010

Daeun's Mystery
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sky has darkened leaving trails of dark blue and a little shades of sky blue decorating it while the sun has almost slipping itself in the west of Namyangju.

Suprisingly, the only sound can be heard along this small quiet road was the sound of mine and Soonyoung's shoe base scratching on the black tar road. 

We're here again with Soonyoung volunteered himself to walk me home like yesterday. The thought of declining him didn't passed my mind just now as I knew, I knew that my mom won't be able to fetch me today. Luckily this is only a small countryside where everything isn't too far from each other.

Everything is complete in this small town. Houses are kind of close among the other houses, a couple of convinience store that setted up not far from the housing areas, one large clinic, school's from each stages completed with their eco-system surely made this small town feels more like a friendly community  once you've get used to it.

But somehow, I'm not on the point of getting used to this town. Yet. 

"How's everything here? I mean this place?" Soonyoung suddenly asked, breaking the silence that began to thicken few seconds ago. Since the day I've seen him walking past my mother's house, and since my first day at Donghwa High starts, who knew this blond hair boy would offer himself as a friend of mine. 

Although he didn't say it out loud. But I just knew. Even if the news of my mother and I moved here, practically no one ever make a move to even at least wished us a simple 'Welcome' or some help they would offer for us since we're new here. But this boy besides me is not one of them.

Nope. Correction. Not my mom. It's only me who's new here. Or maybe they've known my mother already. 

I cleared my throat, "Yeah, okay. I guess." Soonyoung stopped his steps and turned facing me which also made me reflected his actions as well. "Do you.. have anything to do tonight? I mean... like maybe you need to do some homeworks or something? Or you maybe have plans with your mom?" His eyes glued to the ground as soon as he finished asking. 

"It's Saturday tomorrow so I think I can put those homeworks away." I let out a small laugh before adding, "I don't know about my mom. She's probably busy again." Or maybe she's still not at home. Screw all her fake promises. 

"You should do that more often, Daeun." he suddenly said. I cocked my eyebrow, "Do what?"

He slid both of his hands inside his pockets when he retorted, "You know, the small soft laugh of yours. It's cute." 

I think a light tinge of pink already decorated my cheeks but thanks to the dark surroundings, they did a good magic covering them. I shuffled awkwardly on my feet and decided to change the topic, "So what about your question just now?"

"Ah right!" he slapped his forehead lightly which made me smiled at his cute behaviour. "Do you mind if I... take you out? For dinner? Because you know," he  coughed, "I said that I want to meet you after school. But since it's already dark to walk around here, I should take you to dinner instead. It's nothing fancy actually. Just some street-" 

"Sure, Soonyoung," I said. Man he buffered to much. He gave me  suprised look, "Real

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter