018

Daeun's Mystery
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I stopped my tracks upon hearing Mingyu's question. He reflected my action and when I was about to open my mouth to answer him, his phone suddenly rang which kind of saved the situation. 

"Hello?" 

The both of us continued our way to the grocery while Mingyu proceeded in talking to the person at the end of the line. "Oh? Dad is already home with some salt? Okay I'll be home soon. Bye mom." He removed his phone away from his ear and tapped a few times on the screen before putting it back inside his pocket. 

"You're not going to the grocery anymore?" I asked him with one of my brows rose. 

Mingyu gave me a short glance and and answered, "I would like to help you with your groceries if you want." 

I smiled and quickly shook my head, signalling that he don't need to do that. Besides, it will be a burden if he helps me with the groceries. "It's okay Mingyu. You already told your mom that you're going to be home soon right?" 

"But at least let me walk you to the groceries Daeun. You know how dangerous it is for a pretty young girl like you to be out here alone at this time of the day." He demanded with his already familiar deep voice. I laughed at his demand. "You actually think I'm pretty?" 

And now its Mingyu's turn to chuckle. "Any guy with two eyes will say so. " He turned to the front. "I think Soonyoung already point it out am I right?" 

I tilted my head an stiffled out a soft laugh, "I'm not sure about it and...look we're already here." I stopped in front of the grocery as Mingyu nodded and turned his heels to face me. "So..." 

"I'll see you around?" Mingyu asked, with the same grin plastered on his lips which showed his fangs. I nodded. "Sure. I'll see you around, Mingyu." I was about to enter the grocery store when Mingyu shouted something funny before strolling off. "Have fun with the groceries, new kid." 

How can you have fun with the groceries though?

/////

Trying my best to keep my body balance, I hugged the two large chocolate paperbag tightly that I need to peek somewhere on my right or my left to see my direction accurately. Ugh these paperbag's are killing me because first, it was so heavy, and large and they're distracting my body balance and blocking my vision of sight.

Why can't they just use plastic bags?

Remembering clearly from where I came from, I trailed my way back home accompanied by the chilling night breeze and passed by in front of the familiar large modern house. As I took a short glance on the house, I was about to walk away when some screams and shoutings from the house stopped my tracks.

"Father! I don't need to go there anymore! I don't need any treatment okay? I'm all better now. Can't you please understand my condition?"

Wait. Isn't that... Soonyoung's voice? 

Feeling utterly confused, I scooted closer to the house when the front door swung open. Mixed with flustered and nervousness, I quickly move myself away from the house area and walk away, before anyone who was at the door can see me.

Behind me, the person walked the opposite way and soon, the owner's footsteps slowly fades away. Turning around, I was greeted by nothing but only the post lights that shines

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter