Mending us

My little spouse
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sunggyu had cornered Gyuri during the plane ride near the washroom and begged her to tell him about last night. What he hears leaves him baffled.

"No Gyuri, I musn't have meant that! I swear to God that even in my wildest dream I would never pray to have Soowin as my wife! C'mon you know me!"

Gyuri sighs "I know oppa but that is what you told and I can still see  the heart-shattering face Woohyun made after that."

"No wonder Hyun hates me" Sunggyu mumbles defeatedly "I'm such an awful husband."

Since he got to know the real reason now, it really shouldn't come as a surprise that Woohyun didn't want to even be around him.

"Oppa," Gyuri places her hand on her brother's shoulder "I know you will fix this, of that I am very sure but please fix it soon. I miss my best friend's smile" she stands on her tiptoes to kiss Sunggyu's cheeks and then walks back to her seat. Sunggyu keeps standing there re-repeating the words that Gyuri told him, in his head. And then it dawns on him that it was just the dazy use of the english that made him say what he had said. 

He promises himself to come clear to his husband once they land in Hawaii but he also had alot to apologize for. Why not start right ahead? He pulls out his cell phone from his pant pockets and calls a number, pleading the man on the other side of the line to fulfill his request. He smiles and thanks the man a thousand times when he accepts.

After landing down in Hawaii, the whole team makes their way towards Oahu Residency.

Sunggyu had booked them a private abode near the beach for a span of one week. The abode was fancy and most of all, it was situated in a very good location.

"Nice choice, Sunggyu" Taewon says appreciatively. The old man had joined them at the airport before their take off.

"Must agree" Mrs Kim nods "Well, let's get some rest and then meet around 8 for dinner?" 

It was 4 in the afternoon and everyone was tired after the long airplane ride. 

"Alright and how about room arrangements?" Ms Nam asks.

"The upper floor has 3 rooms, so I suggest me, Hyun, Gyuri and Soowin take the upstairs' room" Sunggyu says "Downstairs has 3 rooms as well ."

"Oi Moonsoo, let's be roommates just like college days, what say?" Taewoon asks, wiggling his eyebrows at Mr Kim.

"Hah! I was just gonna ask that!" Mr Kim replies with a grin "Ladies, enjoy yourselves" he says, picking up his luggage.

Sunggyu smiles at that. He knows that the two friends must've decided this so that Ms Nam doesn't get lonely during the vacation.

All of them move to the decided rooms. Sunggyu convinces Gyuri and Soowin to let him have the bigger room of the three and he prays that the house-carer fulfilled the request he made to him on the plane.

When Woohyun opens the door to their room, Sunggyu smiles in relief and waits for Woohyun's reaction towards his first step for apology.

The room, as requested, was decorated in its best way with various colored roses placed on specific places, while a huge teddy sat on the queensized bed with a basket full of different chocolates in front of him.

Woohyun walks inside with his mouth wide open and he doesn't know what to think, what to speak; he had expected none of it so he doesn't know how to react. The beep of his mobile breaks his trance and he pulls it out only to find a text recieved from his husband. He turns around and throws a blank expression at his husband and gnaws his lower lip when the elder gestures him to open the text. With trembling fingers, he carries on with the task.

You need to know Hyun, there's no one I'd ever wish to have in place of yours. And Soowin? She doesn't even come close. I love you and only you. 

Hot tears sting the corner of his eyes and he raises his head to seek for some explaination from his husband. The assurance given by his husband washes him with relief and  all he needs is clearance now.

Soowin's words had brian-washed him so much that even though he knew that Sunggyu loved him, he couldn't doubt but question that as infatuation. And to top all of that, the picture he recieved today made him lose his reasoning side too.

"Please speak Hyung" Woohyun pleads as a single tear rolls down his left cheek which he wipes it immediately "Tell me I'm enough, tell me yesterday's words were a mistake, tell me...." he trails off with a sniffle,trying damn hard not to cry.

"Yesterday's words were not a mistake" Sunggyu says softly.

Woohyun bites hard onto his lower lip and concentrates on the copper taste of the blood in his mouth to not break down in front of the elder; the hot tears rolling down his cheeks freely now.

Sunggyu walks closer to his husband and lifts up the younger's face by his chin and leans down to kiss away the tears "Yesterday when I said to Soowin that 'you not my wife', I actually meant 'you not my Woohyun' and by 'why you not my wife', I meant 'Why you not my Woohyun' which simply meant that I wanted it to be you in place of her."

"What" Woohyun blinks uncertainly, releasing the abused lower lip from his mouth.

"" Sunggyu curses when his eyes notices the blood oozing out of the teen's lower lip. He tries to swipe his thumb over the abused flesh but stops when the younger hisses in pain. He was the reason behind this physical pain of the younger.

"Woohyun, you got to stop torturing yourself for my mistakes, please baby" Sunggyu requests "if you must, shout at me or hit me" he says earnestly.

"You seriously meant to address me?" Woohyun asks in stupor instead.

Sunggyu shifts his attention from Woohyun's lower lip to look into his husband's eyes "Don't I always call you as my wife?" he asks, looking deeply into the other's eyes.

It was true. Sunggyu would always call him a 'nagging wife' whenever he'd pester the other too much about something, a 'caring wife' when he'd look after Sunggyu on some occassions, a 'moody wife' when he'd not listen to Sunggyu; the term 'wife' would always be there though.

Woohyun twines his arm tightly around Sunggyu's shoulder and presses his face into Sunggyu's chest "I was so terrified after hearing t-those words Hyung" he mumbles against Sunggyu's chest "I c-couldn't t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter