Late Rabbit

Shh! Don't Disturb Others! {DISCONTINUED please look @ "About Me" in profile for further info}

After those torturous days of being sick, Sunyoul was more than glad to return to the library than deal with the awkward and tense atmosphere with Wooshin and Wei in a small house. However, today didn't seem to be a day where he should be glad, seeing how by the time he reached the bike rack there was soft sobbing behind the tree.

Slowly, Sunyoul walks around the tree to see Jeonghan sitting behind the tree, eyes that were glistening and swollen and red as Junhui tried to console the poor boy.

"Jeonghan-ah? What's wrong?" Sunyoul asked worriedly, adjusting his bag so that he can kneel down to their level. The said boy could only sniffle, a small whimper asking from his mouth.

"Sunyoul-umma, have you heard from Jisoo's parents?" Junhui asked, softly pulling Jeonghan into a hug. Sunyoul slowly shook his head 'no', asking, "I haven't heard anything. I've been forced to stay at home since I was sick so I haven't gotten any news about the library or you guys. What happened?"

Junhui glances worriedly at Jeonghan before looking back to Sunyoul.

"He moved back to the U.S."

Immediately, Sunyoul was speechless as he suddenly remembered the last time that he had met Jisoo. He felt disappointed in himself that he had realized something like this too late and could only stare at the two sadly, "Didn't... Didn't he tell you...?"

"N-No..." Jeonghan murmured, rubbing his eyes.

"Jisoo was gone when you were gone, so we thought that he was just sick or helping his parents," Junhui said, rubbing Jeonghan's back, "When Jungkook-hyung told us that you were coming back, we were gonna go to Jisoo's house to tell him the good news but the house was for sale. We asked their neighbors and they told us that Jisoo's family had to move back to the U.S. for family stuff."

He felt helpless watching Jeonghan choke on sobs, really wishing that Jisoo could've told him the full truth.

"Have you been out here ever since you reached here?" Sunyoul asked, to which Junhui nodded, adding, "When we were coming here, Jeonghan started crying so we stayed out here."

Sunyoul felt tapping on his shoulder and he turned to look at Wooshin who had a school bag hanging off of one of his shoulders and looked concerned for the children. He quickly explained the situation to Wooshin as Junhui continued to comfort Jeonghan.

"We can't continue to stay out here though," Wooshin said.

The volunteer thought for a bit before saying softly, "Hey, Wooshin is right. How about we go to the office instead? There's tissues there so it would be best." They waited for a small nod from Jeonghan before quietly heading into the library. Sunyoul opened and the lights for the children to enter before looking over to Wooshin, waiting for the latter to say something.

"How about we let the kids be for a bit. I'll go get some snacks for them and you go talk to tell Wei," Wooshin said before heading out of the library to do so.

He passes one last worried glance to the two before softly closing the office door.

"Hey, what's going on in there?" Jungkook asked.

"Jeonghan's crying because Jisoo moved back to the U.S. Let's just leave them alone in the office for a bit," Sunyoul explained. After Jungkook hesitantly nodded before leaving to sort books, Sunyoul headed over to the children's area where he knew that he would find Wei and the other children. When he reached the area, the last thing that he expected was to suddenly be surrounded by the children, flooding with questions about Jeonghan, Junhui, and especially Jisoo.

"Okay kids, settle down." Wei spoke loud enough to settle the children down but not enough to disturb the other people within the library. The taller lets out a sigh, "I need to talk with... umma for a bit so color, m'kay?" A disappointed chorus of agreement rang out before they returned to a large round table with paper and crayons before Wei ushered Sunyoul to somewhere a bit farther away where they hid behind a bookcase.

"'Umma'?" Sunyoul asked, scrunching up his eyebrows slightly, to which Wei blushed a light pink.

"They said that they wouldn't listen to me unless I adressed you like we're parents, okay..." Wei murmurs, shaking his head and moving on to a different topic, "A-Anyways, I'd like to ask about what the kids just asked you." so Sunyoul had to quickly explain the situation yet again, making Wei feel rather stumped before familiar voices spoke up.

"Then why don't we get to see them?"

The two blink before looking down and seeing Seungcheol with his hands on his hips as Jihoon awkwardly tried to convince Seungcheol to head back because this was 'adult problems' that they can't join in about. They really should've checked for a better child-free area though.

"Um- because..." Sunyoul really didn't want to include more children into such a serious problem in all honesty.

"Jeonghan and Junhui are our friends. We should be able to talk to them too!" Seungcheol huffed, reaching behind and putting an arm around Jihoon's shoulder, the latter frezzing up at the sudden contact and looking more awkward than before.

Sunyoul and Wei looked at each other, passing a quick eye-conversation consisting of "are we really going to let this happen?" "idk are we?" "I mean they are their friends..." "yeah but we're the adults in this situation so shouldn't we deal with it first?" "but maybe having friends cheer them up will be better..." "okay I guess you're right..." which led to a sigh before Sunyoul signals for them to follow him.

When they reach the office, Wooshin had just reached with his school bag fuller than usual (as to hide the snacks since the library is suppose to be a food and drink free place). The red-haired boy passes a confused glance to Sunyoul, who could only awkwardly laugh with a shrug. Wooshin then glances over to Seungcheol and Jihoon before kneeling down and beckoning them over before handing them the bag and whispering something that Sunyoul and Wei couldn't here. He opens the door for the children, the three watching the two run over to Jeonghan through the window of the door as it closes, exclaiming something but somehow managing to make Jeonghan laugh even though his face was red and swollen from crying for too long.

"What do you know..." Wei murmurs as Sunyoul nods in agreement to that statement.

"You need to know how to deal with kids better if you're gonna be the caretaker here," Wooshin said unexpectedly, making Sunyoul automatically nervous at the blunt remark as the atmosphere grew a bit tense.

"Well sorry that I'm an only child," Wei responded with a scoff.

"And they call you 'appa'."

"Hey you need to back off there."

"What, on the fact that Sunyoul is stuck being associated with you?"

"Yah like you're any better?!"

Why does he pick a fight now out of all the times possible? Sunyoul could only inwardly sigh as the whispering grew a bit more agressive and louder at each snarky remark made by either one of the two.