007

Daeun's Mystery
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 "Mom?" I called my mom, more like a whisper after hearing those little footsteps and the creepy baby's laugh from the hallway. Maybe she's already home? But with a child? 

Seconds later, still frozen to my place, I heard a deep voice obviously belonged to a man, answered my call, clearly behind me.

"Yes?" 

Uh-oh. No way. There would be no one in this house except me. There would be no way a man could break in this house after the doors and windows were securely locked. 

My hands on my sides began shaking out of fear after hearing the unfamilliar voice, right behind me. I inhaled deeply and bravely turned around to found out that there was no one behind me expect for the flickering lights from the hallway. 

I reliefly exhaled and began walking out of the kitchen while slapping my forehead with a smile on my lips. What am I thinking? Maybe I'm too tired that my mind started to scare me with those creepy imaginations. It's too late right now and I think I should head to bed without waiting for my mom.

After checking the time, I quickly head to bed before this stupid mind of mine begin its weird imagination again.

2:59 AM

/////

Waking up to an unfamilliar sound of quietness, I glanced at the window infront of my bed seeing the sky was starting to brightened up while the sun is slowly showing itself for the day. 

As I finished my usual morning stretching, I slipped in my slippers and made my way to the kitchen only to found out nothing but quietness. I sighed and began searching through the food cabinets and discovered a loaf of bread and some peanut butter spread. I made a simple sandwich and walked towards the living room before checking the time, which has become the habit of mine. 

6:45 AM

Still early though. Well school starts at 8 and I still have some time to dressed up and maybe, eat. 

While eating my sandwich, I walk towards my mom's bedroom to check if she's already home. To my suprise, she's not there and everything in the room was still there, untouched just like after we went off to send me to school yesterday. Where has she been anyway? She can't be overworking right now. 

So I decided to take a little walk around the house. The first thing that came to my mind was the photograph that I saw  when we first move here. Yes, the photograph of my mom and a mysterious guy. Kissing. 

Making my way to the living room again, I head for the place where the photographs were placed and suprisingly, the photo isn't there. The only photo's there are the photos of a child version of my mom and an old lady hugging her.

I looked everywhere, behind the frames, along the shelves, inside the fireplace and to my dissapointment, I discovered nothing. Where did the photograph could've been? I sighed again and decided that I should just hit the shower and dressed up for school. 

Reaching my phone, I unlocked it and found out that I was still on Soonyoung's unreplied text message. I chose to ignore it because we'll maybe meet at school right? I pressed the back button and slide down my notification bar only to be greeted by 13 missed calls from my mom which was 30 minutes ago.

My eyes widened and I quickly returned the call and after a few beeps, my mom picked the phone up. "He-" 

"Daeun, right?"

 I immidiately stopped talking when a voice of a man interrupted me from the other side

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter