Matchmaker

Produce 101/I.O.I. Oneshots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Matchmaker

Pink Matchmaking

Pinky

 

“What is that?” I raised an eyebrow.

 

Eunwoo gave me the biggest eating grin, “That, is a person. Specifically, my cousin Im Nayoung.”

 

The girl sitting in front of my desk wasn’t horribly disfigured or anything but it was her aura. It was like there was an invisible shield of like awkwardness…and stoniness? around her and her blank facial expression wasn’t really helping. I think I felt awkward just looking at her.

 

“And why is she in front of me?” I asked.

 

Doyeon dramatically opened the door, “To find love!”

 

Yoojung trailed after her, “Yup.”

 

Okay, I just needed a second to calm myself and….

 

“We are a matchmaking service so we’ll help but what’s the occasion, Eunwoo? You’ve never brought someone here before.” I straightened.

 

She hollered, “Somi cue~”

 

The maknae of our company rolled in with sunglasses and a jukebox playing a rap song.

 

Somi pressed a button and I internally groaned when I heard the recording.

 

“Pres, we want a vacation!”

 

My voice on the recording replied, “I’m sorry girls but love never sleeps so we can’t either.”

 

“This is a dictatorship.” Eunwoo cried.

 

“Eunwoo, please stop the dramatics. You should be happy to work for the best matchmaker in Korea.”

 

“You’re not that great, Pinky.”

 

“Of course, I am our company has a 100% success rate.”

 

“You’re the worst.”

 

“Tell you what girls, you can have a vacation when people stop looking for love.”

 

The girls cried out in protest.

 

Somi spoke up, “If you can’t match someone will you give us a week vacation?”

 

“Ha, I’ll give you a month off!”

 

After, the recording ended I felt a headache coming on.

 

Why? WHY HAD I AGREED?

 

This was that meanie Eunwoo’s fault L

 

Okay, I had to backtrack now. You can do it Pinky!

 

I calmly stared at my employees across the desk, “That’s not legally binding.”

 

“If you don’t at least attempt the bet we’ll go on strike.” Doyeon countered.

 

Okay, these four might be annoying children but they really were good at their jobs and they helped out a lot. With the company growing a lot I wasn’t super sure if I could handle things by myself. Hnnng they were so bullying me.

 

I noticed the whole time that the girl in front of me Nayoung? hadn’t said a word.

 

I asked her, “Are you okay with this?”

 

“Of course she is, this Stone Buddha over here has never been in a relationship and has a very small number of human contacts. She doesn’t just want a girlfriend, she NEEDS one.” Eunwoo answered for her.

 

I nodded, “Okay so you’re into girls, any other information I need like your likes dislikes?”

 

“I like drawing.” she said with her monotone voice.

 

Oh god….

 

I asked, “I mean what do you like and dislike in a girlfriend?”

 

“I like someone who’s determined, caring, and has a pretty smile.” Nayoung answered.

 

I jumped to my feet, “Okay! Get ready Im Nayoung-shi because we’re going to get you a girlfriend.”

 

Date 1

 

“Okay Kang Siwon is an entrepreneur, she’s a happy and relaxed person so I think she’ll fit with Nayoung’s…calmness. Yeah I guess you can call it that.” I cleared my throat. “Status?”

 

Somi adjusted the binoculars, “Okay, Siwon is approaching Nayoung by the fountain.”

 

My walkie talkie buzzed.

 

“Eyebrows, this is Amazing Eunwoo with the Dojung couple.” Eunwoo said through the device.

 

I glared at Somi, “You draw one portrait of me with crazy eyebrows and suddenly everyone’s calling me that.”

 

“Sorry boss.” the younger girl winked.

 

She wasn’t actually.

 

I talked into the walkie talkie, “Okay you three go set up the picnic area for the date.”

 

“But I wanna see my cousin fail~” Eunwoo complained.

 

Eunwoo was just so nice.

 

I replied, “Go or your bonus is gone.”

 

“I’m already there.” she cut off the signal.

 

I sighed heavily when the girls cut across the fountain clumsily.

 

Somi reported, “Boss, Siwon and Nayoung are talking.”

 

“How does it look?” I asked.

 

She giggled, “Umm, maybe you should look.”

 

I took the binoculars and almost face planted when I realized that Nayoung was simply staring at Siwon with a completely blank expression, not saying a word.

 

I spoke into my walkie talkie, “Eunwoo, abort the picnic this date is done.”

 

“Good, cause we ate all the food.”

 

Date 2

 

The pretty French café we were sitting in had a large outdoor sitting area where Nayoung was sitting with her date. We were at a table not too far away trying to listen in on what was happening.

 

“What’s the girls profile again?” Eunwoo asked as she munched on bread.

 

I answered from memory, “Cathy or Ki Heehyun, she has a stronger personality but she’s actually really sweet. I think having someone a little bit more intense could help Nayoung.”

 

“I doubt it.” she shook her head.

 

Yoojung agreed, “Yeah, I’m not sure if Cathy is the best match for Nayoung.”

 

“You never know.” I tried to be positive.

 

Eunwoo snickered, “But we do know.”

 

Cathy was crying in what could only be described as umm…emotionally intense? Yeah, I think I’m going with that.

 

“Let’s do damage control, girls.” I sighed.

 

We approached the two and pulled chairs to the table.

 

Somi asked, “What’s wrong Heehyun?”

 

“I miss Chaeyeon.” Cathy’s tears stopped just long enough for her to answer.

 

I glared at Nayoung, “How did this happen?”

 

“Yeah cous, how did this happen?” Eunwoo almost giggled.

 

She was definitely amused and I wasn’t.

 

Stone Buddha answered, “She just asked about my dating history and then I asked about hers. Cathy talked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter