What About Desserts?

Recipe to a Good School

"Everyone, we have a new friend arriving!"

The children's ears perked up quickly to Seungcheol's words, surrounding him with curious gazes and lively chatter. From behind his right leg, a small child with bright pink hair peeked out. He wore a bright yellow sweater and black pants, carrying a small block from the pile beside him.

"This is Jihoon, he's going to be joining us. Go on, say hello."

Seungcheol softly nudged the small boy forward, Jihoon staring at them all before opening his mouth. Only to be interrupted by the blonde in the back of the group who had been unusually quiet.

"Wait, you're not a girl?" He exclaimed, Seokmin gasping right after.

"You don't just say tha--"

And at that moment, Soonyoung had a face full of blocks thrown at him. Even Seokmin had a taste of the block hitting him. It took about four minutes to get Jihoon to stop throwing the blocks, and three minutes to get Soonyoung away from him. Plus two more minutes for everyone to stop screaming. 

Since then, Jihoon somehow managed to stay away from everyone else. He never seemed to mind however. He played by himself, painted by himself, ate by himself, etc. And as much as the teachers tried helping him, the other children didn't feel like playing with him either. The outburst that he had made everyone have a perspective of him being dangerous.

"Jihoon, you aren't going to play with the others again?" Seungcheol asked, walking up to the other during a free time session. The boy was at the corner of the room, a toy piano sitting on his lap. Blank faced, he stared up at the male, making him sigh and sit beside him. "You know that st--"

"Staying alone isn't good for you." He interrupted, finishing the other's sentence. He blinked owlishly, Jihoon sighing like he did before. "Mhm, I know. I'm okay." He replied, quickly putting his focus back on the toy piano.

"...Alright. But promise me to at least try, okay?" He said, the boy pressed a key, a note playing. After about a moment, he nodded, Seungcheol smiling and patting his head before heading off. Jihoon sighed lightly, and continued to fiddle with the musical toy.

It wasn't as if all the children were disinterested in the rare pink haired boy. The one who was interest felt really bad about it. The one and only, Soonyoung.

Seeing no one approach him nor invite him in their activities left a sour taste in his mouth. Whenever he would spot the other, he seemed to always keep to himself, much different compared to the blonde.

"Hey Seokmin," He turned to his best friend, who was currently looking through the DVDs. "What should I do?"

"About what?" He replied, following the other's gaze onto the boy and letting out a small 'oh'. After a moment, he smiled at the boy. "What we always do!"

"Try to take over the world?" He questioned, hearing loud laughter come from his friend. Although the incorrect response, Soonyoung knew exactly what Seokmin was talking about. Quickly, they huddled up beside the DVDs, searching together.

Not before long, the two walked towards to Jihoon, sitting in front of him with large grins. He looked up from the toy, staring blankly at them. "What?" 

They held up a DVD case, showing an animated boy with it. With no words, they pulled the boy away to the T.V, one telling Jeonghan to put the show on. 

"What are you doing?!" The pink haired yelled, the blonde turning around yet not letting go. 

"We're going to watch anime together!" He replied.

The other pouted, shaking his head. "Why would I want to do that?"

"Because I'm going to be your friend!" He grinned, Seokmin quickly nodded.

"Me too!" He said, raising his hand in the air.

"I don't wanna be your friend." He blew raspberries at the two, pulling away as he looked back at the toy piano. 

Jihoon wasn't met with another sentence. Strange, he slowly turned back only to see sad puppy dog eyes staring back at him. At first, he tried resisting. After all, it wasn't like he wanted to. However, after a few minutes, he sighed, nodding. "Fine." 

With cheers of glee, they brought him in front of the TV. The opening quickly started, and the other two began singing.

The anime soon became very confusing for the boy. The plot was going so fast, there were so many side characters. With a sigh, he looked back to the two who brought him here. They were deeply engrossed in the anime, seemingly blocking out everything else.

"Okay, it's lunch time!" Jeonghan said, Jihoon letting out a sigh of relief. Before they could drag him back to watch, he ran to his bag and placing it on his back, walking to the office. He then quickly squeezed next to the corner of the room.

The two boys got their lunches, already noticing the pink haired's escape. They both felt slightly discouraged about this. They didn't think someone would give no attention to anything they were doing. They sat at a placed table inside the office, where many other sat as well.

"Soonyoung," Seokmin started to whine, playing with his mashed potatoes. "What are we going to do? That usually works." The blonde only nodded in response. "Maybe we shouldn't bother."

He blinked owlishly at his friend, slamming his palms onto the table.
"No! I'm not giving up! I'm going to be  his friend, even if he hates me!"

"I don't think that's how it works.." Seokmin laughed but gave him a thumbs up. "Good luck!"

And not give up he did. For the next week, Soonyoung 'hung out' with Jihoon. Wherever Jihoon would play, Soonyoung would too, whenever they had nap time, Soonyoung would bring his blanket near Jihoon's, and each lunch time, he'd bring Jihoon to Seokmin and eat with each other.

One day, Soonyoung was searching for Jihoon alone. Seeing that Seokmin was sick and couldn't come to the kindergarten, they had to eat without the other. After a bit of searching, he spotted the boy still in the play room. 

"Why are you still here? We have to eat lunch!" He said, seeing the boy jump in surprise. He didn't notice the blonde come inside. Although he should have suspected it.

"I'm not hungry." He lied, pouting cutely. Soonyoung sat down beside him, arms touching before Jihoon scooted away. Of course, Soonyoung scooted back next to him.

"What are you talking about? Everyone is hungry a--" He blinked owlishly once he was interrupted by a loud stomach growl. He looked up from his stomach, noticing that the pink haired's face was as red as a tomato. Unintentionally, he began to giggle, only to be met with a smack to the arm.

"Don't have a lunch?" He said to him, rubbing his arm.

"... No." 

"Hmm... Hold on!" 

Soonyoung got up quickly, running to his bag and pulling out chocolates. He ran back to the other, smiling widely. "These are my favourite! You can have some!" He sat back down, opening the box.

Jihoon didn't expect this. With a blank stare to the ground, he muttered out. "Why are you even doing this?"

"Because you're hungry?"

"Not what I meant!"

"Then what did you mean?"

He frowned, quickly turning to the male. "Why are you hanging out with me? I hit you."

The blonde paused for a moment, a brighter smile creeping onto his face. "Let's make a deal."

"What?"

The other chuckled, nodding quickly. "Right! Let's make a deal. I'll tell you why once we are older. In return, you have to be my friend."

"What type of deal is that?!" He questioned, flabbergasted. 

"A good one?"

He groaned, placing a palm on his forehead. In a few moments, he sighed, lifting his head again. "Fine."

"Good! Let's eat then!" Soonyoung smiled once more, giving him a piece of chocolate.

Jihoon sighed once more, placing the chocolate in his mouth. The blonde watched him expectantly, waiting for an answer. When he gave no answer, he decided to ask himself. "Does it taste good?"

A long moment of silence was heard before the pink haired boy giggled quietly. He then replied with a simple response. "I'll tell you when we're older."

".... Eh?"

 

[Hello everyone! We actually have 52 subs! I'm so happy! Thank you all for actually reading! I really thought we wouldn't make it to 5, hahaha- Anyways! Thank you again! Hopefully you all will like the other chapters! Thank you again again!]