a favor for your information.”

              Oh yes, she is! And, I didn’t even ask for it. I just forced her. This is kind of embarrassing especially because she doesn’t really know me at all. But it is happening now, so I will make the most out of it kekeke.

              I smiled wholeheartedly (also cutely), “thank you for that. But there’s a girl who has been following me for almost a week.”

              “Wow, you have a stalker. That’s great,” she said sarcastically.

              “I already confronted her but she did not stop, and when I saw you, I thought it will stop her if we pretend that… well you know... uhm... that we are… hehe… we are dating.”

              Her eyes grew. I already anticipated her reactions though. “DATING? You must be kidding me!”

              I quickly covered as she might spill that we are not really dating. “Please? I will do whatever you want. It is just so uncomfortable to go out being stalked.”

              “Where’s that girl?”

              “The one wearing a floral dress,” I said, looking at the girl.

              She looked at the girl who panicky turned away. Soojin sighed, looking at me with me sympathy. “Poor you. You owe me a lot.”

              Soojin stood up from her seat and went to the girl’s table. I was about to stop her but she was too fast.


Soojin’s POV

              “Would you please stop following MY BOYFRIEND? We are celebrating our 100th day today,” I rushed to the girl with floral dress.

              “I-I am not following,” the girl defended, not looking at me. She was too ashamed to face me.

              “Oh really? But I saw you at the coffee shop a while ago. And oh! I also saw at the dance contest. What a coincidence right? Oh! I’ll be expecting you at the hotel that we are supposed to check-in later. You know… a lovers thing in a hotel,” I smirked, but mentally smacking my mouth for saying such to the girl. Ugh! This is Hoseok’s fault!

              I went back to the table, seeing Hoseok covering his opened mouth with widened eyes.

              “You really owe me a big one,” I looked at him who was still shocked with what I did.

              “Heol…” the only word he said. I felt some weird gazes. Some people were looking at us.

              “Is that only what you are going to say?” I asked, raising my voice at him because I am too annoyed. “Aish! What did I just do?!” I covered my face in embarrassment. I just realized that I went too far. The restaurant is now filled with commotion and murmurs brought by yours truly. “Those people who are looking at us might probably think that we will actually do THAT later! I don’t have a face to show them!”

              “Don’t cover your beautiful face,” Hoseok removed my hand and smiled at me. “They don’t know us.”

 

 

              “Sunbae!” a boy is waving and smiling teasingly at Hoseok. “Daebak!”

              Yeah, right. They don’t know us. Please bury me alive now.

              “Kookie-ah!” Hoseok high-fived with the boy who I assume is Kookie.

              “Hobi hyung, your girlfriend is really awesome! Daebak!” the boy is smiling widely, showing all his teeth. Bury me please. Just bury me. The boy elbowed his hyung and whispered that I could clearly hear, “hyung, are you ready for tonight? Fighting!”

              What the hell did I just enter? Why was I so impulsivel? Why did I even bother doing a favor for Hoseok? Bury me now. Bury me!

              I cleared my throat, attempting to defend myself, “i-it is not what–“

              Hoseok went to my side and placed his arm around my shoulder, “Jungkook, this is Soojin, my girlfriend. Soojin, this is Jungkook.”

              “Noona, annyeong!” the boy smiled wholeheartedly to me.

              I eyed Hoseok, asking for some explanation of why he is still acting. He whispered, “She is still there.”

              “Kookie is a junior in the dance school that we are attending. Although he is still a junior, he is really great in dancing!” Hoseok introduced the boy to me.

              “I’m sorry for disturbing your 100th day celebration. I’ll be leaving now. My older brother is probably going to kill me for making him wait for me. Bye!” Jungkook waved. “Hyung, fighting!”

              As soon as Jungkook went back to his table, I immediately took my rucksack. “I will leave as well.”

              “Why?” Hoseok asked.

              I did not bother answering him, or even looking at him. I just want to end this day.

              “Wait!” he shouted. He took off his beanie and wore to me. “Thank you.”