Detention

Produce 101/I.O.I. Oneshots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Detention

 

Kim Nayoung

 

Get your act together, Nayoung, you are slightly older than this girl. Make eye contact…no don’t look away, eye contact.

 

“So why is detention inside of your fancy office?” I played it cool.

 

Kim Sejeong perfection in physical form and as an added bonus, school president. How a second year could get the president position, I didn’t know but there she was sitting at her desk with her bright aura in place.

 

She eye-smiled, “Well no one else got detention but you and as I’m a helper of the students. I thought I could help you out personally.”

 

Ah, my eyes, she’s too bright!

 

“You looked directly at her didn’t you?” Somi, the vice president tsked. “Amateur mistake, you never look directly at Sejeong unnie because the likelihood you’ll be blinded by her is too strong.”

 

I whispered, “Thanks for telling me that now.”

 

“But to get more used to her bright aura, I recommend these pictures of our wonderful president.” Sohye appeared from underneath the table and handed me several photos of Sejeong smiling.

 

Ah, out of the whole student council, Sohye was definitely the strangest. She was a shy freshman that had this adorable awkward charm about her. When she first got to school, kids actually bullied her because of her shyness but Sejeong had taken her under her wing. What resulted was the birth of treasurer Sohye and the most well known stalker of Sejeong. It was adorable really, if not a little strange.

 

And I got these cool photos out of it too!

 

Wait no, play it cool don’t look at the various photos of Sejeong.

 

….I looked.

 

“You can have an album set for twenty bucks.” Sohye sidled up to me.

 

An arm pulled her backwards, “Sohye, stop selling photo albums of the school president.”

 

“But Yoojung-ah, I’m just spreading joy.”

 

Im Nayoung crossed her arms, “It’s unprofessional to argue in front of a student we are attempting to help.”

 

Yoojung and Sohye immediately looked down like kicked puppies and Nayoung sighed before handing them both candy which made the two instantly brighten.

 

Ah yes, the other less awesomely cool Nayoung.

But seriously, what was this student council? They had a creepily happy all the time president, crazy dancing vice president Somi, stone Buddha Nayoung, puppy Sohye, and Yoojung the adorable first year who had a tendency to be a bit of a crybaby.

 

This was the strangest combination of people I had ever met.

 

“It says here on your detention slip that you apparently made a student cry and then tried to jump out the window but couldn’t pick up the courage even though your music class was on the second floor.” Sejeong read the paper.

 

When she read it like that it sounded bad but I had panicked. The man was after me and I was just trying to stick it to him….or save my who knows.

 

I replied, “That was an honest misunderstanding, Mina was crying from laughter and because she at a bell pepper.”

 

“My baby?” Sejeong gasped. “Okay that’s it expelled!”

 

I sputtered, “How is that fair?”

 

“Because Mina is my child and anyone who makes her cry deserves punishment.” she slammed her gavel down.

 

Somi added, “But you already expelled that group of boys for looking at ‘your child’ for an unusually long amount of time, don’t you think this is going a little overboard.”

 

“Yeah, you’re starting to turn into a real mitch.” other Nayoung gave her a look.

 

I asked, “Mitch?”

 

“You know with the children, we’re trying to clean up language.” the half-American girl pointed to Sohye and Yoojung. “Sejeong unnie heard one of them say a cuss word and almost passed out from grief, so we implemented this system. None of us even cuss but Sejeong assumed we were somehow the problem.”

 

My look said it all, “And you think mitch is somehow a big difference from bit….”

 

“Yah, no cussing in front of the children!” Sejeong raised her voice. “You better stay away from my babies Yoojung, Sohye, and especially Mina.”

 

Nayoung two gave her a look, “You do realize that all three of them are only two years younger than you, right?”

 

“Be careful unnie or you might become the second Nayoung on Sejeong’s list.” Somi snickered.

 

I internally cried realizing that she was right. How was it that within ten minutes of walking into this room I had somehow gotten my crush to hate me? I was both impressed with myself and depressed. I decided now was the time to grovel and opened my mouth to prepare when the door flied open and Mina walked in.

 

“Unnie, do not expel Nayoung unnie!” she cried. “She just made me laugh and that’s why I cried it was no big deal, really.”

 

Sejeong’s expression softened, “Okay, I can let that part go but she still attempted to run away so she has to have some sort of punishment.”

 

*Sigh* why had I attempted to jump out a window? Looking back it had been a horrible idea.

 

Mina suggested, “How about she comes in here and serves her detentions helping you guys out.”

 

“Well I’m sorry for accusing you of things Nayoung-shi, so as a sign of my apology why don’t we go with Mina’s plan?” Sejeong brightened.

 

I couldn’t help my smart remark, “I’m not sure if that’s being let off easy.”

 

“Take the deal.” Mina whispered.

 

Okay, let me consider this really quick. I could spend a whole month hanging out with my crush? BUT and this was a huge but, I had to deal with her crazy friends. Could I even survive the craziness that was Somi, Yoojung and Sohye? And there was less cool Nayoung who was just super quiet all the time.

 

Hmm, what to do.

 

“Deal.”

 

Day 2 of Detention

 

I walked through the doors calmly and immediately walked out again when the sight of Yoojung crying while holding her knee greeted me.

 

Not only that but Somi was actively trying to bribe her while holding a stuffed panda and candy in her other hand.

 

“Sejeong, is going to be a total mitch if she sees you crying.” Somi begged. “I’ll bring you candy for a whole month if you stop right now.”

 

Yoojung stopped cr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter