| Fourteen

Coffee and Stars

Soojin was too confused and clouded by her emotions. She couldn’t grasp the meaning of that 4-word sentence. She doesn’t want to assume anything. She knew that the time they met is too short for him to like her. “Ah~ Seokjin’s and my dream as pastry che–“

She wasn’t able to finish when Hoseok let out a heavy and disappointed sigh. “Seokjin,” he hissed. He strongly held her shoulders to face him. Aggression was evident as jealousy built up. His eyes darkened looking deeply into her.

Soojin was taken aback with the sudden change in his persona. She was aware of the reason behind it, but she was trying to shadow it up with many alibis forming in her mind.

Hoseok released his grip when he noticed Soojin was petrified by his reaction. His gaze lightened, but still looking at her.

“My dream… let’s make my dream real,” Hoseok said. His hands which were on her shoulders are now holding her hands gently. He looked on the ground as shyness and nervousness building.

“My dream to be yours,” he was scratching the back of his neck, and smiling shyly. A flash of pink could be seen on his cheeks.

Soojin’s heart was beating twice – no, thrice than as its current state. She couldn’t look at him directly as she knew that it’ll just cause her heart to lose its pace. Still in her state of denial, “You’re probably confused.”

The shyness from Hoseok faded upon hearing Soojin. “Probably I’m not.”

“I mean… uhm.. pretending as a sweet couple, you know… sometimes it feels so real,” Soojin said being honest. The fake relationship has surely affected her. Everything that Hoseok showed her gave butterflies in her stomach, feeling so real. Hoseok being comfortable around her brightens her days. Hoseok being clingy and touchy fills her empty and lonely days. He is like a real boyfriend that makes her truly happy.

“Your acting is great! You can be a great actor!” she added, trying to calm her heart.

“I’m not acting,” he said, returning his gaze at Soojin. “I’ve never acted as a fake boyfriend. Everything wasn’t a lie.”

“W-what do you mean?”

“I took advantage of this situation to show how much I like you. I’m sorry but I don’t regret it at all.”  

The words of Hoseok seemed like a loud bell in her ears. She was deafened by it, feeling surreal with everything. She felt that everything was like dream floating and waiting for her wake up.

She wasn’t sure what to feel. She wanted to be annoyed at him for deceiving her. But she just couldn’t get mad at him, as she enjoyed and felt treasured.

“I like you, Soojin. I like you since the day I saw you in the coffee shop with your messy hair and pieces of papers scattered on the table. I couldn’t stop going to that coffee shop even though Jin hyung has his own coffee shop. I couldn’t help but stay there watching you even though I could’ve just rested or practice dancing,” Hoseok held Soojin’s hand again. “I like you, Soojin.”

Soojin couldn’t comprehend the words of Hoseok. She wasn’t sure what made Hoseok like her. She isn’t the girl who can go along with his happy energy and him being a social butterfly, but she is a girl who prefers a quiet and lazy night talks, eating her favorite carbs with a cup of coffee. Hoseok is the guy who can brighten the world, but Soojin is the girl who’s filled with so much darkness. They are in total opposite of the universe.

“Soojin,” Hoseok said, forming his heart-shaped smile. He gently squeezed her hand which helped her to retrieve her focus. She unconsciously looked at him in his eyes, which were already laid on her. She quickly avoided his gaze, shy and blushing.

“You are so cute when you blush~” Hoseok blurted out that can be heard in all parts of the park. He couldn’t take the cuteness of Soojin’s shyness and red cheeks. He spread his legs so his height matches Soojin’s. His two little dimples formed as he pinched Soojin’s cheeks. “Cute!”

“I-I’m not blushing,” Soojin turned around as she lied. But, she could feel how red she was, as her cheeks were already burning.

She started walking out, not minding Hoseok. She doesn’t have the courage to face Hoseok who was already giggling.

“Kiyaaah!” Hoseok glided his hand to Soojin’s, his fingers locked leaving Soojin’s fingers hanging. “I understand if you don’t want to rush this.”

Soojin smiled as she interlaced her fingers to Hoseok’s.