No Germs Please!

Recipe to a Good School

"Welcome everyone! To our show!"

Seungkwan and Soonyoung stood behind a puppet theatre the three adult males had built. Without any puppets and fake, colourful microphones in hand, they chatted about various items-- On cue cards.

"What's one of these?"  Soonyoung called out, holding up a cue card with a large brown bear.

"Bear, bear!" The children called out, raising their hands. 

"Why does it seem like the children are teaching more than us?" Seungcheol whispered to Jisoo and Jeonghan. They both shrugged, chuckling slightly.

"We gotta step up our game, that's it! If they win though, I think we would have to quit." Jisoo joked, getting a nudge from Seungcheol's elbow and a small giggle from Jeonghan.

"Bear..." Seungkwan whispered, putting his hands in the air. "Bears in the air!" 

With some silence before, the children stared in awe. "Don't stop there!" Soonyoung said, patting the other on the back after slamming his hand on the stage to create a beat.

Seungkwan immediately began rhyming words with 'bear', instantly getting the children's applause. When he couldn't think of one to end with, Jisoo quickly threw in 'Belair' and he finished with that.

"Where did you learn how to rhyme like that?" Soonyoung asked, inching the toy mic closer to him.

He huffed, placing his hands on his hips proudly. "Me and Hansol took a liking to it!" He said, oh-so professionally.

"Oooh! That's super cool!" The blond replied. "You guys could be rap stars!"

"Where is Hansol anyways?" 

A voice popped up, the brunette Seokmin standing behind them. The two gasped, surprised that they didn't see he come here earlier.

"His mom said that he was sick and could not come." Seungkwan sighed, a hand placed under his cheek as it carried his head.

"Why don't you go visit him?" The pink haired boy appeared when hearing the situation. Although he regretted walking over once the blond went behind him and rested his chin on his head.

"Yeah! We can give him gifts!" The young Chan said, strolling over while hand in hand with Mingyu and Wonwoo.

"Mhm, we can all leave after school!" Mingyu suggested, all nodding.

"Can we join?" 

Their heads turned to see Jun and Minghao, waving peacefully. "I have some leftover snacks I can give." Minghao muttered out, smiling.

"Let's all go then!" Seokmin quickly yelled, all of them but Seungkwan cheering. It surprised him over how fast they all agreed to go see his bedridden friend. In a way however, he felt overjoyed.

"Uh-huh, and what are you kids planning?" 

They gasped, Seokmin and Soonyoung screaming instead while grabbing onto each other. Jihoon was unfortunately stuck in the middle. 

"What, am I that scary?" Jeonghan said, chuckling slightly as Jisoo and Seungcheol came closer to see what happened.

"Are all of you ninjas..." Minghao mumbled under his breath, Jun giggling as he heard him.

"We wanna go to Hansol's house!" Seungkwan said, the first to regain his composure.

"And skip?" Seungcheol added.

"Not what we meant." Jihoon commented which earned a laugh for the older male.

"Did you ask your parents?" Jisoo said, kneeling down to their level. The room became unusually quiet. They forgot about that part.

The latter's sigh broke the uneasy silence as he stood back up. "I'll make a phone call for you all, alright? I'll also bring you over there." He made a reassuring smile before leaving to go to the office room, hearing cheers behind him.

A good thirty minutes passed once he finished the phone calls. It was a good thing the parents agreed, otherwise they may have a crying child on their hands. He plopped onto his chair, hearing the office door click open.

"You okay with taking them alone?"

"Oh, Seungcheol," He said, raising his head slightly to look at the ravenette. "Mhm, I should be fine."

"You sure? I can go with yo-"

"'Is this jealousy I hear?'." He interrupted, grinning widely.

"Aish, so rude." The other punched his shoulder lightly. "Don't go recreating my lines." They both broke in loud laughter, smiles filled with joy.

"Glad to be working with you again, Seungcheol."

"You too, Jisoo. Now if you'll excuse me, I need my lunch!" He said, jumping into the seat next to him and pulling out a lunch box. Jisoo waved goodbye as he left, going to the children to say that their parents agreed.


“Alright, we got cookies, cards, drawings…” Jeonghan said, in a small circle with the excited children.

When Jisoo came back, he met the eyes of Jihoon, who quickly pointed to the large pile of gifts in the middle. It seemed like not only the boys prepared something but all of the class did. It was thoughtful, and it made a very pleased Jisoo smile. “Now all they had do was wait.” He thought to himself, letting some other children join the small circle with them.

At the end of the day, the children were being picked up by parent; Of course, except the small group traveling to their friend’s house. Jisoo placed his spring coat on, looking behind him to see that the others were copying him. He chuckled, turning to meet the eyes of Jeonghan. 

“You got a map?” Jeonghan asked, Jisoo nodding and giving him a thumbs up. “Be careful, you got a family of ducklings with you.” He joked, Jisoo chuckling.

“Am I a single dad now?”

“I think that’s more of Seungcheol’s area. You’d make a good mom though.” He said, the other instantly groaning.
“Says you.” He pouted, the long haired male laughing and patting his head. “See? Totally mom like.”

“Yes, yes, now take the kids out.” He laughed, waving his hand in the air as if dismissing his comment.

The children quickly got into a line behind Jisoo, following him outside. Each of them held hands with the person behind them.

“What if we get sick by talking to him? What if we die?!” Seokmin blurted out, looking to the person in front of him who was Seungkwan. The latter frowned, tempted to smack him.

“We’re not going to die! He is not that sick!” He replied, turning back to the front.

“It wouldn't be surprising if we got sick.” Jihoon spoke out, turning to the two behind him. “It is a cold.”

“Hmph! You guys are just rude.” Seungkwan huffed, stopping once he saw Jisoo stop.

They all stopped at a grey apartment building, newly made. The older male turned to the children, smiling softly. “Okay now, I don't anyone to be too noisy. Agreed?” They nodded, grins appearing on their faces. Quickly, they walked to a brown door, knocking on it.

“Coming!” 

A woman opened the door with a large smile, inviting them all inside. When they walked in, they found Hansol on the couch, curled up in a blanket, tissues at his side and a game controller in his hands.

“Oh. Guys.” He blinked owlishly, surprised that they were here. “Come on, sit down.” The children quickly went to meet with their friend, Soonyoung and Seungkwan holding all the gifts they prepared. “Whoa this is for me?” He spoke, smiling tiredly.

“Yup!” Chan yelled, raising his hand. “Everyone in class helped! Look at them, look at them!”

“Hey, he's sick! Don't force him!” Seungkwan blew raspberries at the younger, going closer to the sick friend.

“I'll be fine Seungkwan,” He replied, coughing slightly in his hand. “Let me see them!”

After a while longer of chatting, looking at the gifts and playing games, Hansol fell asleep, which also meant it was time to head off. While the others were putting their boots on and Jisoo was saying thank you to the mother, Seungkwan was still in front of the sleeping boy.

“Hmm..” He hummed, staring at him with sad eyes. He'd hoped that the other would get well soon and come back to the kindergarten, but the boy was impatient. How could he get well quickly?

“I have an idea.”

Seungkwan was going to scream before his mouth was covered by a small hand. Turning around, he saw Mingyu, grinning mischievously.

“I know what you're thinking, I'll help you out.” He leaned closer to his ear, whispering something. In an instant, Seungkwan’s face turned into a bright red. 

“Are you crazy--”

The other hushed him from saying anymore, still having the same grin. “It's the only way. You don't need to. Always work in movies.” With that, he joined the others.

The boy stared back at Hansol, gulping loudly. “Fine.. If this the only way..” He whispered to himself. “I'll do it.”

[One Day Later--]

Once Hansol entered the kindergarten, he met the eyes of Soonyoung, Seokmin, and Jihoon who were playing with the blocks.

“Oh! Hansol, you are sick anymore!” Soonyoung called out, everyone quickly surrounding him with glee.

“Mhm! I feel much better!” He cheered, the others cheering with him. “Now everyone is back and not sick!”

“Ah, where's Seungkwan?” Minghao spoke out, looking around. The children shrugged, Hansol blinking owlishly. 

“Oh, he's not here yet?” He asked, the boy shaking his head. “.... Oh.” He let out a worried sigh before seeing Seungcheol walk to them. 

“About Seungkwan, his parents called and said he was sick.” He chuckled slightly, mumbling the words: “I heard he wouldn't watch anything but romance while he ate.”

He walked away, glad none of them heard him. Well, only one did. Mingyu wrapped his arms around his waist, laughing quietly.

Wonwoo raised an eyebrow, looking at him. “What's so funny?”

“I know why Seungkwan is sick.” Mingyu whispered in between his quiet chuckles.

“Because he went to a sick boy’s house?” Wonwoo guessed, Mingyu shaking his head.

“I told him-- PFFFT- I told him if he wanted Hansol to not be sick, he has to kiss him.”

“You--” Wonwoo turned red, smacking Mingyu’s arm. “Wow. Just wow.”

And at Seungkwan’s home, he sneezed twice, knowing the myth now, thanks to the movies. 

“... Someone is talking about me. Or I'm just sick.”