And the Meal is Complete

Recipe to a Good School

Jeonghan sighed in his seat in the office as the sun slowly started to set. Soft rays were still crawling through the window, landing on his head. The male became completely frustrated. It was the end of the day, the children all went back home. Well, the ones that remained. Since Jihoon’s dad had took him away, rumours began surfacing about the daycare that the people in charge weren’t capable to work there, or as teachers at all. It gave them an extremely bad reputation, so bad that some other parents also took their children to other daycares.

 

“God how can people talk so fast?” He groaned, pushing his long hair behind his ear.

 

“Stressed?” Jisoo strolled in, holding two cups of coffee in his hands. Seungcheol appeared right behind him, stealing the coffee from his hand and handing it over to the other.

 

The male sighed once more, taking the coffee tiredly. “You have no idea. What if we lose our jobs?”

 

“I’m pretty sure that won’t happen.” Seungcheol comforted, patting his back lightly as Jisoo found two seats for them to sit in. Taking another a sip, he smiled at the two.

 

“Thanks guys, but we can’t rule out the possibility.” He spoke. He knew he had to keep a positive mind, but how could he?

 

Jisoo stared at the two, noticing the negativity in the air. In panic, he spoke up. “How about we change the subject? We could talk about this later.”

 

Seungcheol delightfully agreed and Jeonghan, although wanting to discuss this problem as soon as possible, couldn’t refuse. The younger of the three quickly threw topics to talk about at the two, ranging from cats to mountains. Laughter filled the room, even when the long haired male still had worries in the back of his head.

 

Suddenly, he thought of something. “Hey, I asked you this a while back but why did you guys want to be teachers?” The two looked curiously at him as he shrugged. “You guys had different dreams when you were younger.”

 

“Well technically, I am very famous in SoundCloud, as I mentioned.” Seungcheol proclaimed, grinning. “Check out my mixtape, S.Coups is my username.”

 

Jeonghan giggled, shaking his head. “No, you’re not dodging the question this time buddy!”

 

“Let me go first then,” Jisoo smiled softly but it faltered slightly. “It really was because I didn’t feel confident in music anymore.”

 

The two blinked owlishly, looking slightly more serious. He watched their reactions before continuing. “Something happened in high school.”

 

[To the past we go~]

 

A cheerful smile walked through the doors of a rundown high school, students like his with large hopes roamed the halls. He was ready for this. This was a new start and it was going to be great. With a bright expression, he looked down to his bracelets. He’d always looked at them with a sense of ambition and he was sure the others were like this as well.

 

A hop in his step, he travelled towards his first period class. He entered slightly nervous, seeing that there were already kids with groups of people around them. Quietly, he took his seat.

 

“Hey!” A voice called out, Jisoo’s attention turning to this male with extremely short hair. He wouldn’t say he was bald, more as if he looked to be an anime baseball player.

 

Jisoo waved a small wave, muttering a small hello. The male dispersed from his group, making his way to the other’s desk. “The name’s Jisoo!”

 

Jisoo blinked. “My name’s Jisoo.”

 

“Whoa, seriously?! Dude that’s trippy..” The male exclaimed, taking a seat next to him. “But then we gotta have nicknames! We can’t be confusing people.”

 

Jisoo nodded, excited for the outcome. What would his name be? He chuckled to himself as he thought of possibilities.

 

“Oh what about Joshua?” The other said, turning back to him. Jisoo blinked owlishly. Joshua didn’t sound bad. In fact, he liked it. “You do look like a Joshua.” He smiled at him. “As a compliment.”

 

“Okay then.” He nodded but being lost in thought again. What would suit his new found friend? “Jacob?” He thought outloud.

 

“Oh!” The boy lit up, smile widening. “I like that! Joshua and Jacob, sounds like a pair!” It certainly did and he had hopes that they’d be friends for a long time. Just then, the teacher walked in. “I’m going to tell the teacher to use those names! Hold on, ‘kay?”

 

Jisoo nodded once more, happy with the result as his friend made his way to the teacher.

 

This was going to be a good year.

______________________________________

 

Hanging out with Jacob had benefits. One: He had a bit more friends than he expected, as he thought he’d be alone the whole time. Second: Jacob was a popular kid, meaning he wouldn’t ever get bullied like in all of those movies. Although, high school was never like the movies. Third: Jacob was understanding, so they grew pretty close. Having a best friend is a benefit on it’s own.

 

Just like any other times, the two were walking down the hallway when something caught Jisoo’s eyes. He stopped in his tracks, making his friend follow after him. “Dude, what’s up?” He asked before following his eyes.

 

In front of the two were sign up sheets for the school band pasted on a small corner of the school’s board. “Oooh, school band! You like music?”

 

His eyes twinkled as he grabbed the male’s shoulders. “Are you kidding me?! I LOVE music!” He also shouted, turning back to the sign up sheet.

 

“Damn son, I didn’t know.” He laughed, before seeing that he wasn’t signing up. “Josh, what are you doing? Sign up!”

 

“A-Aah.. Nah, I think they probably have enough.”

 

“What?! Man, what’s the matter? You wanted to sign up just moments ago!”

 

He groaned, rubbing his neck. “I don’t know man, I don’t wanna go sign up alone.”

 

“You’re.. Shy?”

 

“I guess?”

 

Jacob grinned, yanking the pencil beside it that hung on a string held up by a thumbtack, scribbling something onto the page. “What are you doing?” Jisoo asked, puzzled. He surprised to see Jacob’s name on the sign up sheet.

 

The male tossed over the pencil, the other catching it with a wobble. “Now you don’t need to sign up alone! Besides, I’ve always wanted to play drums anyways.” He laughed, snapping. “Ta da!”

 

He smiled brightly, writing his name under his with a hum. “Thanks Jacob.”

 

“Not a problem! Now let’s eat lunch, I’m starving!!”

 

_______________________________________

 

It had been three years since that happened, now the two were in their final year of school. They were still in the band, performing passionately with other members. Some left, some joined, but it seemed like those two were never going to leave. They both enjoyed it too much. They weren’t the best band, Jisoo knew that. They had a lot to work on.

 

Still, most of their adult figures wouldn’t let that happen. Teachers would bombard them with speeches of  how music wasn’t going to help them get a ‘real’ job and that they needed to focus on their studies. It wasn’t like they had bad grades either. Jisoo was beyond average and Jacob seemed to be doing fine as he said, the two had no worries about passing anything. Still, it weight on them everywhere they went.

 

“Argh! The teachers so annoying sometimes!” Jacob shouted, stomping on the ground as they walked into the music room. Jisoo laughed, taking a seat and setting up his guitar. “Are you not bothered?”

 

“I am, it’s just funny seeing you frustrated.” He teased, the other gasping loudly.

 

“wOW HONG JISOO, ARE YOU A SADIST?!” He screamed, making the other flustered.

 

“Oh my gosh, don’t say that out loud!” He cried, standing up. “People can hear!”

 

“Does this mean I’m correct?! Joshua, no!” Jacob joked, laughing in between words.

 

“Shut up oh my gosh I hate you.”

 

“Dramatic as usual.” The two turned to the doors two see their other band members as well as the teacher. Jisoo’s face turned a bright red, making him cover his face in his hands.

 

“You should have knocked, you know!” Jacob said, going behind the drums and taking a seat.

 

“I’m pretty sure you wouldn’t be able to hear us if we did.” The teacher replied, the other members snickering as they got to their places. “Alright everyone! We have a competition, so let’s get started!”

 

Together they began playing their usual songs, having fun like every other day. Everyone was blending in perfectly and he really wouldn’t want another group. They were really going to win this. As he was playing, he thought slightly of his future. What was he really going to do after this? Was he going to pursue music? Either way, he was just happy to be playing with them, and he was sure they thought the same.  Or so, Jisoo thought.

 

After a long day of playing and learning songs, the sun had set. Jisoo let out a loud sigh, putting his guitar in the case and placing it in the spot it’s always been. “That was fun guys!”

 

The group smiled at him, some putting a thumbs up before Jacob wrapped his arm around his shoulder. “We did pretty well! Watch out, music world!” The two laughed.

 

“Alright, joking aside, I have to go,” He said, crawling out of his friend’s grip. “Mom needs me.” The team cooed at him as he grabbed his bag, hearing things like ‘mama’s boy’. He laughed it off, walking out the door. They were a mess, but so was he.

 

The male continued to walk his way out of the school, humming softly when he reached in his pocket. He blinked owlishly, rummaging through his pocket. “Huh, my phone.” He took a squat, putting his bag on the ground before digging through that. “, must have left it in the music room. Back in I go!”

 

He strolled into the school once again, going through the empty hallways. It was kinda creepy to see an always bustling school empty.

 

It didn’t take him long to reach the music room. He reached for the doorknob when he heard his nickname in the room; Joshua. ‘Are they talking about me?’ He thought, curious. He softly pressed his ear to the door, listening closely.

 

“Are you serious?!” The first thing he could hear was Jacob shouting, clearly upset. What could have upset him? He’s not the type to get emotional or angry.

 

“Jacob, calm down.” The teacher said in a hush tone.

 

“How can I?!” Jacob shouting again, followed by something falling and crashing into the ground. Did he push something? Jisoo started to worry.

 

“It’s natural.” A member said, somewhat smugly. “He’s a weak link.”

 

“But kicking him out? He’s worked too hard for this!”

 

“Clearly not hard enough.” Another member scoffed. Jisoo blinked owlishly. Were they talking bout him? It was easy to put two and two together, it could also be why Jacob is so angry. He wasn’t sure to feel relieved or disappointed. Was he not good enough for them?

 

“Enough!” The teacher’s voice boomed through the room. “Joshua is not right for this band.” He stood still, even when his mind told him to leave and stop listening in. Was he good at music in the first place?

 

“If he isn’t, then I’m not either!” Jacob exclaimed.

 

A sigh was heard. “Jacob, unlike Joshua, you need the band.” The teacher spoke.

 

“Why is that? I don’t need s.”

 

“Your grades aren’t that good, are they? And you want to get into university?”

 

JIsoo took that time to open the door, and as he expected the room was a mess. He knew why he walked in at that time. Grades were a touchy subject for Jacob. He knew.

 

Their eyes stared at Jisoo in surprise but to him it seemed to feel like arrows striking every part in his body. He took a breath, swallowing some salva despite his throat being dry. He needed to move, or at least say something, right?

 

“Uhm,” He stuttered, looking at them. “Why is everyone staring at me? Did I interrupt something?”

 

Some had looks of relief, although seeing those hurt just a bit more. “What are you doing here, Joshua?” The teacher muttered out, faking a smile.

 

“What, I’m not supposed to be here?” He joked, suppressing a chuckle. “I’m here to get my phone, no worries.”

 

He grabbed his phone in a rush, waving goodbye before closing the door and leaving the school faster than ever.

 

[Back to present!~]

 

“I quit after that, and Jacob and I drifted apart.” Jisoo concluded before chuckling at the other two’s reactions as they were near to tears. “Oh my gosh, it’s not that sad.”

 

“JISOO HUG ME.” Seungcheol cried out, clinging onto the other. He laughed slightly, patting the male’s shoulder.

 

“It’s okay, I’m over it. I’ve gotten better at guitar, and they were kinda right.”

 

“But, why did you want to be a teacher?” Jeonghan said, tilting his head.

 

“I feel like.. I’d be better? Instead of talking to me truthfully, they spoke behind my back. I don’t want other people to feel like I did.” He responded. “But I think we can relate this to our situation.”

 

Jeonghan widened his eyes. “How so?”

 

“We need to improve, if we try a little harder, rumours won’t exist anymore. We can do it, we need to be strong for the kids that are still here. We can be strong if we have each other.” He smiled, making the other smile back.

 

“You know,” Seungcheol started, finally letting go of Jisoo. “We’re kinda similar. I looked at our gifts to gain courage too.” He grinned, holding up his wrist with the bracelet cheerfully.

 

“Same haha. That paper helped too.” The long haired male sighed in relief before realizing their confused expression. “You know, the paper Jisoo gave me a long time ago.”

 

Jisoo seemed to get the idea, turning red. “Oh, I cannot believe you looked to that for strength.”

 

“Wait wait wait.” Seungcheol said, pausing for a bit. “Are you having an affair?! Cheating on me?!”

 

“Oh mY GOSH CHEOL NOOOO.” He exclaimed, burying his face in his hands.

 

“Yes, and we’re very happy together. I’m sorry Seungcheol.” Jeonghan replied, despite Jisoo’s protests and calls saying ‘guys no stop’

 

“Wow Jisoo I can’t, you have to choose.” The oldest said, frowning.

 

“I hate you all!”

 

Their worries faded, and with new hope, they were going to make this place better. Not for them, but for everyone else.


THE END

 

[Hello hello! This is the end! I'm happy for everyone who stayed with this awful fanfic lmaooooo- But yeah! If you want to talk more SVT with me, my twitter is CoffeeShipper soooo yup! I'll let you know when the next fic is coming up =u= I cannot wait for this one. also I might want to make an epilogue, but that won't be for long time. Thank you very much!~ I will see you next time.]