BFFs

Produce 101/I.O.I. Oneshots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

BFFs

Dani

 

“The cost to get past is a kiss.” Somi cutely grinned at me.

 

I flicked her forehead, “I’d rather walk all the way around.”

 

“Hater.” she pouted.

 

I rolled my eyes and continued to walk forward. My flirty friend quickly caught up to me and we continued to walk our usual path to school.

 

She commented, “I heard there’s a new student in our class.”

 

“If she’s half as bad as player Juna, I’m out.” I commented.

 

Somi intertwined our fingers, “I guess we’ll find out.”

 

My best friend of many years loved skinship and she was a pretty big flirt. Over the years, I’ve been her favorite target but I was kind of sick of it at this point. Somi was the same to everyone but seeing her being that way made it difficult for me, the lovestruck idiot.

 

But I knew this wasn’t some drama where just because I liked Somi she would instantly like me back. Nope, this was real life and that meant that I would continue to suffer as the best friend and bite my tongue whenever she held hands with someone else or kissed someone else’s cheeks or literally did anything like that.

 

Ugh, I had to snap out of it.

 

“C’mon if we’re late to class again Miss Kahi will kill us!” Somi checked the time on her phone.

 

I was already way ahead of her, sprinting past my bestie. Somi yelled a yah at me but followed after me.

 

With our long legs we were at our school in no time.

 

“Race you to the classroom!” she somehow got a lead on me.

 

I yelled, “You’re on.”

 

We were on the third floor which was fine and all except our running was making us both super tired.

 

By the time we actually made it to the third floor we were basically crawling on the ground.

 

“I refuse to loose to a girl that eats six square meals a day.” I gasped out.

 

Somi who was crawling right next to me meronged, “Hah, I’ll hold this against you for at least months.”

 

“You’re the worst.”

 

There it was, my window of opportunity.

 

I threw my bag at Somi who oomphed in surprise and jumped to my feet before entering our classroom.

 

“Nice of you to join us, Dani.” Miss Kahi commented wryly. “And I’m sure Somi’s not too far…”

 

Our teacher’s sentence was interrupted by Somi who tossed my bag back to me with a glare.

 

“Traitor!”

 

“Bestie~” I responded with a wide grin.

 

Our classmates snickered at our antics, more than used to us arguing all the time.

 

Miss Kahi clapped her hands together loudly to quiet the class, “Because you girls were late, you’ll be in charge of helping our new transfer student adjust.”

 

“Have fun, Dani.” Somi walked to her seat.

 

I may have a huge crush on that girl but she was still the worst sometimes.

 

The pretty girl I hadn’t even noticed next to Miss Kahi bowed, “I’m Chaeyeon.”

 

“Dani.” I awkwardly bowed back.

 

Our teacher shooed us to our seats, “Okay, time for class to actually start.”

 

Somi

 

I stabbed at my salad, sitting across from my friend Hayoung.

 

"Any reason why you're murdering lettuce?" she asked.

 

I didn't answer and continued to stare across the cafeteria where Dani was sitting with Chaeyeon.

 

Hayoung followed my gaze, "Chaeyeon's really pretty."

 

Ugh Chaeyeon she wasn't that pretty.....okay she was but still. There was no reason for Dani to leave me for her! We had taken a friendship pact in elementary that I took very seriously but Dani apparently didn't. She was stuck to Chaeyeon's side every since she came to this school.

 

"I guess." I shrugged.

 

She smirked, "Are you jealous?"

 

"Why would I be jealous?" I coughed.

 

And why would I be we were besties, it's not like I liked Dani. We had grown up together, done almost everything important together, and basically been together since we met.

 

She replied, "Because Dani i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter