To Wonderland We Go

Shh! Don't Disturb Others! {DISCONTINUED please look @ "About Me" in profile for further info}

Sunyoul always loved to stories as a child.

Fantasy, romance, comedy, mystery... you know, all of those wonderful genre unique in their own ways. Each genre always held a new stories- maybe a few cliches and tropes here and there -but it was always fun.

Everytime, right before bed time, he always had whoever tucked him into bed read him a bedtime story. Usually, it would be his grandmother since he usually stayed with her. He never really complained about his parents rarely being there with him due to heavy workloads since his grandmother always had a new book to read for him.

Each book had let him create his own fantasies and dreams but there was one that stood out to him:

Alice in Wonderland.

A classic well-known by- well- everyone with the wacky characters and the new and exciting world. He basically had his grandmother read the story every week.

Well, his love for stories led to volunteering at the library that his uncle owned ever since he started high school- which was around two years ago. Thanks to his grandmother, his uncle was inspired to create a library that seemed antique to the point that it was fantasy-like.

And here he was, cleaning up after the irresponsible teens with the scattered books and random pieces of paper (which was probably their forgotten homework) since they always leave in the morning right before it was story time for elementary schoolers during noon every once in a while.

As Sunyoul cleaned up the table he didn't exactly expect to see a red-haired boy sleeping while leaning his head on his arm. He walks over to the boy and shakes his shoulder softly.

"H-Hey you can't sleep in here..." Sunyoul said and made sure that he was loud enough to wake up the boy but not disturb story time on the other side of the library.

Slowly, the red-haired boy opens his eyes and blinks drowsily at Sunyoul before streching his upper body.

"Don't you have somewhere to be?" to which the boy simply shook his head 'no'.

"Why did you come here just to sleep?" Sunyoul asked again. The boy pulls out a pieace of paper and shows it to Sunyoul- which seemed to be a question sheet for history.

"Aah so you came here to do homework but ended up falling asleep..." he understood that at least but he didn't undertand why the boy wasn't actually saying it or something- or anything, "Uh... aren't you gonna say anything...?"

The red-haired boy blinks before ripping out the empty corner of the question sheet before scribbling something down and showing it to Sunyoul.

Sore throat.

What's your name?

"Oh, my name's Yein but I preferred to be called Sunyoul, what about your's?" but before he could see what the boy had scribbled down someone came over and asked him if the library still had a certain book.

"Can you wait for a second?" Sunyoul asked the red-haired boy, who simply nodded. He smiled a small smile before guiding the person to the section where the book probably is- which required to go down the spiral staircase.

Sunyoul quickly (somewhat sprinting) walks back to the area where the red-haired boy was to simply see an empty seat and table with a tiny piece of paper.

See you next time~


If there was one thing he hated about himself, it was probably his height compared to the very top of the bookshelf.

Curse the day the only ladder they had broke and now they need to go buy a new ladder.

He loved how antique and tall the bookshelves were with the elegant swirls lining the rims, but they were too tall. Way too tall. (pfft, puns)

And so here Sunyoul was during the evening, on his tippy-toes and the tips of his fingers trying to place back one of the books that belong on the top shelf. Call it a cliche when he saw an arm reach out and take the book from his hand and easily pushing the book into the empty slot.

He turns around to see a boy who was just the right height to easily reach the top shelf.

"Ah, uh thank you, uh..." Sunyoul stuttered.

"Wei. No problem... name?" Wei smiles.

"Oh, Sunyoul..." Sunyoul murmurs before grabbing the next book from his cart and basically ended up in the same position as before.

The two stood in silence as his arm began to ache again before he heard Wei laugh softly and felt his cheeks heat up in embarrassment.

"You still need help there?" Wei grabs the book yet again and pushed some fallen books up to push the book into the empty space easily.

"Y-Yes..." Sunyoul murmured before turning back to his cart and pushing it along the aisles to hide his blush of embarrassment. The taller boy follows him until they stop at a new bookshelf and Sunyoul began handing Wei some books.

"Soo... I'm not the only one who noticed that cliche moment, right?" Wei asked with a chuckle.

"It is one of the most cliche ways possible when it comes to falling in love in romance stories," Sunyoul agreed as Wei finished putting the books for the top shelf.

"Well does that mean you're in love with me now?" and Sunyoul immediately felt his face heat up badly.

"W-What?! No!" Sunyoul quickly denied.

"Shh, watch your voice volume~," Wei teased. Sunyoul pouted before turning to his now empty cart again and pushing it carefully down stairs.

"I'm done now so you can go back to doing whatever it was you intended on doing before you saw me," Sunyoul huffed as he finally reached the check-out desk to still have Wei following him.

"Eh, something for chemistry, but hanging out with you seems more interesting," Wei smiled.

"No do it, my volunteer time ends here anyways," Sunyoul pouted as he grabbed his bag from underneath one of the check-out desks.

"What? Really?" to which Wei immdeiately stopped smiling.

"Yes really, so go do your homework before you go pulling an all-nighter," Sunyoul said before bidding goodbye.

Wei simply pouts in response before waving goodbye.

Well I met some pretty weird guys today... Sunyoul thought as he exited the library and went to the bike rack to go get his bike to ride home. It's not like I'm going to meet them again... right?