Note

Produce 101/I.O.I. Oneshots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Note

 

Im Nayoung

 

I stared at the note in my hand and took a deep breath to attempt to calm my nerves. There were some things I was good at and some I was bad at one. One my bad traits was an inability to say how I feel. That was why I decided a love note confessing my feelings on paper would be the most effective. Mostly because I would just awkwardly stare at my crush if I attempted to do it verbally.

 

Cathy.

 

The camera had somehow caught me staring and smiling at her multiple times but I couldn’t help it. She was pretty, cool, and basically everything I looked for in a girl. All of these things made her perfect and basically unattainable.

 

“It’s nice to share a dressing room when there aren’t like fifty people.” Somi grinned happily.

 

I nodded at the JYP trainee as I tucked the note into the tiny pockets of my shorts.

 

“But this is kind of boring.” Chungha suggested. “Wanna visit the girls next door?”

 

The rest of the girls made sounds of agreement.

 

“Yeah, we can play games with the other dance groups!” Doyeon smiled.

 

I shrugged and decided to tag along. Not noticing I had dropped something on the way.

 

That was the first big mistake I made that day.

 

Later

 

“What’s this?” Mina said as we walked back into our dressing room.

 

Siwon oohed, “I think it’s a love letter.”

 

 

What.

 

“I don’t know how to tell you this but I really really like you.” Dani read a line.

 

Oh god....

 

“You’re most pretty, nice, and unexpectedly funny girl I’ve ever met. I’m not the best at expressing my feelings so I decided to write it on paper.” Mina read.

 

Somi interrupted, “Wait, who wrote this?”

 

I internally wondered if I should just confess right now but I think I may actually die from embarrassment.

 

I meekly spoke up, “Actually…”

 

“Yoojung-ah, I like you.” Doyeon loudly proclaimed.

 

We all stared at the girl.

 

Yoojung blushed, “What?”

 

“Like I said, you’re the most amazing person I’ve ever met.” she said sincerely.

 

Everyone’s mouth hung open as we witnessed the love confession. What they didn’t notice was Doyeon giving me a quick wink.

 

Doyeon gave Yoojung a bright smile, “We already act like we’re dating so might as well make it official, right?”

 

“…I think so too.” Yoojung adorably stared at her feet.

 

The girls cheered for the two as they hugged and I felt myself relax when I realized that I had dodged a bullet.

 

I slipped out when the excitement in the room felt like a little too much and tried to calm my nerves.

 

“You’re welcome.” Doyeon interrupted my thoughts.

 

I looked at her with confusion, “What are you talking about?”

 

“I know that note was yours, I saw you drop it when we visited the other room.” she replied. “You looked like you were about to die of embarrassment so I decided that I would help you out and take the chance to confess to Yoojung.”

 

I glanced at her, “You really like her, you’re not just using the note as an excuse right?”

 

“Of course I like her, I’ve liked her since I was a new trainee just a year ago and she helped me catch up with the other girls.” Doyeon grinned. “And I basically think all of the things in her letter about her, so it made sense. So unnie, who’s the letter for?”

 

I thought about how Doyeon had saved me from an awkward situation and d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter