| Ten

Coffee and Stars

Soojin quickly turned around as she was reminded of reality that Jimin is a friend of her younger brother, who doesn’t know that she is working instead of studying.

“Noona, are you a part-time barista here?” Jimin asked.

Soojin was about to call Namjoon to avoid Jimin but...

“Taehyung doesn’t know about this, huh? Don’t worry noona,” Jimin reassured her.

She slowly faced him as she trusted him. “Please, don’t tell this to my brother.”

“Don’t worry, noona. Your brother, Taehyung, is also here,” Jimin said, smiling like a crazy dog. He looked at Taehyung who was busy with his phone.

“Order now. Make it fast and don’t tell him,” Soojin said without any expressions to her face, but deep inside her, she was nervous.

“Why noona? Aren’t you glad that we are here?”

“2 mocha with no sugar and caffeine for Jimin. Leave now, Park Jimin.”

Jimin was just smiling at her. He secretly sent a text message to Taehyung, telling him to look at the counter.

cr

“Noonaaaa~” Taehyung excitedly screamed, as he hopped to the counter.

Soojin quickly lifted the menu to hide her face. “I am going to kill you, Park Jiminie,” she whispered.

Jimin removed the menu from her hand to reveal her face.

Soojin wanted to disappear but his brother aalready greeted her.

“Taehyung-ah, please don’t tell mommy and daddy that I am not studying, and instead working here. Please! I will –“

Soojin was cut when Taehyung, who was as confused as a puppy, spoke. “What are you saying, noona? I thought you are just cosplaying.”

Jimin couldn’t help but giggle at Taehyung’s wrong assumption. “Really? Really Taetae??”

Taehyung grinned and showed his rectangular smile. His joyful expression turned serious as he felt his older sister’s gaze that told him otherwise. He was thinking that her sister was in a part-time job.

“I will explain later. But please go out now,” she demanded when she remembered that Yoongi is still in the coffee shop. The last thing Soojin would wish is when Taehynug and Yoongi meet in the coffee shop without her explaining everything to Taehyung. She already knew that it would just bring misunderstanding especially that Yoongi knows that she is dating Hoseok.

“Noona, how about your love?” Jimin winked. “I mean my drink?”

“I thought we are here to meet your sunbae?” Taehyung asked, leaning towards the counter as if he was at their home.

“Hey, there are other customers who want to buy drink. Leave now!” Soojin said as she shooed her hand away.

The boys walked away but sat back to their sit. Jimin placed his trainer’s bag on the chair. He stretched out his limbs.

“Wah~ that sunbae keeps on pushing me to work hard. He even dared me to compete –“ Jimin paused as he saw Taehyung staring blankly. He tapped Taehyung’s shoulder. “Taetae, are you okay?”

Taehyung blink two times when he came back to reality. “I’m just concerned with my sister. Why doesn’t she want our parents to know this?”

“Because she dropped out university. She doesn’t want to continue that shi.tty degree,” Yoongi suddenly appeared. He sat beside Taehyung when he heard Taehyung’s deep voice. “By the way, why are you here?” his eyes turned to Jimin who he hasn’t met once.

Taehyung’s eyes glowed as he saw the older man. “Hyung, this is Jimin, my friend. Jimin, he is Yoongi hyung, my childhood friend.”

“Nice to meet you, Yoongi hyung!” Jimin politely bowed to Yoongi.

The glow on taehyung’s eye faded. “Hyung, what do you mean about noona?”

Yooongi wasn’t speaking as he saw Soojin walking towards them.

“I told you that I will explain everything to you later. But please… don’t tell this to our parents,” Soojin said. She handed the drinks to the two younger man. Yoongi’s hand was asking for some too, but was disappointed when she didn’t give one. She grinned evilly as her reply to him for not helping her the entire afternoon.

Jimin noticed the bandage on her finger. He touched her finger which she removed in reflex when she felt the pinched pain.

The boys looked at her.

“Seokjin?” Yoongi predicted that it was Seokjin’s fault.

“No! No!” Soojin quickly denied and defended Seokjin. “Actually, he was the one who put the bandage.”

“WHO?!” Taehyung’s eye widened. “Your boyfriend?!”

Soojin was about deny again but Jimin stood up.

“Sunbae! Here!” Jimin said loudly and was waving his hand to get the attention of his sunbae.

“I’m your hope. I’m your angel~!”

Everyone, even other customers, heard the happy scream of Hoseok.

Soojin wanted to hide fast as soon as she heard Hoseok. Yoongi was smiling from the initial reaction of Soojin.

“Speaking of boyfriend…” Yoongi looked at Soojin, who was sending some telepathic message to keep qquiet. “Why? Don’t you want your brother and boyfriend meet?” he whispered to her.

“Oppa…”

“Sunbae, sit here!” Jimin removed his bag from the chair. “Sunbae, what drink do you want?”

“Hoseok-ah…” Yoongi said softly when Hoseok sat on the empty chair.

Hoseok was confused as well, but being the brightest of all the brightest, he was smling. “Waah~ Are you all friends now? Park Jimin, you are really a friendly boy eh?” he said while looking at each faces, including Soojin.

Soojin slowly stood up, as she tried to escape but failed.

“Hey Soojin, where are you going?” Yoongi prevented her from leaving.

“W-work.”

“Noona, wait. I want you to meet my sunbae Hoseok,” Jimin placed his arm over the shoulder of Hoseok. “Hoseok hyung, the pretty lady is Soojin, the older sister of Taehyung.” he winked at her which caused Yoongi and Taehyung to protest.

“Hey young man! Be careful with who you flirt with. Soojin is Hoseok’s girlfriend." Yoongi informed proudly because he knew about it first before Taehyung. Hoseok too felt the pride. His bright smile became brighter, but faded eventually when he saw Soojin covered her face. He suddenly felt sorry for bringing her in a very pretentious state.

"Oppa!" Soojin retorted against Yoongi, half covering her face. She could feel the heat burning on her face when Hoseok looked at her.

“WHAT?!” Taehyung’s eyes got bigger. “Noona! Why do you keep on having secrets? Noona!”

“Ahhhh… there is so much work now. Bye!” Soojin quickly went to the counter.

Namjoon, who was left alone with the customers, was struggling with the espresso machine. “Soojin, please do this now. I told you that I am not good with this.”

“What’s with the commotion there?” Seokjin asked, wiping his hand after cleaning the kitchen. “Hoseok is very loud. I think I will lose all my customers because of his loudness.”

Namjoon laughed. “Soojin, why is he your boyfriend? I really don’t understand why.”

“If you only knew,” Soojin said in a very low tone. Namjoon came closer to hear what she was saying. But she just went to the espresso machine to make Americano.

 “I know.” Seokjin’s eyes darkened. He held her hand that made her stop from making the Americano.