Right Choice

My little spouse
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It had been 2 hours since the operation started. Woohyun and Gyuri had fallen asleep on Sunggyu's and his mom's shoulder simultaneously. Sunggyu looks at the two teens with compassion. This whole ordeal must have been too hard on them, so it was a gven that their emotionally exhausted mind gave in to the temptation of sleeping. 

Sunggyu raises his hand and rubs his own tired eyes with the heel of his palm. He looks at the bulb above the gate of the operation room and then looks at his watch. The surgery should been done by now. He shuts his eyelids and prays that the surgeons don't face any complications and the surgery becomes successful. 

He doesn't realize, when, he too falls asleep but the next moment his heavy eyelids open up, he finds his mother talking to the doctor seriously. Instinctively his eyes move to the bulb and he finds it off which meant that the operation was over. He then looks at his mother who now was bowing several times to the doctor with a smile on her face. The operation must have been successful, right? 

He slightly shakes Woohyun who jerks awake with widened eyes that were bloodshot and face a little swollen, "! How long was I asleep?" he asks with a panicked voice.

"Not long. The operation is over" Sunggyu says while lifting himself up from the seat.

Woohyun follows suit.

As soon as they turn to leave, Sunggyu's mom approach them and she engulfs Woohyun in a tight hug. "She made it through Woohyun-ah" she says with a trembling voice.

Sunggyu feels relieved, his lips finally curve into a smile while his eyes fill with tears of happiness.

On the other hand Woohyun closes his eyes and wraps his hands around her tightly. He feels overwhelmed and his mind becomes a mess of emotions. He feels relieved, guilty, scared; all at once and he doesn't even know how to express them, so he hugs her even tighter.

He was so scared. Scared that he would lose his mother, his only blood-related family member and his best-friend. He had yet to return all the love and care to her that she had showered him with all his life. And just the thought of never seeing her ever again scares him to hell. 

A hand starts caressing Woohyun's hair and he knew to whom it belonged. "Are you ready to meet her Woohyun?" his husband asks. He nods, retracts from the hug and wipes his tears from his cheeks "She isn't taking a rest right?"

"No, doctor wants her to, but she insists on meeting you."

 And so the three of them walk to the room where Mrs Nam was shifted after her surgery.

As soon as they enter the room Woohyun runs to his mother and settles at the stool kept beside the bed.

"Moom," he sobs taking his mom's hand into his hold "I'm so sorry, I'm such a bad son, scold me, hit me" he cries and buries his face into the bed beside his mom.

Mrs. Nam, using her other free hand, hits Woohyun's head lightly "I didn't die yet, you idiot" she says with a smile tugging at her lips but Woohyun keeps crying "You are not a bad son Woohyun-ah. You are my little ball of sunshine, c'mon stop crying and look at me" she says patting Woohyun's hair.

Woohyun shakes his head and mumbles something incoherrent.

Mrs Nam chuckles "You big baby, don't make me feel embarrassed in front of your in-laws" Woohyun grunts in response "Don't come running to me if your husband disowns you because of your childishness" she teases her son which earns her another incoherrent reply.

Woohyun finally raises his head "I was so scared mom" he says wiping the tears on his cheeks as new tears well up in his eyes.

Mrs Nam, with a little help, moves into a sitting position with her back resting against the bed post "Come here my baby" she calls Woohyun into her embrace.

Woohyun settles at the edge of the bed and engulfs his mom in a hug while being careful to not hurt her.

"I'm sorry my boy, I should've told you but I didn't want to scare you" Mrs Nam's voice tremble.

Woohyun sniffles against her "Mom we are best friends and best friend share everything."

"Yes, my boy, yes. I'm sorry, I will share everything with my bestie henceforth, alright?" 

Woohyun nods.

Mrs Nam loosens the hug and wipes the tear that rolled down her cheek. She looks at Mrs Kim and Sunggyu who were smiling warmly at them "I'm sorry, I just am very emotional on seeing my baby boy again."

Mrs Kim tells that she can understand her feelings while Sunggyu gives her a heart-warming smile.

They ask the doctor to give them some time because Woohyun doesnt agree to let go of Mrs Nam yet.

"Mom, you gonna stay with us after getting discharged from here" Sunggyu says -more like announces.

"Sunggyu-ah you don't need to do th-"

"No, Mrs Nam, Gyu is right." Mrs Kim cuts in "You can't go to stay alone, at least not until you are absolutely fine."

After persuasion from everyone, Mrs Nam finally agrees.

The doctor asks them to let Mrs Nam rest since her body was still coping up with everything. They bid Mrs Nam goodbye and leave to their houses.

Woohyun finds himself busy for the whole week because of the practice for the soccer competition that he had on the coming Saturday.

He really wished that his mom could attend it but he knows that it wasn't possible since doctor said that she'd be admitted in the hospital for the next 2 weeks in order to keep an eye on her body changes.

Even his husband said he couldn't come to the competition because of the work load that his company was facing right now.

He cheered himself up by saying that atleast Gyuri and Sungjong were there.

 

_______________________                  

 

"Woohyun someone asked me to give you this" Gyuri hands him a small piece of paper.

"What's this?" he asks while opening it up.

'It's not good to keep your husband waiting,

"Hyung came?" Woohyun asks in surprise.

"Go to the floor of boy's locker room and find it yourself" Gyuri shrugs.

Woohyun wastes no time in doing so. He sees Sunngyu standing in the passage, leaning against the wall with his hands stuffed in his denim pant's pocket. 

He walks to him and hugs him immediately "Hyung, you came."

"Hey, you made me wait long" he says resting his chin on top of his husband's head.

"Coach was giving us instructions." He lifts up his head to look at Sunggyu.

Sunggyu drops a kiss on Woohyun's forehead "Just give in your best and leave the rest to luck."

Woohyun nods and then quickly glances to his left and right, stands on his tiptoes and pecks his husband's lips "Thank you for coming hyung."

Sunggyu, for a moment, is taken aback by the bold action of his husband. But soon after he recovers, he pulls him close by his waist "Wow, so daring ha" he says looking into his eyes.

"Learnt from the best" Woohyun grins at him.

"Oh? Is that so? Your teacher must be the best" he replies cheekily.

"Nah, I just learn things pretty fast" he shrugs in his hold.

Woohyun had been little gloomy past 2 weeks, so Sunggyu feels happy to see his husband this cheerful again. He chuckles at his reply and leans to capture the pouty pair of lips with his own ones, for a better good-luck kiss.

"Woohyun, co- Oh, s-sorry" a panicked voice makes them break the kiss and jump apart.

"J-Jay" Woohyun calls out to his soccer mate. The called boy stops in his track but doesn't turn back. "I-I..um...wh-" Woohyun stutters nervously. 

"Coach was looking out for you, just hurry up" Jay replies in a haste and scurries off.

Hurry up with what? Woohyun lets out a long whine. What if Jay tells to his coach? What if his coach got a wrong impression that he too, like his other friends is using his popularity in a wrong way? Oh no. He will get good from his coach then!

"Woo?" His trance breaks on hearing his husband's voice. He hums in response "I'll meet you at your sports room after your game, ok, do your best" Sunggyu says with a smile and bids him goodbye.

 

____________

 

Considering that this was just an inter-college soccer competition, the stadium was really crowded. With much struggles, he moves to a place where he can have a better view of the game and his hot husband in white jersey.

He didn't know much about the game but whenever he saw his husband's team celebrating in the ground, he cheered loudly for them. 

The game ends with Woohyun and his team taking away the trophy. 

Sunggyu makes his way to the sports room with a proud smile on his face. His husband was like a superstar of his university. He felt proud when people were cheering loudly for his husband. Woohyun deserved it. Despite the circumstances going on in his life, he was able to give in his best. 

He reaches the sports room just to find some handsome tall guy hugging his possession dearly.

Sunggyu clicks his tongue exasperatedly. He is a mature, grown up man; yes. But he can't bear to see people clinging onto his husband so intimately. And that too when his husband was drenched in sweat. He wants to walk up to the two and pull them apart but he knows that it'd be really immature to do so. So he clears his throat to make his presence known.

The two of them part and set their eyes on Sunngyu. Woohyun's face splits into a smile on seeing Sunggyu "Hyung" he says and strides towards him. He gives him a quick hug and his hands rest on Sunggyu's waist unconsciously "Hyung, I did it!" he says looking into Sunngyu's eyes with a wide grin across his lips.

All of Sunggyu's anger vanishes into air. He bends down and pecks him "Mom will be proud of you. Well done, my boy" Sunggyu replies placing his hand on Woohyun's waist as well. His eyes lower and settle at way Woohyun's white jersey had become his second skin.

Only if they weren't in the school, he would ha-

"Woohyun?" the boy standing behind them speaks "I didn't know you had a hyung and that too such a loving one."

Woohyun removes his hands from Sunggyu's waist and turns around "H-he is not my hyung, Kiu Sunbae-nim"

"Your cousin?" 

"N-"

"Husband" Sunggyu cuts in "I'm Woohyun's husband" he says and moves to stand behind Woohyun with his chest pressed to Woohyun's back and hands on his hips. Possessively.

Kiu breaks into laughter "Your cousin is funny Hyun."

Sunggyu feels agitated. Why can't this dude understand it at once?

"Sunbae-nim, I had already told you that I'm a mar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter