Hot Tea and Moist Cake are Not Meant to be Thrown

Shh! Don't Disturb Others! {DISCONTINUED please look @ "About Me" in profile for further info}

Sunyoul stood by the fountain as people passed by him, staying quietly and awkwardly, waiting for his date...s. Jeez he was not excited for the day at all because last time he checked  they basically hated each other before they met.

Mistakes.

Mistakes everywhere.

I need to take assertion class or something... Sunyoul lets out a small sigh.

"Sunyoul!"

He looks up and sees Wei grin at him from a distance before running over to him. Sunyoul smiles shyly, feeling very awkward being with Wei without the loud presence of the children, "H-Hi..."

"I'm kinda glad you didn't decide to not come," Wei awkwardly laughs, rubbing the back of his neck, before Sunyoul notices from the corner of his eyes a familiar boy with red hair, who looked happy a the sight of Sunyoul but his gaze immediately flattens at the tall boy in front of him. Obviously, Sunyoul's change in attention causes Wei to turn around.

Well crap.


Now as you know already, Sunyoul is an innocent child, so he never really thought about dating or anything of the sort; however, if he had, he probably would have thought that he wouldn't be stuck between two guys that have already got off on the wrong foot.

And here he is, sitting at a cafe between Wei and Wooshin glaring at each other from across the table as passing customers gave them odd looks. Great, nothing like a first date.

"Hello, I'm Hwanhee and I'll be your server for- is everything okay here?" a boy walks over with a white apron tied around his waist, taking notice to the obvious glare down.

No everything is not okay send halp plz is what Sunyoul wanted to say but went for an awkward laugh instead, "I-It's fine it's fine... I think..."

"If you say so..." Hwanhee meekly says, letting out a slight cough.

"Sunyoul, explain why this scrub is here?"

Did... Did Wooshin seriously just call Wei a scrub out of all things possible?

"Same question to you."

Aannndddd the glare off grew worse to the point that Sunyoul could practically see actual sparks from this glare off. Sunyoul awkwardly laughs this off before turning to Hwanhee, "Er- just three waters... and make it fast please..." plz don't leave me here with them QwQ

"Y-Yes sir..." Hwanhee slowly takes a few steps back before making a run for it back to the kitchen.

Again, how did Sunyoul get into this mes again? Oh yeah, his love for books, right.... right... jeez who knew a passion for something practically outdated as VHS tapes would cause whatever the hell was happening in front of him.

"Ummmmm can you guys stop glaring at each other... you've already scared off our waiter.." Sunyoul softly asks, still feeling awkward glances from other customers in the cafe. The two boys stopped glaring at each other to simply let out a huff of indignanty before turning away from each other with their arms crossed. Now this wasn't as bad as the glare off but they still got awkward glances.

He lets out a small sigh, feeling slightly bad about the two (and himself but that's an issue for another time), "Listen... I'm really sorry about this... I-I have trouble standing up for myself unless something has been constantly bothering me..."

And before Sunyoul knew it he was overwhelmed with panic from Wooshin and Wei saying how it's okay, yadiyada before noticing each other's presence again and glaring at each other.

"I'm back with the water," Hwanhee lets out a meek cough as he places the cups onto the table, "Er- please don't throw this or else my boss is going to cut off my salary this week... a-anything to eat?"

"Maybe some crepes, how does that sound...?" but Sunyoul only received a curt 'sure' from the other two. Really, he couldn't emphasize enough about how this was more of a glare off than a date.

"Okay, three crepes, any preferenc- you know, I think it's kinda useless to ask..." Hwanhee awkwardly murmured to Sunyoul, who couldn't help but nod in agreement. Hwanhee mouths 'sorry but you're on your own' before hurrying back to the kitchen.

Great, nothing like the typical butler stabbing you in the back.

"Guys, m-maybe we should stop this because this is starting to get really, really weird... what made you guys want to ask me out on a date anyways?" Sunyoul asked, feeling slightly embarrassed while asking that.

Well at least he wasn't the only one feeling embarrassed when he sees Wei immediately blush at the question before looking away, "I...It was s-something I was planning for a while..." however, Wooshin doesn't react that way and instead lets out a huff, "I was watching from afar and got annoyed. Unfortunately, I was too far away to hear anything you guys were saying."

That was when Sunyoul noticed the clear line between Wei's character and Wooshin's character. A very, very clear line at that.

"Sunyoul-umma?"

Crap.

"Omo! It is Sunyoul-umma!" and Sunyoul suddenly feels warmth around his waist, looking down to see Jisoo hugging him. [Let's be honest here, it would've been a lot worse if Momo, Chaeyoung, Tzuyu, Seungcheol, Jeonghan, or gawd forbid Soonyoung was at the cafe at this very moment.]

"How are you doing, Sunyoul-umma?" Jisoo smiled, completely oblivious to the tense, awkward aura at the table.

"F-Fine, Jisoo-yah... er- no offense, but why are you here?" Sunyoul forces a laugh, trying to ignore Wei's shocked face and Wooshin's confused face.

Jisoo innocently blinks at the boy, "My family owns this cafe."

Oh. He might need to start a list of places to avoid when going out.

After saying that Jisoo seemed to have realized Wei's and Wooshin's presence, turning to look at them, slowly asking, "What's going on here...?"

Mistakes Jisoo-yah, mistakes "Uh-"

"W-We're just hanging out here," Wei quickly comes up with an excuse, somewhat use to dealing with these kind of situations now.

"So like a playdate?"

Thank goodness Jisoo was still 9 and not quite smart enough yet.

"S-Sure...!" Wei forces a smile as Wooshin awkwardly avoids the conversation by loudly and slowly sipping his water.

"That's nice. I have playdates with Jeonghan and Junhui too but Junhui and I always end up throwing desserts at each other..." maybe Sunyoul should just be glad that he isn't a 9 year-old who has no concept of love.

"I need to leave because... stuff appeared..." Wooshin murmurs in a clueless way before hurriedly placing the cup down and walking off before walking back and quickly pecking Sunyoul on the head and leaving again.

"Wha-?! YAH!" Wei abruptly stands up, unsurely looking over to Sunyoul and wanting to say something but ends up turning an interesting shade of red and deciding to chase after Wooshin to yell at him instead.

Welp, the bright side of Jisoo coming over to them is that Jisoo's presence made the two glaring idiots realize how awkward this was and got Sunyoul out of this complication of a date(s)(?) but the bad side is his dates- to put it basically- ditched him.

"That was weird..." Jisoo murmurs before sitting in the place that Wei was sitting in.

"Yeah..." Sunyoul murmurs.

"Don't worry, I'll keep you company!" Jisoo grins.

"That's very sweet of you, Jisoo-yah," Sunyoul relaxed slightly but tensed up again when the next words to come out of Jisoo's mouth was totally unexpectant.

"What's the saying again? I should enjoy it while I can?" he suddenly notices how Jisoo was now forcing a smile.


Yeah so I bumped their ages up by 2 years (if you've noticed), so now the main characters are around 17 and the eldest kids are 9 years old at the most (or is that too much? I don't know, I think it fits more. I mean, my vocabulary wasn't that big still and my understandings of things were still kinda blurry when I was 9 then again I live in the U.S. and learning standards are completely different here. If it is, suggest an age and I'll take a look into it.)

Anyways, I've been thinking about getting a cover for this story for a while and wondering if you guys would like that too, and if yes, plz suggest a graphics shop to me [or fanart thingy??? idk, choosing fanart or drawing it myself (except it would be super anime cuz that's just how my art developed) would be cool too as long as it fits]. It would be appreciated very much if you do so since I've been having a lot of trouble trying to find a graphics shop. Plz and thank u ^.^