Destined

My little spouse
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Gyuri walks happily into the classroom. She has a mission to accomplish and she is excited for it. Keeping the bag on her bench, she heads to Woohyun. Woohyun was busy writing something, probably completing the maths assignment that teacher gave them this week. How studious.

“Hey Woohyun” she greets with a smile, gaining Woohyun’s attention. She was one those 20-30 girls who had a different view towards Woohyun; to her Woohyun was a good friend, classmate and nothing more.

Woohyun stops writing and raises his head “Good morning Gyuri” he smiles.

She leans on the bench opposite to that of Woohyun’s “Never thought you’d meet my brother someday” she starts.

“I..never knew you had one” he admits shyly. Gyuri squeals inwardly looking at the tinge redness decorating Woohyun’s ears. She gets the required confirmation to proceed with her mission.

“I think you both were fated to meet” she shrugs in a nonchalant way but inside she is curious about Woohyun’s reaction.

“O-oh” Woohyun replies and returns his gaze to the book. Gyuri could sense the nervousness in his voice.

‘I will be the best cupid’ she promises herself. “By the way, oppa was asking about you the whole time yesterday” she shakes her as if she feels annoyed “What is Woohyun’s age, what are Woohyun’s hobby, what is Woohyun’s dream, is Woohyun single and so on. He seriously killed me with his questions, I never seen him so curious about someone” she ends with a sigh. Yes, Sunggyu asked a lot of questions to her about Woohyun indirectly, but not the last one. That one was added, just to add some sparks to the fire.

“R…really?” Woohyun looks at her in disbelief but there was some kind of hope in his eyes.

“Yes” Gyuri nods seriously.

“What did y-you say?”

Before she could answer, a smacking sound from Woohyun’s desk gain both of their attention. They both turn their head towards the sound and find Youngmi standing there in a seductive way, with the top two buttons of her shirt open, showing the v-line of her chest “Good morning oppa” she winks at him.

“Good morning” Woohyun returns the greeting and looks away from her. Gyuri just rolls her eyes. How shameless can this girl be?

“Good morning too Youngmi” Gyuri says sarcastically.

Youngmi ignores her and bends her elbow, ducking her head forward to Woohyun and revealing more of her skin, she purrs “Oppa why are you looking away. You left me alone yesterday for that guy, at least give me a little attention today.”

Gyuri frowns. Shouldn’t this be considered ual harassment? She walks towards Youngmi and pulls her back “That guy was his boyfriend, so just leave him the alone now” she snarls.

Woohyun looks at her in disbelief and Gyuri scoffs “And how the hell would you know that?”

“Because the guy Woohyun is dating is my brother. So now you better stay away from him or the consequences aren’t going to be good” she warns her.

“Stop lying. Why would that hot chick need a high-schooler?”

“I think some people just don’t understand a simple concept called love. Well, think as you wish but leave him the alone, my oppa is quite possessive” she says in a calm voice.

Youngmi opens to say something but a boy cuts her off “Youngmi, you are called to the dean’s office.”

Gyuri smirks. Probably regarding the bully case she was involved 2 days ago.  Youngmi stomps her right foot lightly and leaves.

Gyuri turns to Woohyun only to find that the other had his mouth parted slightly and his eyes glazed, with a dark shade of red painting his ears, the effect of word ‘love’ used in the sentence, she guesses.

She snaps her finger in front of Woohyun’s eyes, bringing him back from his own thoughts “She is gone.”

“W-why did you do that?” Woohyun asks.

“What? You wanted her to stay and harass you?”

“No,....not that. Why did you say that I’m hyung’s b-boyfriend?” he asks nervously.

She shrugs “I thought oppa wouldn’t like her being close to you since that was the reason he came to you yesterday”

“Oh….” he flushes.

“Sorry I don’t want to sound rude but can you give me any sort of way, by which oppa can contact you? He kind of seemed eager for it but he is very prideful to ask for it by himself” she tries to sound casual  but inwardly she gets anxious. This was the main step of her mission.

“H-huh?” Woohyun looks at her confoundedly .

“Ah…never-mind, see you later” she turns around and cringes. Great, mission failed. The best cupid, duh she curses herself for taking such a bold step. Stupid cupid!

The whole day in the university she keeps cursing at herself. And when the final bell of the last lecture rings, she dejectedly makes her way towards the exit gate of the university; but before she could make her way out, someone calls her. “GYURI!”

She turns back and finds Woohyun running towards her. Maybe to apologize for rejecting her in the morning, she supposes. Woohyun pants hard as he reaches Gyuri and stands in front of her “I” he takes a deep breath to bring his uneven breath under control “I am sorry" he breathes out.

She was right. “Its totally ok Woohyun, I understand. I’m sorry for my behavior.”

“No, its ok. Can you please put forward your palm?” he asks.

Gyuri confusedly does as she is told and then Woohyun puts something on her palm “Please hand this to h-hyung” he says and dashes away. Gyuri looks at the now running figure in astonishment.

When her mind finally processes what happened a while ago, she rejoices. She excitedly makes her way towards Sunggyu's corporation.

She had never been to the office, so when their driver takes her to the destination, she looks at the complex in awe. The entrance of the complex had a big board with ‘Kim Corporation’ written on it and there were exactly 3 buildings in it- the middle one was the tallest, made up of glass.

After entering the company, she goes to the receptionist and tells her identity. A petite woman around late 20s accompanies her towards her brother’s room. Standing in the elevator, she puts her hand in the pocket of her jeans and palms the folded paper that Woohyun handed her.

Being the CEO of a company may sound fun, but with the title comes a lot of responsibilities. Today’s day was very hectic for Sunggyu. He had to attend 3 meetings simultaneously and had to check the reports that his employees submitted to him. It would have been a very easy task, if and only if, his mind was not pre-occupied with something elsen -someone else, to be more precise.

His mind was finding ways to go to Gyuri’s university. Maybe he could drop and pick Gyuri from her university regularly? God knows, he could get lucky and meet that guy once again and maybe he’d ask him for a trip to the art gallery that he was talking about.

He sighs for the nth time. Not again. Stop thinking. He doesn't know why, but that boy allures him to no end. He wants to see the boy again, spend time with him and most importantly keep staring into those black orbs that oozes innocence.

He stands up from his seat and makes his way towards the large window pane. He looks at the magnificent view out of his window and takes in a deep breath. The sun was setting behind the hundreds of building of the town and the sky was slowly turning dark. He wonders what the boy would be doing now. He really doesn't know why is he so enticed by the boy.

When he turns around he gasps in horror “Girl, you scared me” he says looking at his younger sister.

She shrugs “I didn’t want to disturb your peaceful moment.”

“What brings you here little devil? You never come to the company. As long as I remember your birthday is still far away” he rubs his chins with his index fin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter