15 | Fifteen

Coffee and Stars

Hi~~ 

 

A week has passed since Hoseok confessed but Soojin did not actually directly accept his love. This made Hoseok very confused with their status.

They already told their friends about their fake relationship. They explained everything. Fortunately, their friends understood it. They even helped Hoseok whenever the stalker is bugging him. They did not take any hard feelings about it. Besides, half of them said that their fake relationship was too obvious.

Because of the mutual friends, Soojin’s and Hoseok’s friends became friends too especially Hoseok and Taehyung who are like real brothers.

Hoseok, Yoongi, Taehyung, together with Jimin, were hanging out at the coffee shop ... hanging out even though their faces were all submerged on their cell phones.

Yoongi gathered their attention when he started speaking. “I was really shocked when you two said that you are in a relationship. I mean, Soojin is the most awkward girl in this earth.”

Taehyung put down his phone. “The relationship is shocking but hearing that Noona actually interacted with a boy is more shocking.”

Jimin laughed as he agreed with Taehyung. “I think she has trust issue.”

“What trust issue? Just because my noona doesn’t give the phone number of her friend... that’s not trust issue!” Taehyung disagreed.

Jimin quickly defended his response, “but why? She knows for me years already. I’m a good boy.” He said, giggling from his narcissistic comment.

Jimin is the best friend of Taehyung. because of that, he can go to the Kims’ house whenever he wants. Taehyung would invite him to have sleepovers. Soojin sometimes joined them watching movies, eating and chatting. There were times that the Kims held some house parties and both Taehyung’s and Soojin’s friends were invited. That’s why Jimin knows some of Soojin’s friends, especially Harin.

“I barely hear Soojin say something about boys unless they are celebrities. She doesn’t know how to show affection to another boy. That’s why she’s probably awkward or shy, perhaps, in being in a relationship with you,” Yoongi said. He’s correct. Soojin loves boys if and only if they are celebrities.

 “You just need more time for her to loosen up and remove the awkwardness between you two,” Taehyung patted Hoseok’s shoulder.

Hoseok was scrolling through his phone and looking at his Facebook timeline. His mind was completely wandering around. He was in deep thoughts. He knows to himself that he is a sunshine and that it is easy for him to make someone comfortable around him. But as he assessed their closeness, he is positive that she is comfortable enough around him.

He began to doubt again. Probably she just doesn’t like him, or maybe he isn’t good enough for him. His confidence began to shrink as he compared himself to different boys.

“Maybe Seokjin hyung is her ideal boyfriend,” he said, receiving some judging looks from Yoongi and Jimin. “I mean, we are pretty close and she’s comfortable around me. Maybe I am just really a friend.”

“What I was telling you is she’s awkward into being in a relationship, being a girlfriend. This is her first time being liked by a man,” Yoongi laughed as he dissed Soojin. Taehyung and Jimin laughed along.

“First time?!” Hoseok asked. He was surprised hearing and didn’t believe Yoongi.

“No one confessed to her. She never received any gifts during White Day,” Taehyung explained. 

“I gave her one before but she rejected it because she thought that I was just pissing her,” Jimin reminisced during the time when he just wanted to show appreciation to Taehyung’s noona. It happened 2 years ago when Jimin and Soojin became too close. But the boundary as sister-brother is too evident. Since the White day incident, Jimin started teasing Soojin about him being flirty around her. Soojin, in return, would kick him away.  

Jimin who was busy with his phone, saw a post and excitedly showed it to Hoseok. “Hyung, you should try this!”

“Waah! I don’t think she will do it. The 1st rule doesn’t apply to us – ‘cannot be someone you know well.’” Hoseok reacted.

Taehyung got curious from Hoseok’s reaction. He took a peek at what Jimin showed.

“You still don’t know noona well, though.”

“You were just stalking her for some months, but not talking to her,” Yoongi said that makes Hoseok embarrassed.


 

On the other hand, Soojin, together with Harin, was outside the coffee shop waiting for her shift. She didn’t know that her brother, Jimin and Hoseok are at the coffee too.

They were talking about what happened in the park.

“I really don’t know why I intertwined my fingers with him!” Soojin was too shy as she remembered the day Hoseok confessed to her. Her heart was racing fast every time she recalls it. She was never sure of the cause of her heartbeat. Is it because she’s shy or her heart flutters because…

“it was your instinct doing the proper action to the situation,” Harin said without filter. “You like him!”

“SHH! Namjoon or Seokjin might hear you!” Soojin quickly shushed Harin.

“What is so precious that Namjoon hyung or Seokjin hyung should not hear?” Taehyung asked. He went outside as soon as he saw Soojin and Harin.

“Since when you are here?” Soojin asked. Taehyung did not answer her. instead, he wrapped arms with Harin and Soojin, hopping like a kid.

“Hyung!” he yelled excitedly to Hoseok.

Soojin felt the race in her heart again. She wanted to hit Taehyung for causing scene and getting the attention of Hoseok. She also wanted to give a peck on her brother’s cheeks, as Hoseok was smiling at her.

“Hello, noona and noona’s friend!” Jimin was looking at Harin. He raised his right hand waiting for a high-five from Harin.

Harin just looked at his hand. Jimin was obviously disappointed as he thought that Harin already knew what to do. Second time failure because of a high-five.

Taehyung chuckled because of jimin’s failure. But Harin was just too slow in delivering action but she totally understood what Jimin wanted. As soon as she saw Jimin’s disappointment, she quickly high-fived. Jimin squeezed her hand in delight.

“I have a name. I’m not just Soojin’s friend!” Harin said jokingly. Jimin scratched the back of his neck as he forgot her name.

“Harin. Ha-rin,” Yoongi reiterated.

“Hello, Harin!” Jimin smiled shyly. “I have something to ask you but let’s go out first.

Yoongi stood up and went to the counter to help Namjoon, while Taehyung followed him.

Harin followed Jimin without any questions as she already noticed their leave-Soojin-and-Hoseok plan.

“What are you planning to do? Why did you leave them?” Harin asked.

“I just thought that it’s better if we leave them,” Jimin said. He was peeking to see if there’s a progress with his plan, but he saw nothing as Soojin and Hoseok were both quiet. “Is Soojin noona really shy around man?”

“What made you say that? Is she also shy around you?” Harin asked.

“No. She always pinch my cheeks as if I were smaller than her. ah! She also commands me all the time!!” Jimin said as if he was complaining.

“Because you’re still a baby,” Harin joked.

Jimin quickly retorted. He cleared his throat to lower his manly voice. He glided his hand through his hair. “How’s the baby?”

Harin rolled her eyes which Jimin saw. He became worried as he thought that Harin didn’t like it.

“Oh~ I’m sorry. I just wanted to …” he was cut by Harin.

“Why sorry?” Harin got confused from Jimin’s change of tone. From a self-confident man to a guilty toddler.

“You rolled your eyes. You’re not displeased, are you?” Jimin asked nervously.

“Ah, is that why? No, I am not! I’m sorry for misunderstanding my reaction.”

“Why do we always have misunderstandings? Ehe ehe ehe…” Jimin scratched the back of his neck. “Oh! I forgot that I really have something to ask you”

“What is it?”

Jimin cleared his throat. “Uhm~ Can I have your number? Soojin noona and Taehyung don’t want to give it to me” He said while pouting.

“Why do you need to have it though?”

“Just.” Jimin smiled. “For future reference.”

Without any hesitation, Harin was convinced to give her number. There’s no danger in giving it to him anyway.

While Jimin was putting in the number Harin was saying, there’s another man that caught her attention.

“Harin noona!! Hello,” Jungkook greeted. “Oh. Jimin hyung, you are here too! Why don’t you go inside?”

The brightness from Jimin’s face faded when he saw Jungkook.

“Soojin and Ho –“ Harin was about to say something when Jimin interrupted.

“Noona and Hoseok hyung are talking, and we are going now. Bye,” Jimin pulled Harin’s hand and brought her away from the coffee shop. He wasn’t sure why he had done that. He wanted to avoid Jungkook for unknown reason.

“You really don’t like Jungkook, do you?” Harin asked.

“I don’t know. I don’t understand why I always want to avoid him,” Jimin said honestly. “But it doesn’t mean that I don’t like him either. There’s no reason for me to hate him.”


 

 “Kyaah~!” Hoseok’s usual noise greeted. His heart-shaped smile lighted the entire coffee shop. “Good morning, Soojin!”

“Good morning!” Soojin greeted back. She wanted to say something but it seems that her words faded.

According to some studies, it only takes 4 seconds to turn the silence into an awkward silence.

1…

2…

3…

4….

 

And it was proven by Soojin and Hoseok. They both feel the awkwardness building up.

“Uhmm..” Hoseok broke the silence.

“Oh wait. Seokjin needs me in the kitchen,” Soojin said, pretending to be busy even though there weren’t any customers yet.

“Seokjin hyung is not yet here,” Hoseok informed her. it was too obvious that Soojin wants to avoid any interactions with him.

“Are you avoiding me because you don’t feel the same for me? And that you are sorry because you don’t feel the same–“ Hoseok was cut when he was being straightforward as he wanted to break the wall between them.

“It’s not that I don’t like you. It’s just that…” Soojin paused as she had no courage to be as straightforward as Hoseok. “… I don’t know what and how to react. I mean, should I flirt back? But I will just fail miserably. I can’t even comprehend all the things you told me.” Soojin confessed. She was looking at her fingers which were uncontrollably tapping the table. 

Hoseok was trying to hide his giggles as Soojin was avoiding his eyes and because of her confession which he found cute. He sat beside Soojin dancing so that Soojin would feel at ease.

“Just say and do whatever your heart tells you. I will accept it fully,” Hoseok said. “By the way, let’s do this one but as friends only. Just like before when we were pretending.” He showed the post.

Soojin was reading the post. She was excited about it and likes the idea.

“Game? I wont take a no as an answer,” Hoseok smiled as Soojin nodded. “Anyway, you said that it’s not that you don’t like me. So does it mean that you like me?”