Three Hundred and Eighty Nine days

Unnatural disasters
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I have yet to proof read this- sorry if there are any errors 

Training was hard.

It’s been hard for 389 days.

Luhan went to bed everyday sore, exhausted, and sometimes wounded.

Hand to hand combat was hard. His punches were never hard enough to break his opponent- so he was always the one getting broken.

Tonight, Luhan went to bed with a cracked lip, and a black eye. He flinched as he sat down on his hard and firm bed.

what did I do to deserve this?

Luhan cursed everything again.

All he wanted to do was open up a small repair shop, and find a husband.

But no.

He just had to get picked for this stupid draft.

Luhan punched his pillow and winced again.

God damn.

He went to bed with angry thoughts.

-

“hey loser” Minghe, the star student and the bully, yelled across the room at Luhan

“what.” Luhan glanced at him with a hint of annoyance,

“careful of your tone” Minghe sneered

“Minghe, you little , I’m older than you” Luhan snapped

Everyone in the training room got strangely quiet.

“but I’m ranked higher than you” Minghe got close to Luhan,

“because you kiss the instructors , and you take pride in beating up weaker people to prove your worth” Luhan snarled, and Minghe cocked his head.

“yeah, well it seems as if my ranking is about climb again, because we’re fighting today”

God damn it.

~

Minghe (3) versus Luhan (7)

Luhan frowned when he read the announcement.

“Luhan, you can just forfeit now” Chen, a small boy who still had a split lip from his fight with Minghe, said. “You can avoid this” and Chen pointed to his black and purple face.

“I’m not backing down from this one” Luhan stated, “I’ve been waiting for a chance to beat someone senseless, and I feel like the only person who deserves that is Minghe”

Chen just stared at Luhan,

“what?” Luhan suddenly felt weird

“you’re very brave” Chen said with a smile and gave Luhan a small nudge, “if you win, I’ll give you my baozi during lunch, and if you lose I’ll give you my ice pack”

“I don’t want your baozi, but I might want that ice pack” Luhan responded with a small smile,

“alrightyyyyy” Chen said and walked away to take a seat near the fighting ring, “good luck Luhan”

“thank you Chen” Luhan nodded toward the younger and made his way toward the fighting ring.

~

“Well, well, well” Minghe chuckled, “look at you”

Luhan didn’t reply.

Those who taunt never win.

Luhan replayed the moves in his head, and gave Minghe his death stare.

“look at you, you’re quivering” Minghe laughed, “this is going to be easy” and he lunged.

Luhan quickled dodged out of Minghe’s grasp and aimed a punch into the soft part of Minghe’s stomach. After feeling Minghe exhale sharply, Luhan brought his knee into Minghe’s face.

He could feel the latter boy’s nose crunch under the pressure.

Minghe stumbled back and manages to get a nice punch into the fight.

Luhan w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter